• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Smash Bros. Thread (Read the First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I remember trying to play Brawl online. A whopping total of five times. The lag was absolutely horrible and made it unplayable.

Also got bored of it within two months after having known about every secret before the game was out, no thanks to Sakurai revealing everything on the website.

Pretty much this, im amazed at how many people actually get online to play, i've waited till all the rooms closed and still got not match.

Owell, 20$ towards B/W.

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
Loved Melee, played well even in some tournaments I was able to attend.:

Main: Ganondorf (Infinite Jump, Crowd control, and great poking ability.)

Brawl: Like it casually but competitively not so much:

Main: Marth.

on the discussion of what you want to see in future SSB games:

-Mewtwo back. Seriously just buff his move set and make him original (a fast heavy character with decent mid-bad smashes would be great)

I'd also like to see better choices for music tracks in some of the series. (Pokemon is one of the worst offenders in Brawl, no Rival /Final Battle remix, no Mewtwo Battle Theme or Pokemon Stadium like remix and mainly calmer songs just slighty more battle oriented? I am disapoint.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
You know that I like to analyze the game some.

According to my studious records, there are 316 specialized stickers, and 48 third party stickers (Metal Gear or Sonic).

Also, I have tried to discern the sound effects in Kirby's Copy Abilities.

Mario 1-3
DK 4-7
Link (Toon Link) 8-12
Samus 13-17
Yoshi 18-22
Fox 23-24
Pikachu 25-27
Luigi 28-30
C. Falcon 31-34
Ness 35-39
? 40
Bowser 41-43
Peach 44-45
Zelda 46-47
Sheik 48-50
Ice Climbers 51-53
Falco 54
Marth 55-58
Mr. Game&Watch 59-63
Ganondorf 64-67
Wario 68-71
Metaknight 72-84
Pit 85-87
Zero Suit Samus 88-91
Olimar 92-95
Lucas 96-100
Diddy 101-106
Charizard 107-108
Squirtle 109-113
Ivysaur 114-115
King Dedede 116-126
Lucario 127-135
Ike 136-146
ROB 147-150
Jigglypuff 151-157
Wolf 158
Snake 159-160
Sonic 161-166

I'm a melee purist so I don't like brawl at all and only still have my brawl disc for shenanigans. I still play melee and participate in tournaments and such when school isn't conflicting.

Melee Main: Falco

Melee Secondary: Doc

Shine combos for days.

woot21 out dawgs.

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Pretty much this, im amazed at how many people actually get online to play, i've waited till all the rooms closed and still got not match.

I found it pretty good, though I only started yesterday.

Reznor

Flame on...
I play Brawl on a regular basis. I'm in MLG and the game can get kinda nuts when against the top players. i do tournaments a lot here on the east coast so naturally i get lots of practice. last tournament being at Ohayocon in columbus several weeks ago.. next tournament i'll be at is in cincinatti Ohio at A&G Ohio for anyone interested.

Main: Diddy Kong
Second: Meta Knight
Third: Lucario
Anti-Meta Knight: Game & Watch

woot21

super noob
I play Brawl on a regular basis. I'm in MLG and the game can get kinda nuts when against the top players. i do tournaments a lot here on the east coast so naturally i get lots of practice. last tournament being at Ohayocon in columbus several weeks ago.. next tournament i'll be at is in cincinatti Ohio at A&G Ohio for anyone interested.

Main: Diddy Kong
Second: Meta Knight
Third: Lucario
Anti-Meta Knight: Game & Watch
Does the east coast still use items, or have they become "purist" too?

To the Melee "purist", we don't care about your hack. It's against the rules to discuss, so don't discuss it here, we want to keep this thread alive for more than a week.

woot21 out dawgs

Reznor

Flame on...

To the Melee "purist", we don't care about your hack. It's against the rules to discuss, so don't discuss it here, we want to keep this thread alive for more than a week.

woot21 out dawgs

some tournaments have, not all.. i personally don't mind items seeing as i play with diddy, whom spawns items..

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
Lucario...?

Lucario is not really heavy. Medium at best.

I'm talking Bowser heavy, anyone who's read his weight knows he should be around that heavy. Floatiness should be less influenced on him.

That's sort of the impression Pokemon games have always given. Also, having a different move set (or moves in general) from just AnimeMewtwo would be a must. He could even use a sword like smash (Psycho-cut)

woot21 out dawgs

I never said it was a hack, you did, but I'll be a nice guy and just remove that part from my post so you can stop hating. Using purist to define a hardcode Melee player that goes by tournament rules is incorrect, as purist means they would prefer everything about the games, including the items. Professional smash players generally don't prefer items and they're "purists" of the game.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I love how poeople say their the best at this Series but then when you play them, they alway go to Battlefeild and Final Destination, I mean, sure they are good there, but untill they can play good on all the levels with the Items on and win, they should stfu.

Skydra

I usually use Marth because he's somewhat quick and has good power and the countering move.

Zelda is my second used because of Din's Fire.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I love the series. Brawl is probably my favorite Wii game.

My mains are:

64 - Pikachu
Melee - Zelda, Mewtwo, Samus
Brawl - Zelda, Pit, Toon Link

I think online is really hit and miss. I haven't had many lag problems before, but stupid people pick Final Destination all the time, or even worse, Hyrule Temple.

Last edited:

Skydra

even worse, Hyrule Temple.

How? Its got plenty of room for battle, its interesting, good variety in surroundings...

Probably my favorite stage, at least in the Brawl GCN stages.

Spear Pillar is a pretty good stage, and of course its Pokemon themed. Its got good variety of stuff.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Anyone try this out in Brawl? Make a custom stage where there is one small normal block at the very top and 4 dropping blocks at the bottom. Play a giant-metal-heavy brawl on it using large charcters (Bowser, Donkey Kong, R.O.B., King Dedede).

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
I played for a good 3 months before other games took my time, now my skills are probably very rusty.

I like Brawl but I could have done without Link being nerfed big time in it. Now Toon Link is slowing becoming my main even though most of the people I play I can beat with Link using a few attacks. Its the good players that I can't use Link against because of his horrible recovery.

My favorite stage is Hyrule Castle because then the match lasts longer than say Final Destination where the stage is so small that the brawl doesn't last over 5 minutes if one plays a 10 lives match.

Status
Not open for further replies.