• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Smash Bros. Thread (Read the First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth.

gameboy350

Back from the depths
I don't get the whole "PLAYING WITH THE WIIMOTE AND NUNCHUCK IN BRAWL SUCKS!"
I use wiimote and nunchuck, and im pretty good.
Anyway.........
Phoenix wright should be a assist trophy.
If any projectile hits him, he says OBJECTION! , then shouts TAKE THAT! and deals 20 damage to the person who launched the projectile (With a good amount of knock-back)
Also, Geno better be a character. Or I will use my final smash. In Nintendo headquarters. While everybody is working.

woot21

super noob
You forgot that the Ice Climbers' Side B involves spinning like Bowser's Up B and that Mr. Game and Watch and Peach are clones of each other because their Up Bs both involve going high into the air then floating down. So yeah, just Pikachu.
And Pikachu has the same side B as Luigi. Good bye Pikachu. So that leaves us with... a grand total of... no one. All right all clones removed guys, mission accomplished, let's pack it up and head home.
Yes, that would be cool, but it may pale in comparison now that we have Mushroomy Kingdom. How do you beat a desert like that? Unless it was an Old West town, in which its only real competition is possibly Pokémon Stadium 2, which isn't that big of a deal.
With a shoot out happening in the background that can cause stage elements to break and damage fighters. Hell yeah!
and I figured I'd think of some tracks I'd like to see in the next game
I'd like to share some too.

Koopa Bros. Theme
Koopa Bros. Battle
Hey You! (Jr. Troopa battle theme)
Rival Battle from R/B
Anything from SMG/2
Any of the redone classic DKC songs from DCKR
Ode to Minions (from BitF)
You're a Mean One Dedede

And since we are suggesting nonsense characters again, Richard from LFG. FOR PONY!!!!

woot21 out dawgs

Last edited:

Clamps

And Pikachu has the same side B as Luigi. Good bye Pikachu. So that leaves us with... a grand total of... no one. All right all clones removed guys, mission accomplished, let's pack it up and head home.

woot21 out dawgs

Luigi already got taken out due to being a clone of Mario, so him sharing a side B with Pikachu is irrelevant.

woot21

super noob
Luigi already got taken out due to being a clone of Mario, so him sharing a side B with Pikachu is irrelevant.
Except this isn't done in stages, as our thinking has been. This all would happen simultaneously, so it is relevant.

woot21 out dawgs

They better god damn put Gusty Garden track in Smash Bros. 4. I'm sure they're aware of how popular it is (hence being in like practically every level, including the final one, in SMG2)

Clamps

Except this isn't done in stages, as our thinking has been. This all would happen simultaneously, so it is relevant.

woot21 out dawgs

Well hell then, lets take out Mario too, he and Luigi were introduced in the same game, so who's to say which one is really the original?

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Well hell then, lets take out Mario too, he and Luigi were introduced in the same game, so who's to say which one is really the original?

Not really.

Mario='81
Luigi='85

Though Mario was Jumpman then...

woot21

super noob
Mario was gone a while ago, due to fire balls and F.L.U.D.D. Oh we do have one character left actually. May I present you with the ultimate Smasher Bros. character, drumroll please....... *drum rolls by* Really, we make that joke. *sigh* The ultimate Smasher is, the one, the only, the non-cloney, Ivysaur!!! Tether recoveries don't count as clone moves.

woot21 out dawgs

Clamps

Ivysaur? Totally OK with this.

[aka]

You know I'm probably going to get flamed for this but I'd like Hilda or Hilbert to join Red as a new Pokemon Trainer in SSB4. Using Snivy, Dewott and Emboar with the movesets being the following.

Snivy
Standard Special Move: Light Screen, Snivy creates a yellow barrier around itself and reflects all projectiles. Such as Fox,Wolf, and Falco's blaster Mario's Fire Ball, Pikachu's Thundershock ect... The barrier can be shattered if it by a physical move while Light Screen is up.

Up Special Move: Aerial Ace,I was actually thinking what Snivy's up special move could be. I was actually thinking something like Aerial Ace would be cool it could be like Lucario's Extremespeed but it would cause damage upon contact. You would be able to choose what direction you want to go with Aerial Ace. Or it could be like Ivysaur and use Vine Whip as an up special move.

Side Special Move: Leaf Tornado, Snivy spins on it back and causes a Tornado made of leaves you can also release it and cause the tornado to slide across the arena for a short distance. It would probably be similar to
Meta Knights Mach Tornado.

Dewott
Standard Special Move: Water Pulse, Dewott charges a blue orb of water and fires it at the opponent. If the orb is charged long enough it can daze or confuse the opponent temporarily like Water Pulse does in the actually games.

Up Special Move: Aqua Jet, Dewott propels itself up into the air with a jet of Water like Snivy's Aerial Ace the direction of the move can be directed. It causes damage upon contact the downside is while using Aqua Jet Dewott is not able to stop unless attacked.

Side Special Move: Razor Shell, Dewott's scalchop glows and it slashes the opponent similar to Marth's dancing blade attack. Dewott can also throw the shells as a projectile but opponents are able to grab the shells and throw them back at Dewott in order to attack.

Emboar
Standard Special Move: Hammer Arm, Emboar's fist glow and it launches foward with an extremely powerful punch. If the punch is not being charged up it actually smacks the opponent into the ground with an overhead strike like DK's Headbutt.

Side Special Move: Nitro Charge, Emboar stomps on the ground and charges at the opponents covered in flames if anyone remembers Fox's Fire Fox attack from Melee it would be like that but slower. And it would not be able to be launched to go into the air.

