• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Smash Bros. Thread (Read the First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dattebayo

Banned

My only explanation to that video is that those opponents aren't good players because an expert Fox player will completely kill a Mewtwo player without breaking a sweat.

And Jigglypuff's battling style could be considered "mediocre" as well, but all the floating she can do, added with her amazing midair attacks makes her an amazing character to use. I've fought a guy who beat the crap outta me with Jigglypuff. T^T

Jigglypuff is manly, not mediocre. You didn't play the game like a man resulting in you getting beatened by the manliest character of all time.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
My only explanation to that video is that those opponents aren't good players because an expert Fox player will completely kill a Mewtwo player without breaking a sweat.

Despite popular belief, Melee Fox is EXTREMELY hard to master. Hence why despite being #1 on the tier list, very few tournaments are actually won by a player using Fox.

Dattebayo

Banned
Despite popular belief, Melee Fox is EXTREMELY hard to master. Hence why despite being #1 on the tier list, very few tournaments are actually won by a player using Fox.

So which character usually wins in tournaments? Falco? Marth? Sheik? Jigglypuff?

ParaChomp

be your own guru
After watching that video, I want Mewtwo back for the next Smash, only this time with better B moves.

Dattebayo

Banned
I can imagine Psystrike being his final smash, while two of his rebooted B moves will be an actual Pokemon move and an original move like Pikachu's standard B move, thunder jolt, just so he can keep the 4-moveset logic in his series.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
I'm somewhat worried that the 3DS won't be able to handle SSB's general chaos without having quite a few technical problems. Definitely an unfounded concern, but still. I don't want any slowdown in my portable party game, dammit! >:V

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
So which character usually wins in tournaments? Falco? Marth? Sheik? Jigglypuff?

Generally Marth, Falco and Sheik, yes. Not too sure about Jigglypuff though. The problem with Fox is he's too technical.

woot21

super noob
Generally Marth, Falco and Sheik, yes. Not too sure about Jigglypuff though. The problem with Fox is he's too technical.
So Fox isn't D throw, waveshine, waveshine, waveshine, blaster spam, smash for kill?

As for Olimar, Diddy, R.O.B., etc. getting the boot. Not going to happen. R.O.B. was one of Brawl's retro characters, Pikmin 3 is going to be out around the same time as SSB4, and Diddy is the only other playable Kong in DKCR. Keep trying.

woot21 out dawgs

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Can't we all just assume that every character from the last games are going to be in SSB4 until further notice? I can understand that Lucario might be replaced by a 5th generation Pokemon, but seriously, they're not going to take out characters for the sake of taking them out.

[aka]

What about Victini? It seems the most...fight-y of the cute legendaries.

Spire

soiya
[aka];12733904 said:
What about Victini? It seems the most...fight-y of the cute legendaries.
I've always thought that Zoroark might not make it in due to Illusion; his main gimmick is pretending to be another Pokémon, which ruins the impact of him.

Victini would be fun. B could be Searing Shot and his Final Smash could be V-Create or something.

Zalman

Master of Puppets
I want them to keep all the characters, music, stages - EVERYTHING from Brawl and add more to it.

As for characters, Waluigi has to be playable. It surprises me he isn't in Brawl. Daisy could be in it too, as long as she isn't a Peach clone.

Rubicante

Banned

Jigglypuff is manly, not mediocre. You didn't play the game like a man resulting in you getting beatened by the manliest character of all time.
What are you talking about? Jigglypuff was made so weak in Brawl. It's a travesty, really. They weakened her Rest attack so much, and it makes me sad and discouraged to get good with her. They could've made up for it by making her slightly faster.
After watching that video, I want Mewtwo back for the next Smash, only this time with better B moves.
Mewtwo would be great to see again, actually. I'm hoping the 3DS and Wii-U games are different enough, and that Mewtwo makes it in at least one or the other.
I'm somewhat worried that the 3DS won't be able to handle SSB's general chaos without having quite a few technical problems. Definitely an unfounded concern, but still. I don't want any slowdown in my portable party game, dammit! >:V
Man, Brawl's Wi-Fi was a problem, isn't it? Nobody was ever online for brawls. I hope they fix the matchmaking feature and just make it like how it works in Mario Kart Wii. I'd love that. You know, now that there's the Wii-U...we can have even more mayhem with 5 characters at a time! Just with no way to balance out teams in Team Brawl, sadly.

Also, I heard somebody say something about Super Smash Bros. Clash. I'm putting my bet in for that as the name, too. I did a year ago.

JD

I agree as much as I want Zoroark to be in the next game she most likely wont be due to her illusion gimmick. If she's not in to represent Black and White I really don't know who else could unless they just bring back Lucario or Mewtwo. You know I really want Luigi to incorporate the Poltergust 3000 into his moveset you know how Mario got F.L.U.D.D in Brawl? If Animal Crosser gets in they'd probably end up using like the Umbrella, Axe, Shovel and some other attack.

Dattebayo

Banned
Well considering that we may expect 5-6 reps for each series and how we always get two new Pokemon reps, they may bring back Mewtwo, since Lucario as finished his job, with an addition to two new reps in the series. Sakurai may find a way to use Zoroark's Illusion ability just like how he added more detail to Lucario's Aura ability.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Well considering that we may expect 5-6 reps for each series and how we always get two new Pokemon reps, they may bring back Mewtwo, since Lucario as finished his job, with an addition to two new reps in the series. Sakurai may find a way to use Zoroark's Illusion ability just like how he added more detail to Lucario's Aura ability.

I wouldn't say that every series get's 5-6 reps. Remember that there are still series like Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, Kid Icarus (although the new games could mean that there might be a new character or two), R.O.B., and others that only have a few suitable characters. Hell, many of them only have one suitable character.

Also, I really don't think any characters from Animal Crossing will be in SSB4. I just don't think they would be considering how non-violent the franchise is unless the 3DS game allows you to beat up your neighbors or something.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Also, I really don't think any characters from Animal Crossing will be in SSB4. I just don't think they would be considering how non-violent the franchise is unless the 3DS game allows you to beat up your neighbors or something.

Well, you can always follow people around and hit them with a shovel. :p

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Also, I heard somebody say something about Super Smash Bros. Clash. I'm putting my bet in for that as the name, too. I did a year ago.

I meant that as a joke!

It wasn't meant to be serious!

Status
Not open for further replies.