• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Smash Bros. Thread (Read the First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonOwn

I could see the N's Castle idea work.

^ lol, another Tank-Based FS. Fox, Falco and Wolf have tried that already XD

But it's a cool idea.

JD

Bandana Waddle Dee is an interesting idea and I never thought of Prince Fluff that's actually a pretty good idea I don't know how popular he is though. He seems more like an assist trophy right after Brawl came out I was actually thinking of Knuckle Joe as a new Kirby rep. I know that this is going to sound like a very weird idea it actually just came to mind this morning because I had a dream about SSB4. How about Primid as a playable character from the SSE? (prepares to get flamed.)

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I have just got an amazing idea for a new Kirby playable character.

BANDANA WADDLE DEE.

No, this is not a joke. I mean, he's a co-op character in Kirby Wii, right? So he's basically a new, recurring, playable character.

He could use a parasol to attack, and his Final Smash could be a Megaton Punch!

I do think this is unlikely, due to Dedede's existing side B and the fact that there are other more recognised Kirby characters out there, but it's just an idea.

Alternatively, Prince Fluff, with his yarn-based powers, and the tank form as his Final Smash.

I had actually thought of this too, but was too ashamed to mention, afraid it would group me in with those who wanted Naruto or Master Chief :p

I would just call him "Waddle Dee" with or without a bandana. Also, he uses a spear in Kirby Wii, and in some other appearences, so he could wield a spear in Smash Bros. They are often seen using Parasols, so his Up+B move could be like Peach's. Or it could be his move from Kirby Wii, where he spins he spear like a propeller to fly. (He rally does do this in Kirby Wii.)
Problem is, I don't know what he could really do beyond that. And Kind Dedede would have to get a new Side+B movem and a new Final Smash. So I don't really think it will happen.

It's the same problem with Toad. He's a recurring character, often playable, but dosen't really have any viable moves. And Peach would have to get a new move. Now that I think about it, Toad and Waddle Dee have a lot of the same problems.

I would not want a yarn character in Smash Bros, though.

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Knuckle Joe... sounds good. Helper-To-Hero much? I chose Fluff and BWD since they're existing playable characters, so they seem likely to get on the list.

Primid... I wonder how that would work? I think it's highly unlikely though since SSB is focused on existing characters.

So, my current guesses (on franchises I know):

Paper Mario rep.
Zoroark
BWD/K. Joe/Fluff/Kracko (one of them)
A Capcom rep, most likely Mega Man

I also highly believe that R.O.B. will stay. Why? Well, he's important to Nintendo's history. Also, Mr. G&W stayed from Melee to Brawl, so the same thing will probably happen to R.O.B. since both are surprise 'retro' characters.

Edit: Dedede might not need a new Side-B, if the new Waddle Dee wears a bandana to differenciate himself. ;]

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
[aka];12784602 said:
Because I have a point or because you're a bad person?

Actually, I misspoke. I don't think Megaman would play like Samus, just that they would be similar in that they would both have a cannon attack as their main special as well as a variety of other tricks up their speed. I mean, Megaman has years of content they could draw from. It'd be interesting to see how he would be implemented.
Well unlike Samus his Canon could probably hit through foes like in the games instead of the character absorbing the canon. Think of how awesome that would be in team matches.
For added fun they could make his up b a shouryuken: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCiOAWW4Ljw

Dattebayo

Banned
Songs I like to see once Mega Man is confirmed:

Mega Man 3 theme
Dr. Wily Castle (MM2)
We Are the Robots (MM9)
Boss Themes
Cut Man
Elec Man
Metal Man
Wood Man
Snake Man
Junk Man
Shade Man
Concrete Man

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
BWD/K. Joe/Fluff/Kracko (one of them)
A Capcom rep, most likely Mega Man

I don't think Knuckle Joe is important enough, really. And how could Kracko work? He's just a big cloud with spikes... Assist Trophy material definately, but I couldn't see him as a fighter.

