• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Smash Bros. Thread (Read the First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
RainbowDash4.jpg

That would really take up all the space from Wii U's storage limit.

I wonder how they made it with 480-something Pokemon in Pokemon Battle Revolution. Maybe they didn't have to go to big lenghts with each model?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It would, however, be crazy to think that such decisions are made solely based on hardware ability and memory size and that new hardware is itself a guarantee of such things.

They went overboard with Brawl by putting it into a dual layer disk. They have even more space to use and go wild. Oh, and before anyone says it, Masterpieces don't really take that much data. And no, I would hate to see those...things making a come back to show off the Wii U's capabilities.

"We managed to put Brawl into the same disc! As a bonus, we put the PREVIOUS two as well!"

Dattebayo

Banned
You like lag? I demand an explanation!

Well for one, it makes the battle challenging as it is. I mean, aren't you one of those hardcore gamers who like to play games with Nintendo Hard difficulty like Mega Man and Battletoads?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I wonder how they made it with 480-something Pokemon in Pokemon Battle Revolution. Maybe they didn't have to go to big lenghts with each model?

Each Pokemon also only had a few animations, like it's attacking animation and its fainting animation. Whereas in Brawl, characters have to have movement data, animations for each and every one of their attacks, animations for when they are hit, etc.

If characters are only given a few animations, it's easier to add in a lot of character models. But if animations are being carefully covered for each little detail, some data that could be used for more models has to be sacrificed.

Crazy_Possum

While the Wii U is going to be able to handle newer things that the Wii currently can't, I wonder how much the 3DS will be able to handle.

dragoniteKnight

Pose as a team
something tells me we have enough disc space for all the pokemon you can think of and more if you really want to, but the real question is WHY. i understand were on a pokemon forums, but does pokemon really deserve 200X more representation than every other franchise, even the mascot of the company itself? this is a nintendo fighting game, not a "Super pokemon real time battle revolution+ some extra characters"

(besides half the pokemon would be useless, whod want to play as seel?)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
something tells me we have enough disc space for all the pokemon you can think of and more if you really want to, but the real question is WHY. i understand were on a pokemon forums, but does pokemon really deserve 200X more representation than every other franchise, even the mascot of the company itself? this is a nintendo fighting game, not a "Super pokemon real time battle revolution+ some extra characters"

(besides half the pokemon would be useless, whod want to play as seel?)

That idea was actually a troll. Hell be damned if I play as a Magikarp.

woot21

super noob
Yes, it should - SSB isn't a Pokemon game but more a Nintendo game - ergo, it belongs in the Nintendo section. There's already a thread on SSB there, so I'll merge it with that one.
Could you possibly remove the redirect link from the Fen V forum?

I just realized something,

What if there won't be an SSB for the 3DS? What if it's all a hype? I mean, do we have any proof about this game yet? No, we don't.

Also, what about SSB for the Wii U? We have no proof on that either. It's not even in development yet.

I will be shocked if they are going to develop these games.

I think if they do this, then SSB 3DS probably won't come out until late 2012. And, the Wii U version probably won't come out until 2013.

I am just saying. I would love to see this happen as well.
You sir are either a troll, or believe that not will these games not sell due to too much variety, and that Crash will be in them, and that PeachIceClimbers is a horrible character.

All we really know about the game itself as of now (correct me if I'm wrong) is that it's going to be for the Wii U and 3DS, right? As I understand it, the mods are touchy about SSB threads; don't start flame wars, guys. Even big threads, such as the "Disturbing things in Pokemon" thread, can be closed. I'm personally hoping for Cthulu and Magus/Janus from Chrono Trigger to star in the next SSB, but I'm not going to start an argument about it.

More on topic, Spear Pillar, a specific place from the Pokemon games, was made into a stage for SSBB. What places in Unova could be made into stages?
Which is why I and other members have told people no roster speculation. Would like a mod to make this a rule until the games are announced beyond they will be made, but aren't in development yet.

woot21 out dawgs

Spire

soiya
Roster speculation would be alright if people didn't go crazy at what people suggest or can't resist calling the speculation idiotic but w/e its a forum and when the trailer happens the roster speculation will explode into flames wars regardless.
You do realise you're asking for the near impossible, right?

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
That's debatable after reading through the comments on what people think of Brawl.

Yes, because my opinions are a direct consequence of the opinions of others. I am not interested in what others thought of Brawl. All I am interested in is that it is my favourite of the Smash series.

Because all Melee starters made it to Brawl - and may prove theory of veteran characters staying the roster permanently if they first appeared in the series as starters, you can bet that those two will come back.

Oh, Dattebayo...

I'm not talking about Peach, nor am I talking about Ice Climbers. You were about in the old thread (some crap about May or something) so I'm offended you don't remember!

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I didn't bother to read the past pages but I'll assume that it's mainly about SSB4. I added another rule to the OP: Speculation for the new games are not allowed until more information is released. Even then, I think that it would get it's own thread once that happens.

Anyway, I will look forward to these new SSB4's, but there are honestly not that many new characters that I can think of that I would imagine warrant adding unless they start adding more 3rd party characters. I'd personally love to see Elzio from Assassin's Creed, but not counting the violence in his games (the Metal Gear Solid games were all rated M iirc), I'm not sure if the supposed restrictions that are placed on characters would severely limit the kind of weapons that he would have.

It would still be fun to watch as everything comes into place.

BCVM22

Krake, is it perhaps just a wee bit counterproductive to proclaim "no speculation" and then drop a "I'd love to see an Assassin's Creed character!" in there?

Spire

soiya
I'm actually interested in the "limit" placed onto a 3rd party character.

Snake is more recognisable for his Playstation-era work, and the Metal Gear games are fairly violent but I'm curious whether someone like Ryu Hayabusa, who is more recognisable for his NES-era work and whose modern-day games are a great deal more violent, could make it in.

(also there's the whole dead or alive thing which might count against him)

Last edited:

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
All I really want from the new Smash Bros is better online and voice chat.

woot21

super noob
Krake are you seriously suggesting that people might still read the first post? LOL

And getting people to stop any and all kind of speculation about the games? You may as well ask us to push a giant boulder up a steep slope. Or for me to not push for Jr. Troopa to be in SSB4. Come on man.

woot21 out dawgs

Matt36

Clone my Balls!

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Krake, is it perhaps just a wee bit counterproductive to proclaim "no speculation" and then drop a "I'd love to see an Assassin's Creed character!" in there?

Proclaiming a personal desire =/= speculation.

Krake are you seriously suggesting that people might still read the first post? LOL

And getting people to stop any and all kind of speculation about the games? You may as well ask us to push a giant boulder up a steep slope. Or for me to not push for Jr. Troopa to be in SSB4. Come on man.

woot21 out dawgs

That's kinda how it was for other threads. I remember a Sonic Generations thread not too recently made when there wasn't anything relating to gameplay or anything besides the teaser movie.

On the other hand, Super Smash Bros. is a series where speculation is very commonplace, so tell you what: speculation will be allowed, but rosters won't be, because if the old threads were any indication of anything, it's that rosters are a big reason why people flamed and argued with each other.

In other words, character speculation (as in individual characters), stage speculation, and speculation for other features are allowed, but not rosters for reasons that Crimsonash stated.

woot21

super noob
So what will be thing that causes insane speculation and over analysis of a tiny detail like the clouds in the "This World" update? That's right dawgs, I heard you like speculating so I put speculation in your speculation.

woot21 out dawgs

Status
Not open for further replies.