• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKrugLife

Goodra Trainer
Is there any confirmation yet regarding whether or not you can train IVs? Also is the charged shot even worth using? Or should I just keep spamming

RNG_Reporter

I spam shoot and L button also. It helps a lot. Speeds up the shooting and fast targets.

There's no downside to using it.

What's the highest total someone got so far. In one goal. Mine is 116.

RNG_Reporter

Haha it is. I'm at 1:55 gameplay and Froakie has about an inch remaining.
But it'll all be worth it!
Plus. What's the rush!!!

Bluemage21

anyone have any tips on doing the games, I cannot seem to beat the times for the third round

Echleonus

Haha it is. I'm at 1:55 gameplay and Froakie has about an inch remaining.
But it'll all be worth it!
Plus. What's the rush!!!

Exactly.

On 5:12 and I've barley got past the first badge. Always take my time on pokemon games.

Team at the moment for anyone interested

Level 21 Quiladin
Level 21 Charmeleon
Level 20 Pidgeoto
Level 19 Kirlia
Level 19 Honedge

arapokeyugioh

Master Mentalist
Can I use a random pokemon for the training sessions of stats I don't want boosted? For example can I use a scatterbug on the mini games I don't want my froakie to play? EG don't want froakie to be trained in defense, use scatterbug instead.

Can I use a random pokemon for the training sessions of stats I don't want boosted? For example can I use a scatterbug on the mini games I don't want my froakie to play? EG don't want froakie to be trained in defense, use scatterbug instead.

Yeh, thats what i did.

Bluemage21

anyone have any tips on doing the games, I cannot seem to beat the times for the third round

Anyone? i cannot do magnezone at all either.

Also, what does smiley face, jumping pokemon mean?

TheKrugLife

Goodra Trainer
I just got the level 3 speed one done in 50 seconds =^.^= I just spam until they launch an ability then I strafe left and use block for the last few

saldu

Some Observations from maxing my Tyrunt's Attack & Speed:

1. There seem to be at least 3 different type of shots. The icon in the top right corner of the Super Training Subscreen indicates which shot your currently selected Pokemon has.
a) Rapidfire, Pikachu has this, for example
b) Fast-moving chargeable, Froakie has this, for example
c) slow-moving chargeable, Tyrunt has this, for example

Fast deals much less damage than slow.

2. The damage you do increases quite a bit the more you get to maxed EVs. My Tyrunt did about 180 without any EVs, and now it does 990 Damage, with 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed. Record times for things until secret tiers are usually 2:50+ remaining.
Attack increased the damage a lot more than speed did. Attack went to about 800 and speed did the remaining ~200.

3. Speed increases the projectile speed of the balls.

4. On some balloons, you can hit multiple hitzones at once with the large, slow moving charged ball. I twoshotted something with 3600 HP if I remember correctly, since the first shot hit 3 zones at once.

RNG_Reporter

Lol that's awesome!

I just stick to Level 2 games. +8 is just fine, an easy to do.

And who cares if my Froakie has mediocre or bad IVs in certain spots.

Still my dude.

ImpendingChaos

I'm thinking I want to go with an adamant Chespin/Chesnaught. In that case, I'll probably go with 252 Attack / 252 Defense / 4 HP. Any thoughts? Maybe boost his special defense?

RNG_Reporter

252 atk for sure. I'd go like.. 150 def and 100 sp def

Griever789

Hm I like super training, it still tedious but not as tedious as fighting pokemon over and over again until you run out of pp and have to go heal. Honestly the only faults are it forces you to do defense for tutorial and well it be nice if they gave numbers to the ev so I don't have to keep track on a seprete piece of paper.

TRG

I'm thinking I want to go with an adamant Chespin/Chesnaught. In that case, I'll probably go with 252 Attack / 252 Defense / 4 HP. Any thoughts? Maybe boost his special defense?

You'll want to raise both his atk and def to maximize his role as a bulky physical tank.

You can also put some of those defence EVs into special defense to help his all around bulk but IMO I'd rather make Chesnaught as physically bulky as possible so he can take on physical attackers with ease.

ImpendingChaos

You'll want to raise both his atk and def to maximize his role as a bulky physical tank.

You can also put some of those defence EVs into special defense to help his all around bulk but IMO I'd rather make Chesnaught as physically bulky as possible so he can take on physical attackers with ease.

That's what I was thinking. I'll probably just max out attack and defense. Its special defense could use some boosting, but in the long run I don't think it'd help as much as maxing out defense.

Floette

Fennekin
I just got the level 3 speed one done in 50 seconds =^.^= I just spam until they launch an ability then I strafe left and use block for the last few

I just got the level 3 speed done in 14 seconds xD we should honestly have a thread to post time scores for super training because I've been obsessing over my time when I do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.