• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Smash Bros. Thread (Read the First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Ike is the most recent lord, unless they come out with a new Fire Emblem between now and SSB4's launch.

I could see My Unit being in the game. Probably the default male Mercenary.

Sure, Samus could wear different suits and Peach could wear her sports outfit, but what about Fox? Olimar? Sonic? Donkey Kong? A lot of these characters don't really have different appearances.

Remember how Wario alone was special? Well Peach, Link, Mario, Wario, etc. alone would be special. Also, I would KILL to see flappy head N64 Fox as an alternate outfit.

Last edited:

Dattebayo

Banned
I could see My Unit being in the game. Probably the default male Mercenary.

But then we'll need a name for "My Unit," unless they'll go by the generic name "Mercenary" just like how they named Red "Pokemon Trainer."

Clamps

I'd assume they would call him My Unit, since that's what he's called everywhere else.

Dattebayo

Banned
I'd assume they would call him My Unit, since that's what he's called everywhere else.

But it sounds... odd. I really can't imagine the announcer shouting "My Unit" as if it's his unit.

Clamps

And Pokemon Trainer doesn't sound odd? Besides, My Unit may get a more "Announcer friendly" default name if Nintendo ever decides to localize Shin Monshou no Nazo, so My Unit would only be announced in the Japanese version.

Last edited:

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I really hope the customizable units aren't Mii's, even though it's pretty likely. I'm kinda annoyed that the Mii's are barely customizable to begin with (as you all likely know, you are limited to the face as well as the color and size of the body, whereas the Xbox avatars have more customization options), so I doubt that would be that much fun if that was what we were limited to.

For that matter, I hope the stage customization options are better this time around. It seemed like all you could do is place objects, background, and music without more advanced customization options, like added effects, coloring and texturing, and your own music/backgrounds. It's kinda not as fun to play on custom stages if there are barely any options for customization.

Clamps

I really hope the customizable units aren't Mii's, even though it's pretty likely.

Oh god. Miyamoto Mii with a mix of Mario, Link and Olimar's movesets. Do want.

Also Michael Jackson Mii with a mix of Peach and Zelda's movesets. Do not want.

woot21

super noob
>implying most Mii's won't have FALCON PAWNCH as their entire special moveset

woot21 out dawgs

Clamps

>>>/v/

Let's leave Fortune with Fortune and Serebii with Serebii.

woot21

super noob
>>>/v/

Let's leave Fortune with Fortune and Serebii with Serebii.
At least I didn't change it to greentext when I did it. We all know that is what you'll see a lot of if there is moveset customization. That and Kirby's "HIIIIII!" taunt.

Oh one more thing...
>implying I go to /v/
Goodness no, it's almost worse than /b/.

woot21 out dawgs

Last edited:

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
If you mean the three satellite GDCs still to come this year, a game that isn't in the actual-nitty gritty of development now isn't going to have a whole ton to announce in a few months.If you mean next year's GDC in March of 2012, it's not completely impossible that enough work could have started to present some sort of teaser, but Nintendo would sooner wait the extra three months and drop any megatons at E3, with more eyes on them, than they would at GDC.
To be honest, I'm not that familiar with the schedule of them, so I was purposely vague so as to just reference a future show in general instead of any specific one, but I was thinking of one that would potentially take place sometime early next year, so I'll go with the Door #2 of what you said. But yeah, it most likely will come at next E3, if then, even.
Visual redesign and fighting style as well man. Link and Zelda are stuck in F tier due to speed issues and such things like other characters.
OK, but I still don't really see how SS designs can help those issues get resolved, really. Maybe I'm just being narrow-minded about this.
What I want to see is DLC.
Definitely!
What? Why not?
Victini would be another good choice for a Gen V representative, if only for the inevitable V-Create explosion of a Final Smash.
Surprisingly enough, that's true, I'd have to say! I mean, with previous contenders such as Pichu and Squirtle running around the battlefields in the past, a small-bodied Pokémon such as this is feasible. Also, it could easily have a moveset combining Mewtwo and Charizard (in the fire-theme, only)! How cool would it be to have a small, lightweight (possibly floaty-jumping due to small wings), psychic-pyro as a challenger? Maybe it's just me, but I think that sounds even better than Zoroark! Not as likely, perhaps, but moreso than many other options, at least, and with more character potential, too!
We do not know how much space the Wii U has that SSB will use
I'm pretty sure we do, actually, considering Nintendo announced that their new discs could hold up to 25GB of data, I believe.
I don't understand why you would want to pay MORE for a game you already own.
Oh, you're thinking of the typical Xbox/PlayStation-type of DLC. What is more likely, being Nintendo and not someone else, is free DLC distributed over the nine months or so after release, sort of like the daily downloads for Brawl, Pokémon for main series games, or Animal Crossing downloads. If it is free DLC like I would expect from Nintendo, it would be awesome, in my humble opinion!
the storage space for a Wii U game. We have no idea how much it'll hold
;132;
AC:CF did DLC right.
And I think the next SSB can, too, potentially.
We are trying to move away from the character stuff because it leads to flame wars
(Sighs.) Fine.
the other half of the fun was actually Luke_Groundwalker
Yeah, that's true.
MULTI-QUOTING ON AN IPOD FTW!!!
Yeah, boi!
if the game comes with 60 characters, it's going to take a lot longer to make the game than if they release with 40 characters and then come up with ideas for new ones.
Yes, I've thought of this fact, as well. I wouldn't go so far as to say there would be that many characters, though. I'd say about 50, tops.
a character from a popular game that comes out a year or so after SSB4.
I don't know about that, either. I would think that most of the DLC characters would probably, at the latest, done within two months after the release. Anything beyond that would be too hard to finish in time to release while the game is still relevant, market-wise. It is possible, though! Look at Roy, after all. I still wouldn't look for it to happen, however.
why does Pokemon need a representative for each generation
It doesn't. Besides, unless they could figure out a human character, such as the Rival, to use, I don't really see the 2nd Gen. getting any representation ever again. Once more, though, that's just my opinion.
I can see Ike being replaced by a new FE lord in the new games, but that's just my thoughts.
Mine, too, no matter how much we like Ike.
Sakurai mentioned character customization for the 3DS version, that would be transeferable to the Wii U version.
Wait, wait, don't tell me! I'm getting a reading from the future...

