• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Smash Bros. Thread (Read the First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
With the train wreck that was Shadow Dragon's sales, do you really think they're ever going to release its sequel abroad?
Shame too, since it fixed all the problems with Shadow Dragon. Then again, they might just release it similar to how it was released in Japan, with very little notice. I believe FE12 was announced in May-ish, and then released in July.
Besides, Soren should get the place of non sword user. He has enough variety, with 3 types of offensive magic, staves and knives to use...
Oh my god, so much want.
Does anyone remember all of the unfunushed codes?

I had forgotten about Dixie but, I only remember Plusle + Minun, Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik. Were there any others?
It was PRAMAI, DIXIE, TOON ZELDA, Mewtwo, and Roy. Mewtwo and Roy are most likely just leftover data from Melee, but the other three were probably intended to be in at some point.
^ That reminds me, Poliwhirl is Satoshi's favorite Pokemon, yet he wasn't added in the original game as a playable character to promote the series.
Because he had a popularity problem, i.e., he had no popularity. Only person who seems to like him is Tajiri.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
It was PRAMAI, DIXIE, TOON ZELDA, Mewtwo, and Roy. Mewtwo and Roy are most likely just leftover data from Melee, but the other three were probably intended to be in at some point.

The full list is:
-Dixie
-Toon Zelda
-Toon Sheik (yes, really)
-Mewtwo
-Roy
-Dr. Mario
-Pra_Mai

Pra_Mai are often assumed to be Plusle and Minun, although some speculate it means random.

I've always wondered why they would import Mewtwo, Roy and Dr. Mario and not Young Link and Pichu. If they had imported from melee, shouldn't those files be somewhere?

woot21

super noob
I want this characters into the new SSB:
Dixie Kong
Roy
Bowser Jr.
Shadow
Zoroark
Poliwhrath (He can maybe confuse oppenents)
Two things, one, it should be these, not this. Two NOOOOOOOOOOOO, NOOOOOOOOOO, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! To the bolded one.

woot21 out dawgs

ManhattanTheStarr

We really don't need any more SEGA or Sony (or should I say Playstation?) characters. Snake and Sonic are enough, but I'm still hoping for them to get booted out in SSB4. Probably won't happen, though. D:

Also, Plusle and Minun sounds like a good idea for fighters... o: Too bad we already have the Ice Climbers. :p The "two fighters in one" idea is already taken. =/

PokemonOwn

^ Maybe not. Sonic was really overpowered in Brawl, with his FS.

Well, any new Assist Trophies? I need another Animal Crossing one! Nook, perhaps?

Clamps

You actually play with Final Smashes on? Ew. I'm hoping they take them out, or at least balance them. Some can get you a guaranteed 2 kills (Friggin Landmasters), but others are so useless you'll be lucky to do anything at all (Marth's, Zero Suit Samus's, Mario's).

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
We really don't need any more SEGA or Sony (or should I say Playstation?) characters. Snake and Sonic are enough, but I'm still hoping for them to get booted out in SSB4. Probably won't happen, though. D:

Also, Plusle and Minun sounds like a good idea for fighters... o: Too bad we already have the Ice Climbers. :p The "two fighters in one" idea is already taken. =/

Snake is Konami, not Sony.

Well, any new Assist Trophies? I need another Animal Crossing one! Nook, perhaps?

Yeah, I definately would like more Assist Trophies. Before Brawl was released, they made it sound like there would be dozens and dozens of them. I was disapointed to find out there were less ATs than fighters. :/

Whats wrong with Final Smashes?

Alot of them are cheap.

I balance it on whether I use them or not but, I hope they are removed...

Rubicante

Banned

I wouldn't mind if they got booted out from SSB4. However, it's interesting to note the attention they've been getting with Nintendo lately. All the Mario vs Sonic at the Olympic games seem to suggest their rivalry is strong as ever. Also, Yoshi is confirmed to play a part in the Metal Gear Solid remake for the 3DS. I kid you not. I was sad when Pichu and Roy were removed, but I got over it.

How about we make K.K. Slider an assist trophy? He doesn't appear on the Smashville stage though if you use an assist trophy at a time he'd be playing his song on stage. He'd just appear and start strumming away, and the song on the stage would sing. He'd be invincible until he disappeared. Or, when he appears he could play a quick ditty and leave behind a CD.

If Micaiah doesn't get in, Sothe has no chance. He wasn't an important character in Path of Radiance, and in Radiant Dawn, he's an important character, but the focus isn't on him. I'd love to see him as an Assist Trophy though. He could sometimes just stab with his dagger or throw knives at the opponents.
Snake is Konami, not Sony.

Yeah, I definately would like more Assist Trophies. Before Brawl was released, they made it sound like there would be dozens and dozens of them. I was disapointed to find out there were less ATs than fighters. :/
I definitely would love more Pokéball Pokémon and Assist Trophies. Maybe somewhere around 80 for Pokémon and 60 for Assist Trophies? That way, it never gets old.

Dattebayo

Banned
Alot of them are cheap.

They can't, Sakurai wanted to have them included in the game since Melee.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Alot of them are cheap.

Removed?? God, I hope not. That was fun as hell. Turn them off if you don't like them.

And besides, Sakurai said he was going to have Final Smashes in the original N64 game. There's even some sound files of them still left in, such as Ness yelling "PK Starstorm!"

Blazios

I don't mind having Final Smashes in the next game, I just hope they decide to balance them this time, rather than having ones that can get multiple KOs like Landmaster and ones that are lucky to score a single hit, never mind getting near a KO, like Palutena's Army.

Last edited:

Clamps

So turn Smash Balls off.

Exactly. It just doesn't matter if they're added or not, you can always turn them off. Otherwise, it would probably be too gimmicky.

Just because we don't like how it's carried out doesn't mean we don't like the concept. That's why we suggested rebalancing them, so that half aren't complete garbage, and the other half aren't so broken you can win based on Final Smashes alone.

Spire

soiya
Final Smashes are fine, but the problem with them is that they're implemented into the balancing of the characters (for example, Meta-Knight has a bad FS but incredible everything else whereas Sonic has bad to average regular moves but the best FS in the game.)

Implementing game balance into an optional item seems a bit off to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.