• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it's possible for both parents to pass down IVs for the same stat; there are 12 IVs between the two parents, 2 in each stat. Destiny knot ensures 5 are passed down, but not necessarily a unique 5. Say for example you get an offspring that's 31/xx/xx/xx/31/31; it appears as though only three IVs were passed down but it's possible that, for example, the speed and HP were passed down from both parents along with the special defence from one of them. That's still 5 IVs passed down, just two are doubles. Mechanically it's working, it's just annoying and unlucky.

yea probly

Rhonder

I prefer repeating the normal Battle Maison for BP at the moment. The opponents are extremely easy to beat if you bothered EV training your Pokemon, and you get 48 points per 20 rounds.

The Battle Institute feels slower for me because I have to actually pay attention to what I'm doing due to the opponents being much tougher.

Yeah the problem for me is that I'm not bothering to EV train until I can get my hands on a few sets of power items for horde training. But yeah I can't wait to rack up some streaks in the Battle Maison after I get some trained pokemon going xD I don't personally find the BI pokemon to be /that/ much harder though, so I guess that method works for me. What I hate about the BM with my in game team is I feel like it's really easy to start, but then the difficulty ramps up like a lot at a certain point around 10 and since my team isn't very balanced a single bad type match up can just wreck me. I like how at the BI you get the 5 battles no matter if you win or lose xD Thanks for the feed back though, now I'm looking forward to having a trained team >: D

sarysa

Series slave
What if you put the power bracer on the first Pokemon and Destiny Knot on the second. The offspring's should always receive perfect Atk, an just like in previous games it should be counted as one of the IV's that get passed down. Meaning instead of the usual 3 IV's it should be counted as one of the 5 IV's passed down because of Destiny Knot, correct?(since Destiny knot simply increases the passing of IV's) That still leaves one stat to be randomized in this situation, an I guess if your determined enough you could by chance receive a flawless Pokemon yes?

I don't want a 6-stat with a bad nature.

That said, you made a good point re: introducing stats. With skewed gender mons like Eevee and Bulbasaur (which I've sadly already bred) it'd be easy to make a good male if you already have a suitable female.

Cuthrout

Im curious, as of 6th gen we know that destiny knot gives 5 IV values from between the parents right. So if both parents have Perfect IV's. It is a 1/31 chance of getting the baby to have perfect IV's as the 6th stat is random. Does anyone know the chance of getting a perfect IV baby if both parents have 5 IV 31 stats?

sarysa

Series slave
Im curious, as of 6th gen we know that destiny knot gives 5 IV values from between the parents right. So if both parents have Perfect IV's. It is a 1/31 chance of getting the baby to have perfect IV's as the 6th stat is random. Does anyone know the chance of getting a perfect IV baby if both parents have 5 IV 31 stats?

There's a 1/6 chance of getting the five perfects you want.

Multiply that by the 1/32 chance in getting the missing stat perfect, and it becomes 1/192.

It only becomes 1/32 (and you can really start manufacturing them) if you were to get two perfect parents! Though if Power items are as effective as people say they are, it might become more efficient to play the nature lottery. (25 natures) Do power items ensure that Destiny Knot -only- takes from the other five stats? (if not, then forget I said that)

Last edited:

Cuthrout

There's a 1/6 chance of getting the five perfects you want.

Multiply that by the 1/32 chance in getting the missing stat perfect, and it becomes 1/192.

It only becomes 1/32 (and you can really start manufacturing them) if you were to get two perfect parents! Though if Power items are as effective as people say they are, it might become more efficient to play the nature lottery. (25 natures) Do power items ensure that Destiny Knot -only- takes from the other five stats? (if not, then forget I said that)

thanks, I forgot to add from 0. I'm currently breeding, hidden ability pokemon so need to keep the everstone, otherwise I would be tempted with a power item. 1/192 that is 0.521% of getting a perfect 6 IV pokemon right?

sarysa

Series slave
thanks, I forgot to add from 0. I'm currently breeding, hidden ability pokemon so need to keep the everstone, otherwise I would be tempted with a power item. 1/192 that is 0.521% of getting a perfect 6 IV pokemon right?