Smash Bros. DOJO!!
09/27/11
Update - 3DS: MORE STICKERS!
Pikachu getting different contest accessories
Of course that would only be possible after you unlock Dawn, but you knew that.
My Unit may get a more "Announcer friendly" default name
Kind of like how Mr. Game & Watch wasn't named "Ballman." I still rue that decision.
That and Kirby's "HIIIIII!" taunt.
And Sonic's "You're too slow!" taunt, assuming both return. Come to think of it, customizable taunts for any and all characters would be pretty cool, especially considering all of the possibilities for taunts, generally speaking!

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Kind of like how Mr. Game & Watch wasn't named "Ballman." I still rue that decision.

Oh god no. That would just lead to tons of kids making "balls" jokes. Mr. Game and Watch is a cool name.

On a similar note, what would they call the Animal Crossing kid if he got in? "Animal Crosser" sounds weird, but I can't think of anything. I guess they could always use Tom Nook...

Clamps

He won't be in, Sakurai said so himself.

Dattebayo

Banned
The main character, who is a default Animal Crosser, has to be playable first before Tom Nook even has a chance to appear. They fixed this problem with Red for the Pokemon reps in Brawl.

Clamps

He said that about Brawl.
Yes, but he said it about the character in general. The character doesn't fit the "theme" of Smash Bros.
And besides, he's changed his mind before.
[citation needed]
The main character, who is a default Animal Crosser, has to be playable first before Tom Nook even has a chance to appear. They fixed this problem with Red for the Pokemon reps in Brawl.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, what the fuck are you talking about?

Dattebayo

Banned
I've said it before and I'll say it again, what the fuck are you talking about?

*sigh*

Assuming that Sakurai did change his mind about not letting Animal Crossing characters in, he'll probably add the default Animal Crosser before adding Tom Nook.

woot21

super noob
No it will be Mr. Resetti, this is even hinted at by his AT, with him talking about how much *** he'd kick. His Final Smash would be a wall of text that crashes down on everyone, or he resets the fight, then goes into hyper mode on the other characters. And if not him, K. K. Slider with an El Kaboing style moveset.

Clamps, remember Sakurai himself said Ness wouldn't be in Brawl either, but he changed his mind on that.

woot21 out dawgs

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
When did he say that Ness wouldn't be in Brawl? His hilariously over-analyzed translated remarks notwithstanding, I thought that it was going to be obvious that he'd be in.

Unless that was sarcastic, because I just realized that that was something else that I missed in the old threads.

Clamps

Clamps, remember Sakurai himself said Ness wouldn't be in Brawl either, but he changed his mind on that.

Sakurai never said that. His translator did. What Sakurai said was something closer to "in the previous games, there is a character named Ness, who is similar to Lucas." He never used past tense when referring to Ness, only referring to Melee and SSB.

Status
Not open for further replies.