• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Smash Bros. Thread (Read the First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

Please do. Again, you're being overly alarmist, based on absolutely nothing but an unlikely-to-the-point-of-being-nearly-impossible "what if".

BCVM22

So it's your "opinion" that Nintendo would make a preliminary announcement of this nature, regarding the arrival of one of their best-selling franchises on new hardware, and then in a year say "changed our minds lol"?

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
They need to have all the Pokemon as playable characters. There will just be a
'Pokemon' option and then you will be able to choose from all 649 Pokemon plus Missingno. and Mewthree.

BCVM22

'Pokemon' option and then you will be able to choose from all 649 Pokemon plus Missingno. and Mewthree.

This is the sort of post that we as posters in the thread mutually agreed aren't needed at the moment.

Dattebayo

Banned

RainbowDash4.jpg

That would really take up all the space from Wii U's storage limit.

Rezzo

Occasionally

They may as well have every character in Nintendo's history if that would happen, and have every single level as a stage in the history of Nintendo games. You sir are a game-designing genius.

Now lets produce all this in 3 years and fit it onto at most 3 Dis... Oh shi-

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Would it be possible to have a different trainer and different Pokemon as alternate costumes? They could just be each gen's main trainer, plus the startes in their specific form. That would be an interesting way to keep Pokemon Trainer instead of just having it for nostalgia.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I think he was being sarcastic...

No more speculations (especially Pokemon ones) on this thread...other than an awesome online server.

Dattebayo

Banned
I'm sure gonna miss the lag from Brawl's online, it just won't feel the same in this title's online server (yes, I also still feel sad about the Serebii lag gone).

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Would it be possible to have a different trainer and different Pokemon as alternate costumes? They could just be each gen's main trainer, plus the startes in their specific form. That would be an interesting way to keep Pokemon Trainer instead of just having it for nostalgia.

That would require hurtbox and hitbox altercations for each of the 15 Pokemon, all in one allocated character slot. If the trainers were to have different Pokemon with different attacks based on the costume chosen, it'd be far easier to just allocate every one of them into 5 separate spots, instead of trying to cram them all and risk too much data on one specific area.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I'm sure gonna miss the lag from Brawl's online, it just won't feel the same in this title's online server (yes, I also still feel sad about the Serebii lag gone).
You like lag? I demand an explanation!

Crazy_Possum

All we really know about the game itself as of now (correct me if I'm wrong) is that it's going to be for the Wii U and 3DS, right? As I understand it, the mods are touchy about SSB threads; don't start flame wars, guys. Even big threads, such as the "Disturbing things in Pokemon" thread, can be closed. I'm personally hoping for Cthulu and Magus/Janus from Chrono Trigger to star in the next SSB, but I'm not going to start an argument about it.

More on topic, Spear Pillar, a specific place from the Pokemon games, was made into a stage for SSBB. What places in Unova could be made into stages?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I had an idea for a transitioning stage that travels from Black City to White Forest and vice versa, via a special power from Reshiram and Zekrom, respectively. These two places are the exclusive locations of Black and White, and transitioning from one area to another via the BW mascots is a great way to represent them both.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Judging how Wii U will have much more power than the Wii in terms of hard drives and stuff, it wouldn't be so crazy to think all the characters from all the previous three gens of SSB will actually make the cut.

Sonic and Snake are probably the biggest two who will have the most trouble, though. Kojima may act giddy (official info states he likes to play stealth) again and let Nintendo keep Snake, but Sega might not be so convincing unless their favorite ego-maniac mascot is on a limbo.

Last edited:

BCVM22

It would, however, be crazy to think that such decisions are made solely based on hardware ability and memory size and that new hardware is itself a guarantee of such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.