Everstone is nature, not ability. The rules for Ability changed in G6.

Females still have an 80% chance of passing on whatever ability they had before.
However, males can now pass on their ability with a Ditto. It's how I have so many Togepi with Super Luck.

0.521% looks close enough. :p Either way, there are so few mons where 6-stat is really necessary...don't throw your life away. :D

Rakurai

I think I should stop wasting my time trying to get a foreign male Deino with five flawless IVs for Masuda Method purposes by repeatedly trading for them on the GTS and hoping someone decides to be generous.

Probably would be easier to just arrange something with someone here.

Cuthrout

Everstone is nature, not ability. The rules for Ability changed in G6.

Females still have an 80% chance of passing on whatever ability they had before.
However, males can now pass on their ability with a Ditto. It's how I have so many Togepi with Super Luck.

0.521% looks close enough. :p Either way, there are so few mons where 6-stat is really necessary...don't throw your life away. :D

thanks didn't realise about the changes to everstone. The 6 perfect IV's on a poke is only useful for breeding egg groups, which is what I'm trying to do instead of hoping to get a 4+ IV 31 ditto :p

I don't want a 6-stat with a bad nature.

That said, you made a good point re: introducing stats. With skewed gender mons like Eevee and Bulbasaur (which I've sadly already bred) it'd be easy to make a good male if you already have a suitable female.

ive been breeding with a flawless male pokemon and a 31/x/31/31/31/31 female that holds everstone aiming for a flawless female for quite some time.
then i thought of the following,
if a parent holds a power item and the other holds a destiny knot,
the odds of getting a flawless pokemon with ur target nature is,
1/6 (assume destiny knot didnt pick the power item stat) x 1/25 (25 natures) = 0.67%
where getting a flawless pokemon with ur mother pokemon holding an everstone is,
1/6 (assume destiny knot didnt pick the power item stat) x 1/32 (chance of 0-31) = 0.52%
some might say, then why not using two destiny knots?
ive tested this out myself yesterday.
I assume destiny knot actually forces the system to make 1 stat being random, hence two destiny knot forces two random stats random which can be overlapped meaning of at least one stat will be random.
Ive put out this assumption due to the fact that my pokemon offspring does shows a higher chance of getting two or more stats being less than 31.
Therefore I reckon having to try ur luck on nature hav a slightly higher chance of getting a flawless target nature pokemon instead of the other way.
Others might say, why do u need a complete flawless pokemon when most of the cases ur pokemon will hav one stat hindered anyway. well im a perfectionist

Cuthrout

ive been breeding with a flawless male pokemon and a 31/x/31/31/31/31 female that holds everstone aiming for a flawless female for quite some time.
then i thought of the following,
if a parent holds a power item and the other holds a destiny knot,
the odds of getting a flawless pokemon with ur target nature is,
1/6 (assume destiny knot didnt pick the power item stat) x 1/25 (25 natures) = 0.67%
where getting a flawless pokemon with ur mother pokemon holding an everstone is,
1/6 (assume destiny knot didnt pick the power item stat) x 1/32 (chance of 0-31) = 0.52%
some might say, then why not using two destiny knots?
ive tested this out myself yesterday.
I assume destiny knot actually forces the system to make 1 stat being random, hence two destiny knot forces two random stats random which can be overlapped meaning of at least one stat will be random.
Ive put out this assumption due to the fact that my pokemon offspring does shows a higher chance of getting two or more stats being less than 31.
Therefore I reckon having to try ur luck on nature hav a slightly higher chance of getting a flawless target nature pokemon instead of the other way.
Others might say, why do u need a complete flawless pokemon when most of the cases ur pokemon will hav one stat hindered anyway. well im a perfectionist

Would 2 destiny knots work together? I would have expected one to nullify the other, therefore be negative as you wouldn't have the correct nature.

