• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PegasusxSeiya

Shiny Hunter
Anyone have a suggestion for the rest of the EVs for my Helioptile and Phantump? So far Helioptile has 252 in speed, and Phantump has 252 in attack.
Also any suggestions for my Espurr? I'll be using a male and can't decide on nature/EVs, what with male Meowstic's hidden ability being Prankster and it getting access to Calm Mind.

Still need some help with this. I've decided on Helioptile and Phantump, but I'm still at a loss for how to go with Espurr.
All I know is I'll be using his Prankster ability and giving him Calm Mind. Do I go with Modest nature or Calm nature? 252 in Speed and 252 into SpA or SpD? Or do I put it into his SpA and SpD and ignore the Speed? I really have no idea what to do with him beyond his ability/Calm Mind :/

ImpendingChaos

Added a Modest Flabébé to my team last night; maxed Special Attack and Speed, with the remaining in HP.

ImpendingChaos

I got a Modest Fennekin in the wonder trade ^-^

Nice! I've still yet to try out Wonder Trade. I can see how it could become very addicting.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
I just caught a Shiny Lonely nature Charmeleon at level 30 in friend safari.

It's untouched stats are:

Attack: 56
Defense: 44
Sp. Atk: 55
Sp. Def: 53
Speed: 54

Charectaristics: Capable of taking hits

The IV judge says:

"This Pokémon's potential is above average overall."
"Incidentally, I would say that its greatest potential lies in its Defense stat.
"It's SP. Def stat seems just as good, though."
"That's like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it."

Could anyone tell me what the IV's are? And on what should I put the EV's? Please help. I am a noob at this.

Aurath8

The IV judge says:

"Incidentally, I would say that its greatest potential lies in its Defense stat.

Could anyone tell me what the IV's are? And on what should I put the EV's? Please help. I am a noob at this.

Charmeleon has 31 in its Def and SpDef. I've forgotten what 'above average overall' means, but it refers to the total number of IVs when added together.

What exactly does the IV Judge say if a certain stat is 31?

It's almost certainly "That's like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it." as long as the above poster isn't paraphrasing at all.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Charmeleon has 31 in its Def and SpDef. I've forgotten what 'above average overall' means, but it refers to the total number of IVs when added together.

It's almost certainly "That's like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it." as long as the above poster isn't paraphrasing at all.

Thanks, what should I put my EV on?

Dylz

Trainer since 1997

bign0se

The IV judge says:

Saw you came from the netherlands, so sent you a PM explaining it in dutch ;)
Edit: Oops, too late I see

Aqua Ring

Guy Next Door
I absolutely love Super Training. It makes EV training so much easier and faster. I very much appreciate the fact that it's accessible so early in the game. It's great to be able to catch a good pokemon and start ev training it right away.

One thing I'm excited to see is more people ev train their pokemon. One of my online friends never knew about EVs until Super Training came along. I think the ease and accessibility of Super Training will contribute to a more competitive edge in casual battles. I'm not a competitive player, but I still like training my pokemon to be the best they can be.

I just think it would be helpful if the game told us how many evs our pokemon have exactly.

Rhonder

DarkKami

Pokemon Collector
So can someon explain the IV guy in Kiloude City:

Quote:
"Outstanding Overall"
"Greatest Potentail is Defense"
"Sp. Attack Equally Good"
"Sp. Defense seems just as good, though"
"Stats like those... they simply can't be beat!"

So does this mean this Pokemon has:
31 Defense, 31 Sp. Attack, and 30 Sp. Defense?

Last edited:
Super Training Made EV training so Much easier.

Now I can do Competitive battling.

Mega Typhlosion

I'm trying Super Training for the first time, and I'm loving it. It's way faster and much more fun than the traditional methods with the Power Items and the battling stuff. Also, is it just me or Super Training doesn't allow a stat to get more than 252 EVs? I maxed HP and Sp.Def for my Meowstic and it still allowed me 6 EVs on Speed.

About the minigames, the Sp.Atk one is hard as hell! On the other hand, HP and Speed are very easy xD

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
It's so difficult to train my Helioptile in Super Training. It uses the rapid-fire ball thing and it's impossible to get anything done with it. 'Cuz the moment I get a higher score, I get smacked with a ball from the Balloon Bot and I lose all my progress.

Mega Typhlosion

It's so difficult to train my Helioptile in Super Training. It uses the rapid-fire ball thing and it's impossible to get anything done with it. 'Cuz the moment I get a higher score, I get smacked with a ball from the Balloon Bot and I lose all my progress.

That's funny. I get the better scores with that type of ball actually... I guess it all comes to training xD

Status
Not open for further replies.