• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Smash Bros. Thread (Read the First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Final Smashes are fine, but the problem with them is that they're implemented into the balancing of the characters (for example, Meta-Knight has a bad FS but incredible everything else whereas Sonic has bad to average regular moves but the best FS in the game.)

Implementing game balance into an optional item seems a bit off to me.

Falco's Landmaster is better. And they have no idea how good a character will be until the game comes out and the metagame starts developing.

Besides, Jigglypuff's terrible Final Smash and terrible everything else in Brawl pokes a hole in your theory.

Vipsoccermaster

Falco's Landmaster is better. And they have no idea how good a character will be until the game comes out and the metagame starts developing.

Besides, Jigglypuff's terrible Final Smash and terrible everything else in Brawl pokes a hole in your theory.

Especially since it's almost completely unavoidable on small stages such as Smashville, Battlefield, and Final Destination.

Clamps

Especially since it's almost completely unavoidable on small stages such as Smashville, Battlefield, and Final Destination.

Yeah, it works on about 4 stages. But on stages larger than just three platforms, it's terrible.

FieryLucario

Just a Person
I got a question, do you think it's cheating to keep using Pikachu's thunderbolt over and over? and yes, Jigglypuff does suck, the only thing useful is its punch and its roll (if you can get it to work, wich I never can)

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
I got a question, do you think it's cheating to keep using Pikachu's thunderbolt over and over? and yes, Jigglypuff does suck, the only thing useful is its punch and its roll (if you can get it to work, wich I never can)

Nope. It's rather easy to dodge and counter right after, and Meta Knight is much more cheap in terms of spamming.

TicoPokemonMaster

For the DK series, Dixie Kong definitely needs to become a fighter. She's been around since the DKC days, so I don't see why she didn't get into Brawl.

Dixie Kong seems to be falling the fate of Kiddy Kong and Chunky Kong, she is featured less and less.

Plus Funky Kong seems like a more suitable fighter, he could be to DK like what Luigi is to Mario and Fox and Falcon. Similar move sets with only a few different moves to set them apart.

Mankanshoku Mako

Dixie Kong seems to be falling the fate of Kiddy Kong and Chunky Kong, she is featured less and less.

Plus Funky Kong seems like a more suitable fighter, he could be to DK like what Luigi is to Mario and Fox and Falcon. Similar move sets with only a few different moves to set them apart.
You're requesting clones?
I got a question, do you think it's cheating to keep using Pikachu's thunderbolt over and over?
"Cheating"? Of course not, but "cheap"? Without a doubt.
and yes, Jigglypuff does suck, the only thing useful is its punch and its roll (if you can get it to work, wich I never can)
That's because you're a noob.

Spire

soiya
Something else I would like to see would be unlockable alternate costumes, in the vein of the two Wario outfits in Brawl.

For example, a Dr. Mario outfit, which replaces fireballs with Megavitamins, the cape with the Super Sheet, and generally makes him act like his Melee counterpart minus the slight stat changes.

Vipsoccermaster

I got a question, do you think it's cheating to keep using Pikachu's thunderbolt over and over? and yes, Jigglypuff does suck, the only thing useful is its punch and its roll (if you can get it to work, which I never can)

I wouldn't call it cheating, but spam, yes, as the previous posters said. It's definitely spam if you're doing it during an online match.

[aka]

Something else I would like to see would be unlockable alternate costumes, in the vein of the two Wario outfits in Brawl.

For example, a Dr. Mario outfit, which replaces fireballs with Megavitamins, the cape with the Super Sheet, and generally makes him act like his Melee counterpart minus the slight stat changes.
Yes.
I've been thinking about this for a while, and I believe this would easily be possible, especially considering the power of the Wii U and 3DS.

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
Hey, this is just like how my ideas were treated in that other thread! Totally ignored.

I understand that many people here were there to read my ideas back then, so I can understand those guys overlooking them (why read the same thing again?), but there are plenty of fresh faces now!

So far, the only difference between this thread and that thread at this point is that the other thread is a literary masterpiece, with an epic beginning and tragic ending. This one isn't bad, but... well, you can't beat the classics!

