• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivicts

Follow up question from someone also new to perfect Pokémon breeding. I have been researching it and the only results from Google has suggestions that the only way to do it is to use the friend Saffari. Is there any other way to achieve a perfect Pokémon outside of the safari, because I don't have any friends that play and apparently you can't go into your own Saffari.
Patience I think, safari only make it faster. However, it is not impossible to have a perfect pokemon without safari. For friends safari, you can add some members in serebiiforums and other pokemon forums who want to exchange their friend codes with you. I have done this for one week and got almost 20 friends in safari. :)

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Follow up question from someone also new to perfect Pokémon breeding. I have been researching it and the only results from Google has suggestions that the only way to do it is to use the friend Saffari. Is there any other way to achieve a perfect Pokémon outside of the safari, because I don't have any friends that play and apparently you can't go into your own Saffari.

Patience I think, safari only make it faster. However, it is not impossible to have a perfect pokemon without safari. For friends safari, you can add some members in serebiiforums and other pokemon forums who want to exchange their friend codes with you. I have done this for one week and got almost 20 friends in safari. :)

Yeah, patience as Ivicts said. Pokemon in the Friend Safari come 3+ IVs already, which speeds up the breeding process by a bit, but catching them and breeding then normally can be done too, it just takes forever in comparison. You can always try to trade with people that have Dittos with 4+ IVs, with just one of those you can speed through it even faster.

Also as he said, in this thread here: Friend Safari Thread you can add, and have people add you. You can ask for whatever pokemon you're looking for, or look for people that have it in their Safari, as before, I recommend finding a Ditto Safari, that by itself, is a great advance in terms of breeding.

No you can't get into your own safari, heck you can't even find out what it is until someone else adds you and checks for you.

elatria

If I use EXP share in pokemon x to level up a pokemon from lvl 1 would he be weaker than one I trained through battles?

KillerDraco

If I use EXP share in pokemon x to level up a pokemon from lvl 1 would he be weaker than one I trained through battles?

Nope. EV Share shares both EXP and EVs, so there is absolutely no difference.

demonfire

Ah yes, that is true. I misread his post as saying the parents had the same IVs.

But yeah, in this sort of event it would've helped to specify what the 4 IVs were for each parent. Two 4 IV parents with the same 4 IVs cannot produce a 6 IV offspring, but if their IVs are different, they can with a 0.1302% chance. Or in other words, 1 out of every 768 eggs will be 6 IVs.
I did state that the parents ivs encompassed all stats except attack which I thought made it clear that the parents each had a different iv since it would be impossible to cover five stats with both parents with the same ivs, I apologise for the confusion.

Primeguy

Veteran Trainer
Im trying to get an HP ground froakie, I figured since I have an HP ground charizard 31/29/31/30/30/31 I could form a breeding chain to eventually get what I want. But do I really have to train and check pretty much every harchling untill I get something with the desired IV's? Or is there an easier way to atleast tell what their exact IV's are without going to a judge/training each one and using a calc?

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
Im trying to get an HP ground froakie, I figured since I have an HP ground charizard 31/29/31/30/30/31 I could form a breeding chain to eventually get what I want. But do I really have to train and check pretty much every harchling untill I get something with the desired IV's? Or is there an easier way to atleast tell what their exact IV's are without going to a judge/training each one and using a calc?

There is a person in Anistar City that will tell you what type of Hidden Power your pokemon has. If you want to know how good the Froakie's IVs are, you are going to have to use the judge, unfortunately

Last edited:

Primeguy

Veteran Trainer
There is a person in Anistar City that will tell you what type of Hidden Power your pokemon has. If you want to know how good the Froakie's IVs are, you are going to have to use the judge, unfortunately

Cool atleast thats good for getting a rough estimate of what IV's were passed down. Thanks for the help, im now in my last step in the chain mudkip(M) + Froakie(f) so that info will def save me a bit of time. Wish me luck.

Hey, I couldn't find a better blog to post this on, but can anyone possibly breed me an Absol with perfect IVs in Attack and Speed (optional Def, HP and Sp Def) and with the egg moves of Play Rough. I'd be willing to offer a 5 IV Vulpix and/or anything else you might want from Evolution Stones to Mega Stones to Evolutionary items. Please!

Last edited:

The Mustache

Don't you think super training is kind of useless? I mean... it is fun in the harder levels but with hordes why using it for EV training?

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Not useless at all, you can get evolution stones from it.
And sometimes you don't want to go full 252 into one stat, where you can get 1/4/8/12/16/24 EV into a stat through Super Training.

lavulin

Hello! Can someone help me decide the EV spread for my Vivillon? I am going to use in triple batles.

Vivillon- Leftovers
Friend Guard

Protect
Substitute
Rain Dance
Hurricane

The main objective for the pokemon is to survive as long as he can.

Moldova

Honour of Kalos
I EV trained my Lanturn today [40 HP, 216 SP.DEFENCE, 252 DEFENSE] I think was the spread and he is looking pretty good at the moment he's a level 44 I think and I will use him in the upcoming Pokemon Tournament on Pokemon Global Link :)

IdyllicCritic

Lady Luckless
Hi! I need help finding out if I'm right about the IV spread of my Xernas. I haven't saved yet. Currently, its Stats is:

Xerneas
Level 50
Nature Modest
EV: 0 in total
Stats:
201/134/115/166/118/118

From my understanding, since 3 stats will have perfect IV and after doing a little bit of research, I suppose the IV spread is:

31/30/31/31/31/30

So I got an extra perfect IV in an stats, and two near-perfect. Are my calculations right or I'm off?

Mye

Someone has to win..
Hi! I need help finding out if I'm right about the IV spread of my Xernas. I haven't saved yet. Currently, its Stats is:

Xerneas
Level 50
Nature Modest
Stats:
201/134/115/166/118/118

From my understanding, since 3 stats will have perfect IV and after doing a little bit of research, I suppose the IV spread is:

31/30/31/31/31/30

So I got an extra perfect IV in an stats, and two near-perfect. Are my calculations right or I'm off?

Use this http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcxy.shtml

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner

Xerneas
Level 50
Nature Modest
Stats:
201/134/115/166/118/118

31/30/31/31/31/30

The IV calculator, at least the one here on Serebii isn't very accurate at all.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Ok so I just defeated a bellsprout horde, which bellsprout gives 1 attack EV. And my azumarill is holding the power bracer. So from the horde battle he should have gained 25 attack since 1 (from bellsprout) + 4 (from item)= 5. And then 5 x 5 (multiply by 5 since it's a horde battle) would be 25 attack EVs for my azumarill. Is this correct? I am new to EV training. Also does my azumarill still get those EVs if he didn't fight the horde but my latias did. EXP share is on.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Ok so I just defeated a bellsprout horde, which bellsprout gives 1 attack EV. And my azumarill is holding the power bracer. So from the horde battle he should have gained 25 attack since 1 (from bellsprout) + 4 (from item)= 5. And then 5 x 5 (multiply by 5 since it's a horde battle) would be 25 attack EVs for my azumarill. Is this correct? I am new to EV training. Also does my azumarill still get those EVs if he didn't fight the horde but my latias did. EXP share is on.

If you don't have Pokerus, then yes, you get 25 EVs from the Bellsprout Horde. If you give your Azumarill Pokerus, you will gain 50 EVs from a Horde because Pokerus doubles the number of EVs you get, stacked with the Power Items.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Ok azumarill is fully EV trained, and now I am going to level him up to level 50 (for play rough) So as long as he is fully EV trained he won't gain any more EVs right?

Status
Not open for further replies.