• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Smash Bros. Thread (Read the First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManhattanTheStarr

Now that I think of it I don't think Sakurai will have a hard time implementing Zoroark's illusion ability. Oh yeah I want Red Shells back they were so much fun! I prefer them over the Green Shells by a long shot. I think Darkrai, Regigigas, and Shaymin might be Pokeballs since they were supposed to be in Brawl. Speaking of which we should think of new Pokemon to come out of Pokeballs.

Great idea~

I think Zorua would make an excellent Pokeball Pokemon. It could be summoned to transform into any other Pokemon and use their attacks. So it could be a double "you never know what you're gonna get" type of situation. :B And if Zoroark isn't made playable, then it can be Zoroark using Night Burst or something.

Serperior could use its long body as a whip of some sort, and attack any random opponent on screen. That, or it could use Leaf Storm.

Dewott could be a good Pokeball Pokemon, as it could throw its two shells in a ninja-like fashion, and they can swerve around the screen, come back to Dewott, and it'll disappear.

Of course, Reshiram and Zekrom would make amazing Pokeball Pokemon, as they can both come out from one Pokeball (in a similar way to how Latios and Latias do), or they can be separate and use their signature moves.

I think Gigalith could make a good replacement for Metagross and stomp around in place. And before anyone says "there's no reason to replace a Pokemon!", remember that Marill was replaced by Piplup, as they do the exact same attack.

Victini could use V-Create (that's really the new name for that attack?), but I have no idea how that move works or looks, so whatever.

Kyruem could be like Groudon, and stand in place releasing ice/frost(?) all over the place, and freeze whoever comes near it. Similar to the Ice Climber's Final Smash in Brawl. (Which is sooo annoying)

Joltik would also be pretty unique, as it could attach itself to any opponent and continuously shock them. Of course, the person it attaches to could just beat it off of them, like how you could "kill" Cyndaquil in Melee. Wait, is Cyndaquil in Brawl as well? I forgot. =/

I can't think of any others atm. (Brain fart)

JD

They were? Why weren't they?

Yeah I heard at some Jump Fiesta Demo thing before the game came out Regigigas would emerge and just stand around for a few seconds and then he would glow red and Crush Grip opponents or something. As for Darkrai I don't know why he wasn't added he was a trophy though. And I have no clue about Shaymin.

I think Cofagrigus would make a neat trophy he'd emerge from the Pokeball and pull opponents inside the coffin. And would take damage while they were inside like Gulpin back in SSBB. Vaniluxe would be cool too he could use Blizzard and freeze the opponent or something.

