• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Smash Bros. Thread (Read the First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I think all of you are missing the big point of discussion here: How will the Wii U's controller be utilized in this new Smash Bros? Will it be just another view of the main screen, or can it be further incorporated for something else?

If I am correct, it seems that there can only be one WiiU controller per console, so I would figure that you control your guys through other methods. As for the actual controller, I would imagine that it could be used for cycling through menus or something.

Rubicante

Banned
I think all of you are missing the big point of discussion here: How will the Wii U's controller be utilized in this new Smash Bros? Will it be just another view of the main screen, or can it be further incorporated for something else?

Well, what I can see happening is Sakurai not wanting to have any gimmicks in the Wii-U version. He didn't want to tamper with what made Smash Bros great. It'll probably just be a second screen of the action, so you can keep playing if somebody needs to watch something when you're playing single player or on Wi-Fi. I'm really excited about Free-For-All with five players. It's confirmed you can use four Wiimotes and the Wii-U controller at the same time, right?

[aka]

It's confirmed you can use four Wiimotes and the Wii-U controller at the same time, right?
There have been gameplay videos confirming that it's possible and even planned for certain games, however I wonder if that feature will make it to SSB4. Personally, I somewhat doubt it, though it'd be interesting to try...

Blazios

what if naruto was owned by nintendo would he have a chance of getting in?

No, because Naruto being in is still stupid.

Your idea is bad and you should feel bad.

P.S. Anyone wanna post on the Zelda thread so I can rant about NoE cheating me out of something that should rightfully be mine?

JD

How do you guys feel about Waluigi getting in? Or maybe Rosalina as a new Mario rep?

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
I think Ike might actually be gone by the next SSB, and I wouldn't complain.
Aw, but I like Ike! Then again, if another FE comes out, he's pretty much as good as gone, probably.
Quick question for BCVM22...
Um, excuse me! What is this? I don't even.
would it be legal for SSB to represent Tetris?
Well, hopefully, considering Tetris music was in Brawl. Otherwise, Nintendo could seriously be hurting, soon. And Will Wright better not catch on, either, or they'll really be in trouble! Time to use "Rosebud"!
But Victini's an event Pokemon, which I can assume aren't allowed to be playable
You can assume that, but I doubt anyone is going to agree with you. Besides, Victini is one of the most legitimately obtainable of all Mythical Pokémon, as he's had a recent Nintendo-sponsored event in almost all regions, and it will be given away again when its movie(s) is/are released!
I really don't want Victini as a character (its too small).
I would mention Pichu, but I don't know if I'd call a comparison like that "support," exactly. And on the size note, I have an interesting question: Is Ridley too big or Victini too small for a playable character? Which one is worse, I wonder...
Dude. Olimar.
Yeah, that too. Not to mention Jigglypuff, Kirby, a Game & Watch character (Look at the tiny screen!)...
I think we are left with only Pikachu, Game & Watch, and Peach at this point. Oh, and Ice Climbers.
Sounds good to me! But wasn't Peach discarded due to her Down B?
Which, for the record, is the best abridged series by far.
What, does it have over 9,000 views? (Yes, I'm funny.)
Well, at least we have Game & Watch!
Exactly! And Pikachu, too! Yes, I'm going to win every single match from now on.
I still need to pick up the Metroid Prime Trilogy!
You may want to hurry it up, considering that it's been discontinued.
Don't forget about The Rolling Western having a stage!
Yes, that would be cool, but it may pale in comparison now that we have Mushroomy Kingdom. How do you beat a desert like that? Unless it was an Old West town, in which its only real competition is possibly Pokémon Stadium 2, which isn't that big of a deal.
Fans speculated Deoxys and Darkrai, both event Pokemon, to be playable in Brawl for gen representation purposes (Gen 3 missed out, though you could argue that Red is representing that gen with his FR/LG outfit) until the fact that Deoxys became an assist trophy and Darkrai became a plain trophy.
Yes, until they were beaten out by a more marketable and relevant (at least at time of development) Pokémon. That's all there was to it.
What's wrong with them?
Samurai Goroh. The nightmares! With him around, it's a good thing Darkrai wasn't playable!
I still dont see why Naruto can't be in this game he could use shadow clone jutsu it could be like If he gets hit a clone would appeared behind you and punch you. and his projectile could be like shuriken through his final smash would be kn4
OK, I give. You know what? You're right! Naruto will be in the next Smash Bros. game! I mean, he's practically confirmed! Believe it!
Emerald Hills remix
Yes.
Metroid Prime Hunters opening theme
More yes. You seem to have pretty good taste!
Stop dude, just... stop.
Hammer Time! A new challenger is approaching!
Naruto would probably be another Fox clone anyway.
OK, that's a good one.
Wrestling commentary during the match? If it matched up with what was actually happening during the game, that would be epic.
And then you send out Mr. Resetti. Now's his time to shine in the ring! Or just really annoy everyone.
If Sonic does come back for SSB4 do you think one of his buddies will tag along as a character like Tails and what not?
What kind of question is that? Not unless he's an Assist Trophy.
How will the Wii U's controller be utilized in this new Smash Bros?
As a coaster, probably.
I'm really excited about Free-For-All with five players. It's confirmed you can use four Wiimotes and the Wii-U controller at the same time, right?
Yes, but I doubt there will be five-player action in the new Smash Bros. game, honestly.
what if naruto was owned by nintendo would he have a chance of getting in?
Well, yes, of course, because he wouldn't have started out as a manga character, thus making him eligible.
Anyone wanna post on the Zelda thread so I can rant about NoE cheating me out of something that should rightfully be mine?
What? I think we need some explanation, first.
How do you guys feel about Waluigi getting in? Or maybe Rosalina as a new Mario rep?
I would like for both to be playable, but I don't see them getting in before Bowser Jr., unless there are six representatives, in which case Waluigi might make it in and actually be pretty cool!

