• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Smash Bros. Thread (Read the First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManhattanTheStarr

Oh, I LOVED Pichu in Melee. I never cared that it always hurt itself whenever you used an electric attack, it was awesome. Heck, I used it more than Pikachu. Even though it was just a clone (which is what Melee is well known for...), it kinda saddens me that it didn't make it to Brawl. But none of the other clones (except Ganondorf) made it, either. :p

Dattebayo

Banned
Or they may admire you for your sense of adventure. I get myself whooped by my friend's Ganondorf. I am not necessarily a bad player, but my friend is in a league of his own.

I'm pretty sure it's the former. The world of video games is being dominated by Stop Having Fun Guys, and I feel like we should obey their every command in order to fit in and not be treated as crud by them.

I'd be pretty damn surprised. I'd have three things to think Dattebayo might be: a troll, a moron, or a sarcastic motha****a.

I'm really getting sick and tired of this. All I want was to have my statements and ideas taken seriously, but then I end up being treated like crud by everyone as they if they're elitists themselves.

Now that I think about it, why do people just use Fox only? I know that some hardcore people don't use items or stages besides Final Destination because of chance (Although I don't see what the problem is with stages like Battlefield or Smashville that are specific shapes without any chance occurrences), but why would Fox be the only character allowed?

Back in the Melee days, Fox was the best character out of all the characters for his play style, combined with the game's physics.

Rubicante

Banned
Oh, I LOVED Pichu in Melee. I never cared that it always hurt itself whenever you used an electric attack, it was awesome. Heck, I used it more than Pikachu. Even though it was just a clone (which is what Melee is well known for...), it kinda saddens me that it didn't make it to Brawl. But none of the other clones (except Ganondorf) made it, either. :p

Well, the other clones are literally almost the same character, except for Roy, who was no longer very relevant. Roy's still my boy though. Ganondorf is one of my mains. I'd definitely like them to retool him into having some of his powers from the actual Zelda games, though. He really is too close to Captain Falcon and it shows. I'd like it if they made him just slightly faster, too.

Torpoleon

Although it's cool that there will be a Smash Bros. game for the 3DS & Wii U, I don't know what Iwata was thinking telling us about it before planning started for the game. I would have waited a little bit before making such an announcement. Didn't this happen with Brawl where Iwata talked about it early than he probably should have? I hope that doesn't mean the 3DS & Wii U Smash Bros. games wont have any problems, resulting in delays with the release(s) (in case they are coming out on different days, like Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games).

I'm not going to post a "dream" roster for the games, but I do hope that at least most of the characters from Brawl are in the games and that more characters are in the 3DS & Wii U Versions (not necessarily combined) than Brawl which had 35 characters.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm pretty sure it's the former.
The former statement of which? You know that smash tiers are different than Pokemon tiers in that Smash tiers apply to the people that can play them the best. Diddy Kong may be very good with Banana Peels when the best player plays him, but not so much if a less than tournament worthy player plays them. If you are implying that I'm a bad player, let me just tell you that I am not. My friend has a mastery with Ganondorf while I haven't quite mastered the characters I've played. Since he is just a better player period, I don't see that much in the application of tiers. Plus, I try to play other characters while my friend mainly plays Ganondorf, so I think he's cheating. j/k
The world of video games is being dominated by Stop Having Fun Guys, and I feel like we should obey their every command in order to fit in and not be treated as crud by them.
I play games to have fun. ._. No one should be pressured into thinking otherwise.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I say we start taking bets on what franchise the most broken character is from this time around. I'm guessing it'll be from Kirby, since they have the best track record.

Blazios

When it comes to the way I play the game, I have to say I'm a firm believer in the third way.

So I ask you all: Casual, Hardcore, or Like a Man?

ManhattanTheStarr

I really want another Yoshi character. However, it's very Marioish.

I need more Kid Icarus. Medusa?

Lol, the closest character to Yoshi that I can see being used in SSB4 is Birdo, and he's not even a part of the "Yoshi world". I can see Koopa Troopa or Dry Bones as a character, tbh. They could use Koopa Troopa/Dry Bones as a replacement for Squirtle (since I'm sure PT won't be in SSB4, or will use different Pokemon).

ManhattanTheStarr

Speaking of items, I hope the parasol makes a return in SSB4. I know it wasn't very useful, or amazing, but I loved being able to slowly fall down to the ground whenever I used it. :p

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Lol, the closest character to Yoshi that I can see being used in SSB4 is Birdo, and he's not even a part of the "Yoshi world". I can see Koopa Troopa or Dry Bones as a character, tbh. They could use Koopa Troopa/Dry Bones as a replacement for Squirtle (since I'm sure PT won't be in SSB4, or will use different Pokemon).

Except that Koopa Troopa and Dry Bones can't use Water moves like Squirtle can.

I still don't think that PT will be taken out or be given different Pokemon. If it happens, it happens, but I don't know why it would.

[aka]

Dude, I completely forgot about the Red Shells. I remember playing Brawl and looking to turn on the Red Shells, and was so pissed when it wasn't there. =/

I know. It was one of the bigger disappointments of Brawl. (Y'know...right below the SSE and the Wi-Fi.)

Personally, I hope they have a Gen V Pokémon Trainer. It could have Snivy, Dewott, and Emboar (as much as I hate him).

As far as the idea of Ryu being in Smash Bros. goes, I honestly wouldn't be surprised--plus his moveset is super easy to make:
B: Hadouken (Fireball)
Side B: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku (Hurricane Kick)
Up B: Shoryuken (Dragon Punch)
Down B: Focus Attack [Okay, I got nothing for Down B]

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
I'm really getting sick and tired of this. All I want was to have my statements and ideas taken seriously, but then I end up being treated like crud by everyone as they if they're elitists themselves.

You're not the only one to find it tedious. Yes, you made some very stupid comments in the old threads from about three years ago but the point is, that was about three years ago.

Then again, you may have said some stupid things here but I don't know because I'm not treating this thread as serious business, even if it is the only reason I still have an account here. I don't even play Pokémon anymore.

Regardless, attacking Dattebayo stopped being funny way back when Chuck Norris jokes stopped being funny, as in a long time ago.

Christ, I hate Chuck Norris jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.