• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Smash Bros. Thread (Read the First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember how people were speculating that if Bowser Jr. was in brawl, he'd be able to transform to Shadow Mario.

But yeah, that was another character on my wishlist that never got in. I really want him in now. I mean, if Diddy Kong can, why not Bowser Jr.?

TicoPokemonMaster

I remember how people were speculating that if Bowser Jr. was in brawl, he'd be able to transform to Shadow Mario.

But yeah, that was another character on my wishlist that never got in. I really want him in now. I mean, if Diddy Kong can, why not Bowser Jr.?

Well for one Smash Bros goes by series characters.

The Mario Series has: Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser
The Yoshi Series has: Yoshi
The Star Fox series has: Fox, Falcon, and that Wolf
The Zelda Series has: Link, toon link, Zelda/Shiek, and Ganondorf
The DK Series has: DK and Diddy
The Wario Series has : Wario
Kirby has: Kirby, Meta Knight, and king Deedee.

So in short the DK series needed another character while the Mario series has more than enough characters.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Mario is the mascot of Nintendo, there's no reason he shouldn't have more characters than any of the other series.

JD

Do you think it would stir controversy if Baby Mario was in being a baby and all?

Dattebayo

Banned
Mario is the mascot of Nintendo, there's no reason he shouldn't have more characters than any of the other series.

Well considering that some players complained about more Street Fighter characters in the Vs. Capcom games, it may happen if they add Mario characters.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Would I be the only one who would like to see Anthony Higgs as the next Metroid rep?

Ridley can get in, sure. But I'd really like to play as Anthony with his huge energy gun. Instant favorite.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Would I be the only one who would like to see Anthony Higgs as the next Metroid rep?

Ridley can get in, sure. But I'd really like to play as Anthony with his huge energy gun. Instant favorite.
Is it likely? No.

Would it be so totally awesome that you could not say anything bad about the idea of having him in? Yes!!

TicoPokemonMaster

So what if Mario is the mascot of Nintendo. Smash Bros is a collection of Nintendo franchises battling it all out. Not a Mario game where these other characters magically popped up into his gaming universe

Blazios

Think of how great Anthony Higgs's entrance into the equivalent of the SSE would be.

This time, we would remember him.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Mario and Pokemon are Nintendo's flagship franchises and moneymakers. It's only appropriate that these franchises are the represented the most, because these are the characters that people see every day in merchandising.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Think of how great Anthony Higgs's entrance into the equivalent of the SSE would be.

This time, we would remember him.
That was great, man. Anthony really would be that awesome. I think Deathborn would make a great nemesis in the new SSE.

Mario and Pokemon are Nintendo's flagship franchises and moneymakers. It's only appropriate that these franchises are the represented the most, because these are the characters that people see every day in merchandising.
Appropriately so. Business is business.

TicoPokemonMaster

Guy I don't want to be taking in the wrong while I for one will welcome any Mario character that appears on Smash Bros. All's I'm saying is that the other series like DK need some love as well. Even the Metroid and Yoshi series as well

Clamps

Yoshi and DK are kind of part of the Mario series. And all three lack characters who could be suitably turned into fighters.

TicoPokemonMaster

Yoshi and DK are kind of part of the Mario series. And all three lack characters who could be suitably turned into fighters.

your right but in Smash terms they seem to be considered different series (especially Yoshi). And I totally agree with you in that the three series lack suitable fighters.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

What? Yoshi does, but only because the Yoshi series has almost no characters that aren't Mario characters. Kamek, maybe, but that's not very likely. Donkey Kong could easily add in Dixie Kong, DK Jr, or K. Rool, and Mario has tons of potential characters.

However, I do think the Mario series has enough fighters. One more, at the most. Maybe Toad.

Clamps

I was talking about Yoshi, Donkey Kong and Metroid.

Rakurai

I'd personally like to see at least one Golden Sun character, and a Fire Emblem character who isn't a sword user (Since we've got plenty enough of those as it is).

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I was talking about Yoshi, Donkey Kong and Metroid.

Oh.

But still, like I said, there's still a number of DK possibilities. And Metroid doesn't have many, but Ridley is definitely possible. Or Anthony if they end up making him a more prominent character in future titles.

I'd personally like to see at least one Golden Sun character, and a Fire Emblem character who isn't a sword user (Since we've got plenty enough of those as it is).

Problem is, almost every Fire Emblem lord is a sword user. Sothe, Micaiah and Ephraim are exceptions (and someone from FE4 I think; I haven't played that one)

Rubicante

Banned
Oh.

But still, like I said, there's still a number of DK possibilities. And Metroid doesn't have many, but Ridley is definitely possible. Or Anthony if they end up making him a more prominent character in future titles.

Problem is, almost every Fire Emblem lord is a sword user. Sothe, Micaiah and Ephraim are exceptions (and someone from FE4 I think; I haven't played that one)

Don't forget about Marth's girlfriend, Caeda. She could use her pegasus and be another flying character.

Status
Not open for further replies.