JD

You know I'm probably going to get flamed for this but I'd like Hilda or Hilbert to join Red as a new Pokemon Trainer in SSB4. Using Snivy, Dewott and Emboar with the movesets being the following.

Snivy
Standard Special Move: Light Screen, Snivy creates a yellow barrier around itself and reflects all projectiles. Such as Fox,Wolf, and Falco's blaster Mario's Fire Ball, Pikachu's Thundershock ect... The barrier can be shattered if it by a physical move while Light Screen is up.

Up Special Move: Aerial Ace,I was actually thinking what Snivy's up special move could be. I was actually thinking something like Aerial Ace would be cool it could be like Lucario's Extremespeed but it would cause damage upon contact. You would be able to choose what direction you want to go with Aerial Ace. Or it could be like Ivysaur and use Vine Whip as an up special move.

Side Special Move: Leaf Tornado, Snivy spins on it back and causes a Tornado made of leaves you can also release it and cause the tornado to slide across the arena for a short distance. It would probably be similar to
Meta Knights Mach Tornado.

Dewott
Standard Special Move: Water Pulse, Dewott charges a blue orb of water and fires it at the opponent. If the orb is charged long enough it can daze or confuse the opponent temporarily like Water Pulse does in the actually games.

Up Special Move: Aqua Jet, Dewott propels itself up into the air with a jet of Water like Snivy's Aerial Ace the direction of the move can be directed. It causes damage upon contact the downside is while using Aqua Jet Dewott is not able to stop unless attacked.

Side Special Move: Razor Shell, Dewott's scalchop glows and it slashes the opponent similar to Marth's dancing blade attack. Dewott can also throw the shells as a projectile but opponents are able to grab the shells and throw them back at Dewott in order to attack.

Emboar
Standard Special Move: Hammer Arm, Emboar's fist glow and it launches foward with an extremely powerful punch. If the punch is not being charged up it actually smacks the opponent into the ground with an overhead strike like DK's Headbutt.

Side Special Move: Nitro Charge, Emboar stomps on the ground and charges at the opponents covered in flames if anyone remembers Fox's Fire Fox attack from Melee it would be like that but slower. And it would not be able to be launched to go into the air.

Up Special Move: Heavy Bomber, Emboar jumps up into the air and falls back down with it's arm out sort of like a Body Slam. The lighter the opponent is the more damage the attack does so if the move is used on Kirby or Pikachu the move does a lot of damage especially if falling from high altitudes.

They all share the same down special move Pokemon Change.