Neo_Mametchi

How do u beat the Secret training Minigames? I'm on secret training lv.2 at the Probopass balloon and can't find a way to win. I skipped through most of the tips they gave u. Only way I even got this far is from using the special bags that increase your speed, get more points, ect.

And about the shield/bairrer, I can block 1 shot but why won't it let me block the next? Dodging these shots seems impossible...

Would 2 destiny knots work together? I would have expected one to nullify the other, therefore be negative as you wouldn't have the correct nature.

thats what im saying, its not working

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Alright I just caught a shiny remoraid and evolved it into a octillery with a rare candy. My question is, how should I EV train it?

Ability: Suction Cups
Nature: Adamant
IV's:
- HP: 1
- ATK: 3
- SPATK: 22
- DEF: 17
- SPDEF: 31
- SPEED: 27

Should I max out speed and spatk with EV training and go with a special attack build?

Please help since I am a total noob with this.

chap196

How do u beat the Secret training Minigames? I'm on secret training lv.2 at the Probopass balloon and can't find a way to win. I skipped through most of the tips they gave u. Only way I even got this far is from using the special bags that increase your speed, get more points, ect.

And about the shield/bairrer, I can block 1 shot but why won't it let me block the next? Dodging these shots seems impossible...

I use Krokodile to beat Probopass because my Krokodile deal about 1050 damage per charge shot and 350 damage per normal shot (if I remember correctly) I usually Dodge 1 shot and block 1 shot, since there is a cool down time beetween each block. Don't always charge the shot as the goal disappear very quick, use the normal shot instead. And just ignore the Bitbots as its attack are very easy to dodge (and trying to kill it waste a lot of time. Also try to predict its pattern, the goal usually goes from its right eye to its left eye and to its beard again.

After Probopass you will face a harder battle...

Last edited:

Rakurai

Alright I just caught a shiny remoraid and evolved it into a octillery with a rare candy. My question is, how should I EV train it?

Ability: Suction Cups
Nature: Adamant
IV's:
- HP: 1
- ATK: 3
- SPATK: 22
- DEF: 17
- SPDEF: 31
- SPEED: 27

Should I max out speed and spatk with EV training and go with a special attack build?

Please help since I am a total noob with this.

I honestly wouldn't even bother with it, because the Adamant nature is kind of ruining it.

Regardless, Octillery is way too slow to warrant any speed training. I'd just max its HP and special attack, personally.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
I honestly wouldn't even bother with it, because the Adamant nature is kind of ruining it.

Regardless, Octillery is way too slow to warrant any speed training. I'd just max its HP and special attack, personally.

Thanks, I'll be doing that then. Why do I always get good IV's on pokémon that don't need those specific IV's. ;-( Still going to use this octillery for fish chaining.

onaven

I need some help...I am new to breeding (IV) . I have two dragonairs one has a 31 in HP and attack the other has a 31 spc d and speed. I have the mother the everstone, and the male has the destiny knot. Why are the Pokemon hatching only have 5 and 6 in all its attributes?

MumzRoar

Pryroar Owner
I've trained my pangoro entirely on HP and Attack, is this a good strategy? Perhaps even for competitive battling? I think it would work well with my pryroar that has speed and Sp. Attack trained.

old man

On Guard!!!
I need some help...I am new to breeding (IV) . I have two dragonairs one has a 31 in HP and attack the other has a 31 spc d and speed. I have the mother the everstone, and the male has the destiny knot. Why are the Pokemon hatching only have 5 and 6 in all its attributes?

What does the IV checker say?? If he says anything below above average keep breeding. The knot doesn't ALLWAYS pass down stats. I think it's a 50/50 chance.

I knew this gen would mess folk up who lost how to breed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.