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
I thought Snivy was the most popular Unova starter
It may be. I honestly don't know. However, I do know that it is my favorite!
what if they implement type advantages and type disadvantages among the Pokemon?
They probably will, again, among Trainer Pokémon.
Ike first appeared in Smash as a starter character, which means he'll stay for future installments.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't say that in the rules, so you should really wait before you say that.
he was essentially confirmed gay in Radiant Dawn.
What?! Really? Wow, that's... well, you know.
I never heard of that
Me neither. I wonder if the Colonel knows? Or Mei Ling or Otacon, for that matter. The Codec conversations might just become a little more interesting! And that's saying something!
I was thinking of a list of possible capcom characters that could get in or possibly have a chance of getting in.
1) Megaman
2) Ryu
3) Viewtiful Joe
4) Chris Redfield
5) Phoenix Wright
I was, too, but my list stopped after your number one.
What do you guys think?
Sounds good, except for Chris Redfield. I don't know about him ever getting in, personally.
Phoenix wright should be a assist trophy.
What? No. No third-party franchise of that sort is going to be solely represented by an AT. Well, unless they try to slide him in as a Prof. Layton character after the crossover, which would be pretty funny! Speaking of Layton, old London stage in the traditional PL animation, anyone? Yes, please!
If any projectile hits him, he says OBJECTION! , then shouts TAKE THAT! and deals 20 damage to the person who launched the projectile (With a good amount of knock-back)
OK, well if it ever does happen by some craziness, it better happen that way! I really like this idea!
Geno better be a character.
He is, and always will be. He's just one that will never see the light of day as a playable character in a Smash Bros. game, that's all.
Or I will use my final smash. In Nintendo headquarters. While everybody is working.
Well, I guess there's going to be a lot of casualties, then. Why don't you go after Japan itself while you're at it?
Richard from LFG.
I have no idea what this is, either, but I must ask why you are not suggesting any SBCG4AP characters? I figured you'd be all over that for ridiculous characters!
They better god damn put Gusty Garden track in Smash Bros. 4.
And Toy Time Galaxy, too! Why not just put a couple of medleys, actually? I think that would be so much fun to listen to, as long as they were long enough to encompass the best of the best from each game, individually.
Mario='81
Luigi='85
I think he means in terms of Smash Bros. games.
Ivysaur? Totally OK with this.
Agreed.
I would prefer if Joe were playable.
I think we all would, pretty much, except for the rabid Mega Man fans, maybe.
Another (less plausible) improvement could be to disable that taunt when you select an individual Pokémon on the character select screen, and disable the stamina system along with it, therefore giving people the chance to play as the one Pokémon as much as they like.
But they can't do that! That would take all the fun out of it!
Except maybe 2nd gen cos the starters sucked
Thank you. So I'm not the only one who feels this way?
I also hope for more Kirby characters.
I wouldn't count on it, unless they decide to put in some character that doesn't really seem to fit in with the others (since it wouldn't be a main character of the series), like that guy from Epic Yarn or something. Then maybe you'll get your wish.
and some more Paper Mario characters
What? They're were some to begin with? Unless you mean as trophies, in which case, yeah, there probably will be some more.

EDIT:
Does everyone who hates Johto's starters totally forget Feraligatr is the second-best Water-type starter to this day from a competitive standpoint?
Yes. Or they don't really care much about competitive play.
Nintendo knows better than to turn a unique idea into a gimmick.
Yeah, right! Good one!
the Sun and the Moon
That would be pretty cool, but I wonder what Link would think? It might bring back bad memories for him!
Gray Fox(if snake is kept in.)
No way! That will never happen. Besides, if, theoretically, MGS was to get another playable character, I can guarantee you that it would be Raiden.
Blue Flare or Bolt Strike
Freeze Bolt or Cold Flare
What? You mean their signature moves? That's not what they're called, but I knew what you meant, so I suppose it doesn't really matter.
Prince Fluff
Yeah, that's it!
How about Primid as a playable character from the SSE?
If he wasn't so weak, I'd actually like that. But they could always just make him really weak, and then have Tabuu as his Final Smash. That would be interesting, and not broken at all! As far as playable TSE characters go, I'll definitely settle for an Ancient Minister costume for R.O.B. I would never play as NES R.O.B. ever again! Or at least not as much!
I think it's highly unlikely though since SSB is focused on existing characters.
Yeah, and everyone knows that Primmits don exits!
I also highly believe that R.O.B. will stay. Why? Well, he's important to Nintendo's history. Also, Mr. G&W stayed from Melee to Brawl, so the same thing will probably happen to R.O.B. since both are surprise 'retro' characters.
Plus he's awesome, so, you know, he's got that going for him, too.
Snake Man
!
He's just a big cloud with spikes...
Oh, that stupid thing? I do not like him! Not after Kirby's Dream Land! Stupid Kracko!!

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I don't think Knuckle Joe is important enough, really. And how could Kracko work? He's just a big cloud with spikes... Assist Trophy material definately, but I couldn't see him as a fighter.

I imagined lightning and rain attacks... but he may be a bit big/too floaty to be a fighter. =/ So Waddle Dee is the most likely? Out of the four I listed anyways.

Song-wise, I'd love to hear Ho-Oh's battle theme and the B/W legendary battle in it, they're really cool. ^_^

Edit: Oops, I didn't mean to put the 'some more' for Paper Mario. ^_^; However, maybe one playable/Assist Trophy?

