• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikings

Oracle
Is super training really necessary? I've always fight EV training for the regular gameplay makes things overly-easy. I've only EV trained in post game for competitive and fiend battles. I was mostly planning to super train after the Elite 4, but it seems very few people are doing that.

Goten21

Is super training really necessary? I've always fight EV training for the regular gameplay makes things overly-easy. I've only EV trained in post game for competitive and fiend battles. I was mostly planning to super train after the Elite 4, but it seems very few people are doing that.

No? Why would it be necessary?
Pokémon-amie isn't necessary
Or do you mean as a way to EV-train?
No, the "normal" way of EV-training is still possible, and it's actually easier now, thanks to hord battles ;)

Vikings

Oracle
No? Why would it be necessary?
Pokémon-amie isn't necessary
Or do you mean as a way to EV-train?
No, the "normal" way of EV-training is still possible, and it's actually easier now, thanks to hord battles ;)

Ah, I haven't touched it yet so I wasn't sure. Like I said, I never like EV training until post game. I've been hearing a lot of people discussing it so I wasn't sure if it really mattered when you got to it. Thanks.

Ah, I haven't touched it yet so I wasn't sure. Like I said, I never like EV training until post game. I've been hearing a lot of people discussing it so I wasn't sure if it really mattered when you got to it. Thanks.

Nope, nothing wrong with doing it the old fashioned way.
Super Training just throws a twist on it. It's a bit less monotonous in my opinion.

Xostro

I know you have stat bar that shows you stats, But is there a way to see the exact numbering? I want to know how much is in each stat as to not over do it and its making me panic.

Bluemage21

I know you have stat bar that shows you stats, But is there a way to see the exact numbering? I want to know how much is in each stat as to not over do it and its making me panic.

no, there is no number, BUT you cannot go over 252 in a stat with super training. Of course, this does not help with builds with different EV's like 130 def or something.

SeanAxel

Question about Destiny Knot, is it 5ivs from one parent or 5 ivs in total from both parents?

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Just read about the new breeding mechanics that were added. Gonna love the move inheritance improvement making the mother have a chance to pass down egg moves.
But the biggest thing I'm excited about is Destiny Knot.
Another new feature is the furthering of IV transfer. Previously, when the parent Pokémon had power items attached, it guaranteed the transfer of one of the IVs, while several IVs were guaranteed to pass down. However, as of X & Y, if you have one of the parents hold the Destiny Knot item, then 5 IVs total from either parent will be guaranteed to be transferred
Just think if you have both parents with 4-5 perfect IV's the chances of the offspring get near perfect/perfect IV's will be so much easier.
Perhaps the majority of players that RNG/hack their teams will actually play legit...

RNG_Reporter

Lol @ you saying RNG isn't legit.

Landroval

I think its pretty safe to say that Trevenant gives +attack EV's... grinding hordes of them for XP and the attack graph goes through the roof.

iTarTar

Finished Super EV training my second Pokemon; Salamence with Attack and Speed - a third of the way done my first competitive team! And if Trevenant hordes do give Attack (Probably 2 EVs each, so 10 in a Horde) the only problem with them would be finding an area move to KO them all for a non-flying type.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
slyveon is lvl 87 i hear you can reset evs with a punching bag if i do and re train it will it gain those evs back? what should i ev train slyveon in?

Hasty

Moonside
With the new Breeding Mechanics one could "just" catch a Ditto with perfect IVs and then get all your Pokémon with perfect IVs! The problem is catching that first Ditto with perfect IVs.

We just need to wait for PokeBank and get a "cheated" flawless Ditto, right?

I still don't get the new Breeding Mechanic completely... Can someone clarify?

If you have a flawless Ditto (Destiny Knot) and breed a Pokemon with it... 5 flawless IVs get passed to the offspring... meaning, that the average number of getting a flawless offspring is 1 in 31, or am I wrong?

Rakurai

It's not guaranteed to get the flawless IVs.

It picks five IVs from either parent, so both would need to be flawless.

Hasty

Moonside
It's not guaranteed to get the flawless IVs.

It picks five IVs from either parent, so both would need to be flawless.

But that is pretty hard, isn't it? But you could get a flawless Ditto and a Pokemon with maybe 2 flawless IVs and with some luck you get a flawless offspring?

bign0se

But that is pretty hard, isn't it? But you could get a flawless Ditto and a Pokemon with maybe 2 flawless IVs and with some luck you get a flawless offspring?

A flawless ditto without hacking is really hard to obtain, maybe now with friend safari a bit easier, since it seems to give pokemon higher IVs, but flawless, I believe the chances of finding a Shiny are way higher than getting a flawless wild pokemon. Still this makes breeding easier, if you have a ditto with 3 or 4 31 IVs and a other pokemon also with 3 31 IVs, it doesn't take a whole lot of eggs to get a pretty well spread pokemon.

Hasty

Moonside
A flawless ditto without hacking is really hard to obtain, maybe now with friend safari a bit easier, since it seems to give pokemon higher IVs, but flawless, I believe the chances of finding a Shiny are way higher than getting a flawless wild pokemon. Still this makes breeding easier, if you have a ditto with 3 or 4 31 IVs and a other pokemon also with 3 31 IVs, it doesn't take a whole lot of eggs to get a pretty well spread pokemon.

The Pokemon species with the most flawless members is probably Ditto (breeding slave, flawless Ditto's make everything easier). That's why I see flawless Ditto as a given.^^

Status
Not open for further replies.