• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Smash Bros. Thread (Read the First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Don't forget about Marth's girlfriend, Caeda. She could use her pegasus and be another flying character.

I don't think she's important enough to get in. Besides, I find it hard to imagine a mounted character in Smash Bros.

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
And Metroid doesn't have many, but Ridley is definitely possible. Or Anthony if they end up making him a more prominent character in future titles.

Omega Metroid.

Anyway, here's Ridley's old FS I came up with (since someone sorta asked):

Final Smash: Guard Statue - When activated, Ridley roars. In the background you will see Space Pirates carrying in the Tourian Guard Statue from Super Metroid. Ridley flies to the top of the stage, while Draygon appears to the right, Phantoon towards the bottom, and Kraid at the left. They will each fire attacks at the statue, corresponding to their fighting styles in Super Metroid. The attacks will damage players, however not very much as opposed to most FS's. Then, the eyes on each character of the statue bust open with the spirits flying out, and the spirits then assemble together and slow the pace of the fight to slower than that of the Timer's effects. Ridley then pulls out a Bombu, and crashes onto the stage, Bombu first, splitting it, causing a huge explosion as if he split an atom. The explosion acts the same as Raikou in Melee, with a bit more power. The other guardians disappear, and the fight continues

The new one is MUCH better, don't you think? I mean, come on! This old one is a half-ripoff of other FSes and it also is rather unfitting for a Metroid Final Smash (and it's kind of ridiculous).

And now for Crash's Snake Codec (remember, this was and still is a joke):

Snake: Mei Ling, there's a...very strange rodent here, spinning around almost faster than Meta Knight...
Mei Ling: That's Crash Bandicoot, Snake. He is known for spinning at ultra-fast speeds to defeat his enemies.
Snake: ...He looks like a defective koala bear.
Mei Ling: Maybe, but you should be careful when around him. He can pack a mighty punch, which is another attack he can do.
Snake: Where exactly did he come from?
Mei Ling: He was once a recognized video game character with a catchy theme song, but later became unknown and forgotten. That's why Naughty Dog paid Nintendo to put him in, so he could get more attention.
Snake: ...You sure it's working?

I said Bowser Jr because in Melee the MArio frnacise had 5 people and in Brawl it had four. I just thought that BJ could of used to fill up a spot left by the doc.

I mainly want Baloon Fighter in SB4.

Melee has Ice Climbers and Brawl had Pit so why not...

TicoPokemonMaster

It kind of sad that Ice Climbers haven't been able to make a comback ( an individual IP game) and Pit came into the fray in Brawl and now he has is own game coming up.

It kind of sad that Ice Climbers haven't been able to make a comback ( an individual IP game) and Pit came into the fray in Brawl and now he has is own game coming up.

I would love a new Ice Clibers game...

Hopefully they return to the fourth one along with Diddy, Dedede, Lucas, Wolf, Ike and Olimar

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Ice Climber is a simple "Race to the Summit" game, not unlike Excitebike and Pro-Am Racing. There's little for the Ice Climbers to expand upon without becoming a carbon copy of its original conception.

TicoPokemonMaster

Ice Climber is a simple "Race to the Summit" game, not unlike Excitebike and Pro-Am Racing. There's little for the Ice Climbers to expand upon without becoming a carbon copy of its original conception.

I was just saying, never was really an ice climber fan and only learned about nana and the other one from Melee.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
The only reason the Ice Climbers were included was because Sakurai wanted a representative from old-school Nintendo. IIRC, Balloon Fighter was also considered for the position. So it's not so much "Ice Climber" series, as it is "Old Nintendo" series. So I doubt we'll see a new Ice Climbers game.

Dattebayo

Banned
Also, Sakurai mentioned Ridley will be difficult to turn into a playable character according to one of the interviews on Nintendo Power.

Spire

soiya
I'd personally like to see at least one Golden Sun character, and a Fire Emblem character who isn't a sword user (Since we've got plenty enough of those as it is).
NEW CHALLENGER: ISSAC
NEW CHALLENGER: HECTOR

I'd prefer those two over anyone else from those series.

Rubicante

Banned

It's a shame FE6/7 is no longer relevant. He's the only axe lord and axe is my favourite weapon type. Oh well. Maybe, just maybe, Micaiah has a chance. But good grief, the new Fire Emblem remake still hasn't come out yet, and it's been years since they've came out with an entirely new Fire Emblem with a new story. *sighs*

Well, maybe the Sonic and Metal Gear series will get an extra assist trophy each if they aren't just guest characters for Brawl.

ManhattanTheStarr

The only new Mario characters I could see getting in is Bowser Jr. and Waluigi. But that would make 6 Mario characters playable (isn't that more than enough?). So if Assist Trophies make a return (and I'm sure they will), Waluigi can just stay as an AT, I wouldn't mind. As long as he isn't just a stupid trophy, it's all good. :>

For the DK series, Dixie Kong definitely needs to become a fighter. She's been around since the DKC days, so I don't see why she didn't get into Brawl.

And speaking of Old-School Nintendo characters, I don't see why the Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch aren't put into the same fighter category. Balloon Fighter should also get in, as I can actually see him as a good fighter.

Blazios

But good grief, the new Fire Emblem remake still hasn't come out yet

With the train wreck that was Shadow Dragon's sales, do you really think they're ever going to release its sequel abroad?

Besides, Soren should get the place of non sword user. He has enough variety, with 3 types of offensive magic, staves and knives to use...

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

Oh yeah, I forgot about Hector. So that's one more non-sword lord. But I don't think he has a very good chance of getting in.

For the DK series, Dixie Kong definitely needs to become a fighter. She's been around since the DKC days, so I don't see why she didn't get into Brawl.

There is unfinished code in Brawl for her, so it's possible they were considering Dixie at one point.

And speaking of Old-School Nintendo characters, I don't see why the Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch aren't put into the same fighter category. Balloon Fighter should also get in, as I can actually see him as a good fighter.

Well, because Ice Climbers represent the NES era. The Game and Watch series wasn't really a part of that.

woot21

super noob
I'd prefer King K. Rool over Dixie for a new DK rep. I'd also prefer certain Kongs, such as Lanky or Tiny, over Dixie as well. Though that might just be me.

woot21 out dawgs

Does anyone remember all of the unfunushed codes?

I had forgotten about Dixie but, I only remember Plusle + Minun, Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik. Were there any others?

I'm hoping for some more heavy characters such a K Rool, Omega Metroid or something of that nature.

How many characters do y'all think will be in this one? I would say somewhere between 43-48.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
@Bridge

Meowth and Mewtwo (If I remember correctly) also had unfinished codes.

Klatias

Left. Bye.
I want this characters into the new SSB:
Dixie Kong
Roy
Bowser Jr.
Shadow
Zoroark
Poliwhrath (He can maybe confuse oppenents)

Dattebayo

Banned
^ That reminds me, Poliwhirl is Satoshi's favorite Pokemon, yet he wasn't added in the original game as a playable character to promote the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.