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
That would just lead to tons of kids making "balls" jokes.
That's crazy talk! Besides, doesn't everyone already yell out "I'm ballin' now, boi!" whenever they use they Ball-inspired throw?
what would they call the Animal Crossing kid if he got in?
My friend and I had a debate on this before. We agreed that "Villager" would make sense, though "Animal Crosser" seems to be more popular. Really, though, I think we'd all be rooting for "Village Idiot."
Only 50? But how we have room for Jr. Troopa, Jimmy T., Geno, Waluigi, Dimentio, the Koopa Bros., Mudkipz, and PeachIceClimbers?
Fine. For Jimmy T., 51.
Mahjong.
I think that SSB4 should have perk system for people who are ahead in the match and have a K.O. streak. Like an airstrike from Arwings or stage damage to spice things up.
Wait! This post just gave me another genius idea! (I've been getting a lot of those lately, haven't I?) Here it is: You know how much everyone loved slipping, and how great it was at making the game less competitive and junk? Well, this time there should be deadly stage obstacles that appear out of nowhere and attack a player should they start doing too good in the match! AND THEY CAN'T BE TURNED OFF! Eureka! I'm smart. Project Sora should really hire me, sometime!
Phillips CD-i Link
More genius! Man we're good!
Pikmin 3 is going to be out around the same time as SSB4
That's right! Look out, new clone on the block: Louie!
I really don't think any characters from Animal Crossing will be in SSB4. I just don't think they would be considering how non-violent the franchise is
I just had another great thought! I know what they can do: "Animal Crosser"/"Villager" can stand in the background while commanding Tom Nook, K.K. Slider, or Mr. Resetti! And you know what the best thing about Mr. Resetti would be? No jumping! Finally, a fair fight! I jusyt can't be stopped today, can I?
I meant that as a joke!
I didn't.
Her B move could be turning into any character on the stage, but with different attacks
No way! Here's what they should do: It appears as a Zoroark on the character selection screen, but as its intro, turns into a random character, but with its own original moves and voice/grunts and growls, until the results screen, when it changes back into a Zoroark! Come on, Sakurai, just pay me now!
I'm sure more could be done with it, but I can't really think of anything else
You're welcome.
Why do you guys keep calling Zoroark a "her"?
Because if other human-like Pokémon like Mewtwo and Lucario are any indication, its movie counterpart (a female, in this case) will strongly influence its potential appearance as a Smash Bros. character. Speaking of human-like female Pokémon, Jynx, the Human Shape Pokémon for Super Smash Bros. Clash!
choosing Zoroark by some secret button pressing method (a la ZSS) then have it appear as another character until you first get hit
That's a pretty cool idea, too, and I like it, but there's no way that they'd go for anything but my idea, obviously! Sorry.
it wouldn't be too complicated for the game designers to do the same.
Sure it wouldn't, if you don't mind seeing a bunch of Longchu's friends and family running around.
I just don't know how they could make becoming one of the fighters more unique besides her still having her original attacks like in the games...
Well, if my other idea isn't unique enough, it could instead transform into either Mewtwo, Deoxys, or Lucario, so as to save more space on the disc for other characters animations. But who would like that, really?
Regigigas, and Shaymin might be Pokeballs since they were supposed to be in Brawl.
Where did you hear this? I don't think I'm in on that conspiracy, unless you're talking about that one prohpet's "discovery" from that demo he supposedly played.
at some Jump Fiesta Demo thing before the game came out Regigigas would emerge and just stand around for a few seconds and then he would glow red and Crush Grip opponents or something.
Yeah, I was right. That thing. In that case, I'm not sure, either. The Internet is usually so reliable!
Cofagrigus would make a neat trophy he'd emerge from the Pokeball and pull opponents inside the coffin.
As cool as that would be, it sounds more like a Poké Ball Pokémon to me.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Anyways, what do you guys think about Meowth? I know that the oringal Smash Bros was going to include Peach, Bowser, Pit, King Dedede, Mewtwo and Meowth. Meowth is the only one that still hasn't shown up. But they obviously haven't tried to put him in Melee or Brawl, so have they scrapped the idea completely, or could he be a new character? There would be a lot of potential moves to choose from, but it also seems unlikely thet they would add a first generation Pokemon now.

Meowth is one of the six characters I wanted to be in Brawl when I made my wishlist back in 2005. Of those six, three made it in (Wario, Diddy Kong, king Dedede) and three didn't make it (Meowth, Toad, King K. Rool).

As much as I hate to admit, I'm only expecting to see one of those last three in SSBD, and that is King K. Rool.

What I want to see most in SSBD, and this is only an aesthetic thing which won't affect game play at all, is personalised victory music. Much like Meta Knight had his own version of the Kirby victory theme. Am I remembering correctly that this was planned for Brawl or am I misremembering?

That way, it would be sorta nifty in that Kirby and Meta Knight would keep the same victory music they have, but perhaps King Dedede could have more of an oompah-inspired sound to the same tune. It also wouldn't need to be the same tune for the whole franchise. Maybe Ness could revert to having the theme he had for SSB and SSBM, and Lucas can keep his SSBB one.

Rubicante

Banned
Meowth is one of the six characters I wanted to be in Brawl when I made my wishlist back in 2005. Of those six, three made it in (Wario, Diddy Kong, king Dedede) and three didn't make it (Meowth, Toad, King K. Rool).

As much as I hate to admit, I'm only expecting to see one of those last three in SSBD, and that is King K. Rool.

What I want to see most in SSBD, and this is only an aesthetic thing which won't affect game play at all, is personalised victory music. Much like Meta Knight had his own version of the Kirby victory theme. Am I remembering correctly that this was planned for Brawl or am I misremembering?