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
I'm probably going to get flamed for this but I'd like Hilda or Hilbert to join Red as a new Pokemon Trainer in SSB4.
Why would you get flamed for that? It actually makes some sense! They just better not use those awful names in the game(s) or everybody is going to hate them.
Using Snivy, Dewott and Emboar
That part is somewhat debatable, as they seem to place the most emphasis on Oshawott (I believe, but I could be wrong). However, Snivy also has quite the fanbase, so it's hard to say which they'd go with. I do know that I'd like for them to use Samurott, though, personally, considering its awesome swords, but that's just me.

JD

I'd rather have Snivy instead of Oshawott especially if Red sticks around two Pokemon Trainers both having an unevolved water type starter would be pretty boring. Besides I thought Snivy was the most popular Unova starter I know Oshawott is popular too but I think using Dewott would just be awesome using Samurott would be cool too. But Emboar seems like the best fully evolved Unova starter to get in fighting with Serperior would be really weird and it doesn't seem likely. If they use Samurott it would remind me a lot of Ivysaur both being fighting on four legs don't get me wrong I love Samurott I'd rather see Dewott though.

Another thing what if they implement type advantages and type disadvantages among the Pokemon? For example
Snivy's attacks like Leaf Tornado or Ivysaur's attacks like Bullet Seed, Vine Whip or Razor Leaf would deal very little damage to Charizard or Emboar. But more damage to Squirtle or Dewott and neutral damage to Pikachu? And Dewott and Squirtle would deal a lot of damage too Emboar and Charizard but less damage to Ivysaur or Snivy?

Last edited:

Dattebayo

Banned
Aw, but I like Ike! Then again, if another FE comes out, he's pretty much as good as gone, probably.

Ike first appeared in Smash as a starter character, which means he'll stay for future installments.

Also, that's the same starter set I've thought up for Hilda.

JD

Ike is very popular in Japan he's one of the characters that will not be leaving I can guarantee that.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
He's only popular in Japan because the Fujoushi have latched onto him after he was essentially confirmed gay in Radiant Dawn.

JD

He's only popular in Japan because the Fujoushi have latched onto him after he was essentially confirmed gay in Radiant Dawn.

Well I never heard of that I just heard he was popular in Japan but whatever. Anyway I was thinking of a list of possible capcom characters that could get in or possibly have a chance of getting in.
1) Megaman
2) Ryu
3) Viewtiful Joe
4) Chris Redfield
5) Phoenix Wright
What do you guys think?

Rubicante

Banned
Well I never heard of that I just heard he was popular in Japan but whatever. Anyway I was thinking of a list of possible capcom characters that could get in or possibly have a chance of getting in.
1) Megaman
2) Ryu
3) Viewtiful Joe
4) Chris Redfield
5) Phoenix Wright
What do you guys think?
I think Megaman would have the highest chance due to three factors:
1)Nostalgia:Many gamers have played one of the classic Megaman games at some point in their lives. By putting Megaman in, it'd help bring back those good memories many people have and encourage them to purchase one of the newer Megaman titles, like Megaman 10.
2)Relevance:Back in the day, Megaman had tons of games for the NES. Now I know some of them came out for other systems too, but I'm just saying, he's paved his way into Nintendo, especially with Megaman 9 & 10 for the Wii.
3)Potential:Considering Megaman gets power ups by defeating bosses, he'd be able to have a very unique range of moves. They could base his attacks off the original Megaman or maybe a more recent one. They could also use Rush as an Assist Trophy. I'm not sure what his Final Smash could be.

Dattebayo

Banned
If Ryu makes it instead of Mega Man, then I hope they include Guile's theme for the various Street Fighter musics because that song fits through everything.

Blazios

Obviously Dudley needs to be an Assist Trophy. If attacked, he can just CROSS COUNTAH and if not, he'll run over to some Gutter Trash and KEEP IT CLASSY.

Though of all those characters, Phoenix Wright needsto be in the most. Scratch that, Miles Edgeworth needs to be in. Scratch that, WENDY OLDBAG needs to be in (IDEA! She could be an Assist Trophy that annoys everyone like Resetti).

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I love the fact that I can still use the wiimote + nunchuck for the new smash bros game. Feels good man.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I love the fact that I can still use the wiimote + nunchuck for the new smash bros game. Feels good man.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.