• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Smash Bros. Thread (Read the First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReMixMasterMike

I found this article on IGN.:

E3 2011: Super Smash Bros. Was "A Miracle"
Masahiro Sakurai on making the original Smash Bros. game work, and on the possibility of teaming up with Capcom for the next title.

During IGN's interview with Masahiro Sakurai, the legendary designer behind the Super Smash Bros. titles and the inventor of Kirby, we asked him about the possibility of a Capcom character crossing over into the next Super Smash Bros., which is coming to both 3DS and Wii U. Here's what he had to say:

"I can't say that it's entirely out of the realm of possibility that some Capcom character could appear in the next Smash Bros. The big problem, though, comes from the idea of trying to get characters from a completely different universe to fit with the style that has been dictated by Nintendo's characters in a fighting game.

"In fact, I actually think it's a miracle that we got Smash Bros. and all the Nintendo characters to work together in the first place. Especially when you bring Pokemon into the mix and a lot of the complications that are caused by that being an almost completely different entity on its own, it's really something. So this is something that obviously will come up more as we get started on the new Smash Bros. development, but keeping those things in mind I think is important."

Development on the title hasn't begun yet, but it's encouraging that Mr. Sakurai sees the biggest hurdle as one of ensuring a good fit, as opposed to other potential complications. Given that both Solid Snake and Sonic appeared in Brawl, a classic Capcom character or two could definitely work in the new title.

We also asked Mr. Sakurai whether, looking back at Brawl and Melee, there were any things that he wasn't able to include - but really wanted to - that he could potentially put into the new title? He told is that: "There were actually a lot of things, but perhaps that's something to be talked about when we get closer to discussing that game in more detail."

Guess we'll have to wait and see. We'll have our full interview with Mr. Sakurai up next week, so stay tuned.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
So what will be thing that causes insane speculation and over analysis of a tiny detail like the clouds in the "This World" update? That's right dawgs, I heard you like speculating so I put speculation in your speculation.

woot21 out dawgs

I'd imagine that, if there was a website giving daily updates on what's going to be in SSB4 like the Dojo was for Brawl, I think that people are going to over analyze any written details. Does anyone else remember "Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!" of "There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now?" Does anyone else also remember how people used this one line as proof that Ness wasn't going to be in?

Exactly.

Last edited:

woot21

super noob
I'd imagine that, if there was a website giving daily updates on what's going to be in SSB4 like the Dojo was for Brawl, I think that people are going to over analyze any written details. Does anyone else remember "Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!" of "There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now?" Does anyone else also remember how people used this one line as proof that Ness wasn't going to be in?

Exactly.
Or that "Wario alone is special" hinted other characters might have alt costumes too, somehow. Good times, good times.

As for that interview, nothing really new in it, from what I saw. Just a way to create endless speculation about what he didn't include but wanted to.

woot21 out dawgs

woot21

super noob
They do it on purpose, I think.
Who? Sakurai, the interviewers, or the the people who post this stuff like it's big news?

woot21 out dawgs

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
SMASH BROS ANNOUNCED FOR BOTH 3DS AND WII U

AND SAKURAI WORKING ON BOTH

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Wii U SMASH!!! [Insert Unintelligible Growl]
Does anyone else remember "Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!" of "There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now?"
Yes.
Does anyone else also remember how people used this one line as proof that Ness wasn't going to be in?
Yes.
Good times, good times.
Yes.

Now, I'd just like to start by re-instating my previous non-realized stage predictions. BCVM22 may have ended up being right about no SMG stage last time around, as they apparently did stop developing new things other than Sonic, possibly, after early-to-mid '07, and apparently did not want to implement any new elements from the then-unreleased game, but now it and its sequel have become major Wii hits, and you can't tell me that they do not stand a very good chance of having stage representation this time around! Hey, I'd even go so far as to speculate a Rosalina-like costume for Peach should they finally implement costumes into the game, or a Luma appearance whenever Mario does the Mario Tornado Star Spin, but now I'm venturing away from what I was saying. To conclude: TRAINER TOWER AND DONKEY KONG STAGES FOR SSBC! Oh yeah, and on a related note:
What places in Unova could be made into stages?
Oh, I have an idea, but that will have to wait for another time, at least for now... LOLE

JD

Do you guys think we'll get just a small trailer at E3 next year or maybe even a name reveal? If it gets revealed at E3 next year I think it'll be released around 2014 or even 2015 at the latest.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
TRAINER TOWER FOR SSBF!