Up Special Move: Heavy Bomber, Emboar jumps up into the air and falls back down with it's arm out sort of like a Body Slam. The lighter the opponent is the more damage the attack does so if the move is used on Kirby or Pikachu the move does a lot of damage especially if falling from high altitudes.

They all share the same down special move Pokemon Change.
Will you marry me? I love that set. It's (almost) perfect. I don't really like Light Screen, though. Other than that, those are the three Pokémon I have chosen.

Well I never heard of that I just heard he was popular in Japan but whatever. Anyway I was thinking of a list of possible capcom characters that could get in or possibly have a chance of getting in.
1) Megaman
2) Ryu
3) Viewtiful Joe
4) Chris Redfield
5) Phoenix Wright
What do you guys think?
I agree with those for the most part--however, I would prefer if Joe were playable. I kinda feel like Megaman would play too much like Samus (but lighter); I think Joe's just a better fit (especially since he was part of the Capcom Five).

Last edited:

Clamps

[aka];12784371 said:
I kinda feel like Megaman would play too much like Samus (but lighter)

I wish I could hate you out of existence.

[aka]

I wish I could hate you out of existence.
Because I have a point or because you're a bad person?

Actually, I misspoke. I don't think Megaman would play like Samus, just that they would be similar in that they would both have a cannon attack as their main special as well as a variety of other tricks up their speed. I mean, Megaman has years of content they could draw from. It'd be interesting to see how he would be implemented.

Clamps

That's better. Not by much, but better.

Spire

soiya
Ideally the Pokémon Change command would be on a taunt button so we could have 4 special moves. That would make for a good improvement.

Another (less plausible) improvement could be to disable that taunt when you select an individual Pokémon on the character select screen, and disable the stamina system along with it, therefore giving people the chance to play as the one Pokémon as much as they like.

gameboy350

Back from the depths
Screw deleting trainers.
Lets have 5 Different trainers from each region. (Except maybe 2nd gen cos the starters sucked)
Impossible you say? Too much space used up?
Well I eat space for breakfast and Impossible is ma favorite colour!

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
^It would have quite a few Pokémon characters in it though. The roster does need balance.

For a new Pokémon character, Zoroark is kind of a given, based on Mewtwo and Lucario's successes. Some ideas:

Down B: Illusion (looks like a character in play and copies moveset, changes back if theu taunt or are damaged)

B/Side B: Night Slash

Final Smash: Night Daze (a burst of purple/black envelopes the circle around Zoroark)

I'd love Chandelure and Reuniclus (at least) as Pokéball Pokémon. ^_^ The former could use Fire Blast and the latter could use Wonder Room.

I also hope for more Kirby characters. Maybe Marx or Kracko? (guesses) Marx's Final Smash could be Black Hole. Oh, and some more Paper Mario characters, especially since a new one is coming out.

I'd love someone from Starfy, but that seems highly unlikely. =[

Though of all those characters, Phoenix Wright needsto be in the most. Scratch that, Miles Edgeworth needs to be in. Scratch that, WENDY OLDBAG needs to be in (IDEA! She could be an Assist Trophy that annoys everyone like Resetti).

Any of those ideas would be AWESOME! I'd love an AA character to make (even just a trophy) an appearance. Especially with the new crossover. However, again, characters like Mega Man seem more likely to get in, which is fine, but it may make an AA reference less likely.

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
Screw deleting trainers.
Lets have 5 Different trainers from each region. (Except maybe 2nd gen cos the starters sucked)
Impossible you say? Too much space used up?
Well I eat space for breakfast and Impossible is ma favorite colour!

Mah boi, if, and I mean IF, they make a Trainer for each generation, they won't just exclude Johto because "the starterz sucked lolz".

(Does everyone who hates Johto's starters totally forget Feraligatr is the second-best Water-type starter to this day from a competitive standpoint? [Empoleon is first] Meh, maybe haters conveniently forget that)

But that's besides the point. A second PT has an extremely low chance if any at all, because Nintendo knows better than to turn a unique idea into a gimmick.

Note: Probably already beaten.

JD

I don't think we need anymore Kirby reps honestly I wanted Galacta Knight but that is never going to happen because we already have Meta Knight. I think we could get some new Kirby assist trophy's though like maybe Paint Roller or the Sun and the Moon.

I might have already said this but these are the only characters I think have a very good chance of getting in.
Megaman
Paper Mario
Issac
Saki
Little Mac
Gray Fox(if snake is kept in.)

You know I think N's castle would make a decent new stage you'd start outside of the room where you fight N and you hear a roar eventually. The wall collapses and you see Reshiram or Zekrom similar to Dialga and Palkia they stay in the background but attack you occasionally. If they hit you with Blue Flare or Bolt Strike it will be an instant knock out similar to Porky on New Pork City. Occasionally Kyurem will appear but the chances are very low he will freeze the entire area making everything frozen. He will attack with Freeze Bolt or Cold Flare randomly.

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I have just got an amazing idea for a new Kirby playable character.

BANDANA WADDLE DEE.

No, this is not a joke. I mean, he's a co-op character in Kirby Wii, right? So he's basically a new, recurring, playable character.

He could use a parasol to attack, and his Final Smash could be a Megaton Punch!

I do think this is unlikely, due to Dedede's existing side B and the fact that there are other more recognised Kirby characters out there, but it's just an idea.

Alternatively, Prince Fluff, with his yarn-based powers, and the tank form as his Final Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.