You're requesting clones?

You're calling Luigi and Falco clones?

At this point in time?

Clamps

While they're not complete clones, they do function somewhat similalarly (moreso with Falco and Fox). I'd prefer characters were as different and defined as possible

I agree. Charizard should get kicked out because he shares a B move with Bowser. And I really don't like how Lucario is a clone of Marth, because they have a similar vB move. Hell, let's get rid of Jigglypuff, Metaknight, Pit, and Dedede because they all have Kirby's jump!

And while we're at it, lets kick out Peach and Diddy Kong because they both spawn an item with their vB moves. THAT WAS LINK'S SHTICK SAKURAI, YOU LAZY BASTARD!

Mankanshoku Mako

I agree. Charizard should get kicked out because he shares a B move with Bowser. And I really don't like how Lucario is a clone of Marth, because they have a similar vB move. Hell, let's get rid of Jigglypuff, Metaknight, Pit, and Dedede because they all have Kirby's jump!

And while we're at it, lets kick out Peach and Diddy Kong because they both spawn an item with their vB moves. THAT WAS LINK'S SHTICK SAKURAI, YOU LAZY BASTARD!

A simple one-move edit would more than suffice...

Clamps

I think your sarcasm detector is broken, bro.

Hey, this is just like how my ideas were treated in that other thread! Totally ignored.

I understand that many people here were there to read my ideas back then, so I can understand those guys overlooking them (why read the same thing again?), but there are plenty of fresh faces now!

So far, the only difference between this thread and that thread at this point is that the other thread is a literary masterpiece, with an epic beginning and tragic ending. This one isn't bad, but... well, you can't beat the classics!

We ignore your ideas because you say the same stuff over and over again. Just saiyan.

Last edited:

woot21

super noob
Just saiyan.
This gives me an idea. A terrifically wonderful idea.

TFS DBZA VEGETA FOR SSBD!!!!1!!!1!!!1!!!!

Barring that LittleKurbioh's version of Seto Freakin' Kabia would work too, or just give us Ghost Nappa/Nappa.
Get rid of Zelda too, she has fire balls like Mario. Don't forget DK and Samus having chargeable neutral Bs. So lazy. And what about Squirtle's Water Gun, same thing as Mario's F.L.U.D.D. You know Mario's a clone of a bunch of character's a Frakenclone, if you will. Kick him out too.

Or were you expecting serious discussion?

woot21 out dawgs

Rubicante

Banned
This gives me an idea. A terrifically wonderful idea.

TFS DBZA VEGETA FOR SSBD!!!!1!!!1!!!1!!!!

Barring that LittleKurbioh's version of Seto Freakin' Kabia would work too, or just give us Ghost Nappa/Nappa.
Get rid of Zelda too, she has fire balls like Mario. Don't forget DK and Samus having chargeable neutral Bs. So lazy. And what about Squirtle's Water Gun, same thing as Mario's F.L.U.D.D. You know Mario's a clone of a bunch of character's a Frakenclone, if you will. Kick him out too.

Or were you expecting serious discussion?

woot21 out dawgs

Jigglypuff looks like a girlier Kirby, it's a total rip-off. Sakurai should sue.

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
We ignore your ideas because you say the same stuff over and over again. Just saiyan.

Yeah...

I understand that many people here were
there to read my ideas back then, so I can
understand those guys overlooking them
(why read the same thing again?), but there
are plenty of fresh faces now!

Kinda went over that already.

woot21

super noob
Quad-posting sort of helps prove his point about posting the same stuff over and over.

Jigglypuff looks like a girlier Kirby, it's a total rip-off. Sakurai should sue.
They should get rid of Kirby too. He copies other people's B move. What a clone.

As for real discussions, what games, that aren't Pokemon B/W, SMG(2), DKCR, Kirby Wii, etc. (the obvious ones) do you want to see represented by a stage? Personally I want Ballon Fight, Golden Sun (any of the 3), and Yoshi's Cookie stages.

woot21 out dawgs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.