I like this, actually. Maybe the fight could be on an elevator, and in the "background" a playable character (Red/Gold/Brendan/Lucas/Black) would be battling random trainers. The music for the stage could be dependent on the player character battling, but could possibly be a remix of the Gym Battle theme or the Trainer Battle theme from their game maybe? And after so many battles, they'll fight a Frontier Brain. Also, if the concept of a "Pokemon Trainer" gets booted as a fighter, maybe Red could use Charizard/Squirtle/Ivysaur to reference Brawl. Just a thought. Don't hurt me.

Do you guys think we'll get just a small trailer at E3 next year or maybe even a name reveal? If it gets revealed at E3 next year I think it'll be released around 2014 or even 2015 at the latest.

Dood, E3 just happened. Stop speculating for next year already.

Last edited:

Dattebayo

Banned
Also, if the concept of a "Pokemon Trainer" gets booted as a fighter, maybe Red could use Charizard/Squirtle/Ivysaur to reference Brawl. Just a thought. Don't hurt me.

It may be unlikely since he first appeared as a starter fighter, which means he's here to stay in the roster for future titles (I'm basing this idea on the fact that all the Melee starters - Peach, Bowser, Zelda, and Ice Climbers - made it to Brawl).

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
It may be unlikely since he first appeared as a starter fighter, which means he's here to stay in the roster for future titles (I'm basing this idea on the fact that all the Melee starters - Peach, Bowser, Zelda, and Ice Climbers - made it to Brawl).

I doubt that.

They'll probably want to show off some new Pokemon, and I doubt Pikachu, Jigglypuff, or Lucario(Because of its massive popularity), will get the boot.

So I think its safe to bet they'll get rid of him, for a 5th Gen Pokemon.

Clamps

I really, really hope Lucario gets kicked out. They can put something, anything else in. I don't care what it is. I'm just sick of Lucario.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I doubt there is any prerequisite to remain on the roster, except for the so-called "Grandfather Clause," which is only staturous in title only. There won't be any physical backlash if a starter fighter was removed, nor will the game be any "inferior" to what it was before, so the act of removing characters is nondiscriminate except for the Big 4, I say.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
I really, really hope Lucario gets kicked out. They can put something, anything else in. I don't care what it is. I'm just sick of Lucario.

No.
Keep Lucario, and bring back Mewtwo. That way, we can brawl them together.

Dattebayo

Banned
Mewtwo will mostly likely replace Lucario like how he replaced him in Brawl since Zoroark is unlikely because he's an event Pokemon, and the fact that neither Deoxys nor Darkrai didn't make it in Brawl's roster leads to the the idea of event pokemon note being allowed to appear in SSB as playable character

Clamps

No.
Keep Lucario, and bring back Mewtwo. That way, we can brawl them together.

No. Get rid of Lucario, and to hell with Mewtwo too.

You haven't seen what I've seen, you haven't heard what I've heard. You haven't been witness to what I've been witness to.

Mewtwo will mostly likely replace Lucario like how he replaced him in Brawl since Zoroark is unlikely because he's an event Pokemon,

Zoroark will be a "Grey Exclusive." Mark my-

and the fact that Deoxys didn't make in Brawl's roster leads to the the idea of event pokemon note being allowed to appear in SSB as playable character

Woah woah woah, what the flying fuck are you talking about?

Last edited:

TicoPokemonMaster

Lucario was Mewtwo's replacement so guess who is lucario's replacement might be ( Oshawott) j.k

Clamps

Don't use sarcasm in the presence of Dattebayo. He's a bit slow, and he'll probably take you seriously. Seriously.

Dattebayo

Banned
Zoroark will be a "Grey Exclusive." Mark my-

Woah woah woah, what the flying fuck are you talking about?

Back in Brawl's days, many fans were speculating Deoxys to be playable to represent the third gen, and there were some who speculated Darkrai to appear as well, either to co-exist with Lucario or just for the heck of it. But neither of them made it and only Lucario made it to the roster, while Dexoys only made it as a Pokeball Pokemon. That's when I came to the conclusion that event Pokemon aren't allowed to be playable but only Pokeball Pokemon because of this event.

TicoPokemonMaster

haha your right plus back then Lucario was more popular than Dexoys

Status
Not open for further replies.