• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Smash Bros. Thread (Read the First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I hope they put Cloud from FF7 in SSB4.

woot21

super noob
Unless that was sarcastic, because I just realized that that was something else that I missed in the old threads.
Bingo.
Sakurai never said that. His translator did. What Sakurai said was something closer to "in the previous games, there is a character named Ness, who is similar to Lucas."
I thought he said "was similar", oh well, I was being sarcastic anyways.
[citation needed]
Melee was suppose to be his last Smash Bros., just like Brawl was. I mean it was suppose to be AND I QUOTE "the brawl to end them all!"
I wouldn't go so far as to say there would be that many characters, though. I'd say about 50, tops.
Only 50? But how we have room for Jr. Troopa, Jimmy T., Geno, Waluigi, Dimentio, the Koopa Bros., Mudkipz, and PeachIceClimbers?
NOOOOOOOO!

woot21 out dawgs

Last edited:

Rubicante

Banned
With Kid Icarus getting a new game, it's possible Magnus or Medusa could be playable characters in SSB4. It's no longer a dead franchise, after all. Jiro from The Rolling Western has a strong chance too, but that's a given. Nintendo loves free advertising. It's not like Nintendo would make him too similar to Sonic.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids

Ain't gonna happen. Cloud hasn't really appeared in any Nintendo games.

And Kingdom Hearts doesn't count because that is not his own franchise. On top of that, all of the Kingdom Hearts games released on Nintendo consoles are spinoffs of the main series, so they don't hold enough weight to warrant Cloud, or any of the other incredibly overrated teenage angst-ridden characters who appear for that matter, getting a spot.

That's the long reason. BCVM, woot, Blue Ralts, and Mudkip43 had the right ideas, too.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Only 50? But how we have room for Jr. Troopa, Jimmy T., Geno, Waluigi, Dimentio, the Koopa Bros., Mudkipz, and PeachIceClimbers?

You have my heart.

Oh, Jimmy T. speculation, oh how I have missed you. Also, if Waluigi were to be in the game, I would want it to be Brawl in the Family Waluigi.

Now, we will need two versions of Link, much like we did in Melee and Brawl. Now, we've already had Young Link and Toon Link, so we all know the only logical inclusion for SSBD.

Phillips CD-i Link

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
You have my heart.

Oh, Jimmy T. speculation, oh how I have missed you. Also, if Waluigi were to be in the game, I would want it to be Brawl in the Family Waluigi.

Now, we will need two versions of Link, much like we did in Melee and Brawl. Now, we've already had Young Link and Toon Link, so we all know the only logical inclusion for SSBD.

Phillips CD-i Link

My boy, this version of Link is what all true games strive for.

Spire

soiya
I'm interested to see how much they'll change up the returning characters.

I don't mean stuff like buffs/nerfs or "GIV GANONDURF HIS SORD LOLOILOL" but whether there's a move that should be replaced by something completely different.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I'm interested to see how much they'll change up the returning characters.

I don't mean stuff like buffs/nerfs or "GIV GANONDURF HIS SORD LOLOILOL" but whether there's a move that should be replaced by something completely different.

I do think they should actually give Ganondorf his own moveset. They made him a clone of Captain Falcon in Melee due to lack of time, but there was no reason to not give him his own moves in Brawl.

JD

Just give me Wolf Link as an alternate Link form like Sheik and the boy or girl from Animal Crossing and I'll be happy. Since Sakurai said that he wanted to implement a Capcom character does this mean Megaman will probably end up joining the fray

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Just give me Wolf Link as an alternate Link form like Sheik and the boy or girl from Animal Crossing and I'll be happy. Since Sakurai said that he wanted to implement a Capcom character does this mean Megaman will probably end up joining the fray

Maybe. Or it could be someone from Street Fighter, Resident Evil, or any of Capcom's other franchies.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Street Fighter maybe, but I doubt anything else is very likely. So yeah, basically Ryu or Mega Man.

ManhattanTheStarr

When it comes to the Pokemon characters, the most logical thing to happen, is that Lucario and Pokemon Trainer will be booted out. Seeing that Pikachu and Jigglypuff are staple characters, and will never be taken out of the SSB series. The best replacements for Lucario and Pokemon Trainer would be Zoroark and possibly one of the 3rd generation Pokemon trainers (since the inevitable remakes of R/S/E are bound to be out by the time SSB4 is released), and no 3rd generation Pokemon has ever been a playable fighter yet (which pisses me off >.>). If they do use Brendan or May, the starters could either be: Treecko, Marshtomp, and Blaziken, or Mudkip, Sceptile, and Combusken. I just couldn't see Torchic as a playable Pokemon. =/ Oh, and does anyone else find it kinda stupid (for the lack of a better word) that Lucario is the ONLY non-1st Generation Pokemon playable in Brawl? T_T

And obviously, none of the original 12 characters will be taken out. Them, and inevitably Peach, Zelda, and Bowser. The only characters I can think of that can be taken out is R.O.B (Jebus Chrismo, why was he/it even in Brawl?), Toon Link (even though I love him), and I'm not sure about Sonic and Snake since they kinda revolutionized SSB by being the first non-Nintendo characters to be in it. But I'd LOVE for them to be taken out. xD

Jeez, speculating can be so fun...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.