That way, it would be sorta nifty in that Kirby and Meta Knight would keep the same victory music they have, but perhaps King Dedede could have more of an oompah-inspired sound to the same tune. It also wouldn't need to be the same tune for the whole franchise. Maybe Ness could revert to having the theme he had for SSB and SSBM, and Lucas can keep his SSBB one.
I'd love to see more personalized music, too. Bowser could have a more metal victory theme, and Peach's could be "flowery", if that makes sense. Similarly, Ganondorf's theme could use an organ like they use in his actual theme music.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'd love to see more personalized music, too. Bowser could have a more metal victory theme, and Peach's could be "flowery", if that makes sense. Similarly, Ganondorf's theme could use an organ like they use in his actual theme music.
Petey Piranha can have calypso. Pat yourself on the back if you got that one.

The personalized music seems feasible since they kind of did that with Meta Knight, as mentioned earlier. If we have different entrances, then we could have different victory themes.

I don't quite get the Toad as a character idea (Well in some respect I do). What would you want Toad exactly to do? Should he be a powerful yet short character with low jump, like Super Mario Bros. 2? Come to think of it, that would be interesting, but I don't really think the idea will come to fruition. Despite it being a low hurdle to jump to replace Peach's special, I don't really see them condoning the idea.

woot21

super noob
My friend and I had a debate on this before. We agreed that "Villager" would make sense, though "Animal Crosser" seems to be more popular. Really, though, I think we'd all be rooting for "Village Idiot."
We all know it will be called "You", since that is what they represent.

woot21 out dawgs

Del Mundo

Ghost Fan
THAT WAS A RHETORICAL QUESTION. STOP COMING UP WITH POINTS FOR DATTEBAYO TO USE. Besides, they'd probably base it on the games

Just thought that Stunfisk would be good as a Poké Ball Pokémon being like a Pitfall Trap, but using Discharge to hold them in place and damage them at the same time.

Would also like to see Sigilyph and Yanmega in some form.

If you got Pokedex 3D, stunfisk's model is REAALLY flat. It would be hilarious if he becomes a trap and zaps whoever steps on him.

[aka]

Personally, I'm kinda expecting Reshiram and Zekrom to get their own stage. Maybe some sort of White Forest/Black City thing.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
[aka];12741847 said:
Personally, I'm kinda expecting Reshiram and Zekrom to get their own stage. Maybe some sort of White Forest/Black City thing.

Maybe it could alternate between the two, like with the Mushroomy Kingdom.

ManhattanTheStarr

I wonder how they will change Final Destination this time around. Brawl is my favorite version of FD so far so I hope SSB4 does something awesome with it as well.

I think that Reshiram and Zekrom's stage will be N's castle revamped for SSB4.

That's really the best thing about Brawl: the music. It has the best remixes in it (though some of Melee's were good too). I want to see how they'll remix some of the music in BW, personally.

woot21

super noob
As long as songs like "The DK Rap", GourMETAL Race, "Go K.K. Rider", and some others return, I'll be happy as a clam. Wait are clams actually happy? I mean they just sit there get caught, then get eaten. Oh god, that must be depressing. *sigh*

woot21 out dawgs

ParaChomp

be your own guru
[IMG139]http://www.scienceblogs.de/frischer-wind/animated-facepalm-thumb-512x512.gif[/IMG139]
Naruto will make it into the next Super Smash Bros. for sure. Believe it! Is there a Nintendo named "Naruto" because there wasn't last time I checked?

woot21

super noob
i wonder if naruto will be in this game maybe even daisy toadette sora and axel.
You should leave this thread and never return to it until you learn how to discuss features of the Smash Bros. series in an intelligent and rational manner. Judging from this post I'll say E3 2013 at the earliest.

woot21 out dawgs

JD

You should leave this thread and never return to it until you learn how to discuss features of the Smash Bros. series in an intelligent and rational manner. Judging from this post I'll say E3 2013 at the earliest.

woot21 out dawgs

Are you being serious about the E3 thing you said? If not I think we might get at least a name reveal at next years E3 but you know what I guess it's still a little too early to talk about things like that. If we get a new SSE would you rather Tabuu come back or would you rather Crazy Hand or Master Hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.