For Kirby, I was under the assumption that there'd be one or two more characters for the 'main' series. Anyway, I think of Kirby, Meta Knight and Dedede as 'main' characters, so I'd imagine there should be someone else apart from them.

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
Personally, I'd like to see another 'duo' character to replace the ice climbers. However, I'm sort of at a loss for who. The only one that comes to mind would be Neku from The World Ends With You, and in each match, he would randomly be assigned one of the three partners he had in game, Shiki, Joshua or Beat. The attacks would be the psychs he uses for attacks, and a final smash would be the partner's synch attack. However, since TWEWY characters are Square Enix's, it's doubtful that this could ever be an option. Unless Nintendo does what they did with Sonic or Solid Snake, opening the door to Square.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
He's only popular in Japan because the Fujoushi have latched onto him after he was essentially confirmed gay in Radiant Dawn.

...what? No he wasn't. -_-

If you're referring to Soren, having a close friend =/= gay.

Heather was confirmed gay, but not Ike.

Personally, I'd like to see another 'duo' character to replace the ice climbers. However, I'm sort of at a loss for who. The only one that comes to mind would be Neku from The World Ends With You, and in each match, he would randomly be assigned one of the three partners he had in game, Shiki, Joshua or Beat. The attacks would be the psychs he uses for attacks, and a final smash would be the partner's synch attack. However, since TWEWY characters are Square Enix's, it's doubtful that this could ever be an option. Unless Nintendo does what they did with Sonic or Solid Snake, opening the door to Square.

In Brawl's coding there were remnants of deleted characters, and among them was a file called Pra_Mai. It may refer to Plusle and Minun (their Japanese names). Some speculated they were team up like the Ice Climbers.

That would be pretty cool, but I wonder what Link would think? It might bring back bad memories for him!

But that was a different Link. :p

I imagined lightning and rain attacks... but he may be a bit big/too floaty to be a fighter. =/ So Waddle Dee is the most likely? Out of the four I listed anyways.

Probably, but I don't think Waddle Dee is even that likely.

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
So.. who is? Who are the most likely characters - from all series - to become new playables? =/ It seems very confusing, since whenever someone makes a suggestion, people tend to discredit it.

BTW - I never said ANYTHING about Link. @_@;

woot21

super noob
[So.. who is? Who are the most likely characters - from all series - to become new playables? =/ It seems very confusing, since whenever someone makes a suggestion, people tend to discredit it.
/QUOTE]As much I hate to say it Bowser Jr. for Mario. Adeline (lol) for Kirby, Funky Kong for DK, no one for Yoshi, Zorark/Victini for Pokemon, no one for Kid Icarus, IC, G&W, and R.O.B., maybe Jimmy T. for Wario, the new villain in SS (if anyone (unless the Dark Tribe is in it and it explains more Twili backstory and we see Midna again)) for Zelda, and that's all I can think of right now.

woot21 out dawgs

Blazios

Wait, why not Tingle for the Zelda series? He's popular outside of America and has had a couple of games of his own now.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Wait, why not Tingle for the Zelda series? He's popular outside of America and has had a couple of games of his own now.

Actually, Tingle is a good possibility, for the exact reasons you just stated. Plus it wouldn't be hard to come up with moves since he uses magic. I haven't played the Tingle games so I don't know if he has any viable moves in those games he could use.

Blazios

Actually, Tingle is a good possibility, for the exact reasons you just stated. Plus it wouldn't be hard to come up with moves since he uses magic. I haven't played the Tingle games so I don't know if he has any viable moves in those games he could use.

His method of fighting involves a cartoony dust cloud appearing, him and his enemy being drawn into it and him losing Rupees until the enemy dies or they run out.

It was a weird game.

[So.. who is? Who are the most likely characters - from all series - to become new playables? =/ It seems very confusing, since whenever someone makes a suggestion, people tend to discredit it.
As much I hate to say it Bowser Jr. for Mario. Adeline (lol) for Kirby, Funky Kong for DK, no one for Yoshi, Zorark/Victini for Pokemon, no one for Kid Icarus, IC, G&W, and R.O.B., maybe Jimmy T. for Wario, the new villain in SS (if anyone (unless the Dark Tribe is in it and it explains more Twili backstory and we see Midna again)) for Zelda, and that's all I can think of right now.

woot21 out dawgs

Couldn't there be Baby Mario for the Yoshi francise and K. Rool for the DK Francise?

woot21

super noob
Couldn't there be Baby Mario for the Yoshi francise and K. Rool for the DK Francise?
K. Rool seems to have been removed from the DK series. As for Baby Mario, he depends on Yoshi for movement, so that could be a problem.

woot21 out dawgs

Status
Not open for further replies.