• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IN NEED OF IMMEDIATE HELP. Ok, so I bred a Stunfisk, Sp Def IV 30, holding a Power Band, with a Ditto, Speed IV 31, holding a Power Anklet. Some Eggs hatched with Speed IVs under 31 (They were "Strong willed"), and some were off in regard to Sp Def (one was "Somewhat vain"). This also happened to me earlier, but only started in the past day. What's going on here?!?
I'm breeding with one power item and other one holding an Everstone, and never have any problems. Just saying.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I'm breeding with one power item and other one holding an Everstone, and never have any problems. Just saying.
I wasn't either, but suddenly everything went wrong. So weird...

Lugar

IN NEED OF IMMEDIATE HELP. Ok, so I bred a Stunfisk, Sp Def IV 30, holding a Power Band, with a Ditto, Speed IV 31, holding a Power Anklet. Some Eggs hatched with Speed IVs under 31 (They were "Strong willed"), and some were off in regard to Sp Def (one was "Somewhat vain"). This also happened to me earlier, but only started in the past day. What's going on here?!?

You can only get one of those they do not stack,it's better to use destiny knot 5 random from both parents.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Oh, oops, I remembered them stacking... My bad. Thanks for the answer :)

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
Breed a timid protean froakie with flawless ivs in Sp.atk, sp.def and speed. Very happy. Going to try for hp and def now. Wish me luck!!!!

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Breed a timid protean froakie with flawless ivs in Sp.atk, sp.def and speed. Very happy. Going to try for hp and def now. Wish me luck!!!!

Good Luck! My Flawless Jolly Bulletproof Quilladin was so triumphant a hatch for me, hope you get to feelthe same :)

Platypus9600

Yes that sounds about right, make sure you keep everstone on the right natured one at all times, and let the other one hold destiny knot. if you get a gible with some of the perfect stats replace the old one. But also remember to rotate the ditto, provided you have other dittos to complement the other stats.

At one point you should be able to replace the ditto completely, having both a female and male gible with 3-4 perfect IV (covering all the ones you want). If you want to add egg moves it becomes a little more complicated, but I think the easiest way is to breed in the egg move at this stage (either by adding the male with the right attack/attacks and breed with whatever female/ditto with as many perfect IVs as possible, obviously there is no "need" to create a male with good iv's if you want to add attacks later on, but it can still help in creating the perfect mother).

As a ground rule, rotate in pokemon with better IVs whenever you can, it will increase your chances of reciving the better offspring.

Thanks for the help that really cleared it up :) One thing I still don't quite get is the amount of IVs and how they're distributed. Is there 31 for each stat or 31 overall? :)

Boban

Hi guys i just wondering if i wanna try another build, but my pokemon is already at lv 100 so if i will reset his stats with reset bag im not able to get extra bonuses right ? could someone explain me this please ?

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
I'm EV training my in-game Charmander(future Charizard) and was wondering what is the ideal EV spread for Charizard? Btw I'm playing Pokemon X and plan on Mega-evolving my Charizard at times.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'm EV training my in-game Charmander(future Charizard) and was wondering what is the ideal EV spread for Charizard? Btw I'm playing Pokemon X and plan on Mega-evolving my Charizard at times.

Probably just 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP, unless you're running some kind of Sub set or something.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
Mega Venusaur is a tanky beast. It's ability makes up for the loss of a held item. And it can still get plenty of recovery with Giga Drain/Synthesis.

I was thinking it was going to be a tank. Poison covers fairies too so win-win!

In other news I got a Froakie with 4 ivs flawless, hp and defence is all I need for a perfect pokemon!

Mr G W

Insect power
So was doing some secret super training and i got a PP Max from the final challenge. Not bad.

bombe32

I'm trying to start a Froakie breeding project and really I really want a female one to simplify things, but I don't seem to run in to any female Frogadiers in the friend safari... is it even possible? I think I've had approximately 40-45 encounters without a single female one..... finding a shiny Floatzel in the process is kind of fun, but still...

Also, how much of a difference is there between having 28-30 and 31 in online games where levels are set to 50? I would imagine it's not very much and it could tempt me to settle for near-perfect in the 5th rather than going for 5 perfects every time.

Douchemon

Scientist
Does Expshare share EV ?

magentaman

Weakness policy Dragonite is AWESOME!
If you time it right with a DD you can get +3 Atk +1 speed in on turn and just go on a rampage.
With multiscale and screen support activating the policy and surviving is easy (especially since there's loads of dragon types and Greninja running round right now.)

EDIT: Just survived a +1 Stone Edge from a Mega Aerodactyl with 1HP. Policy activated, dragon dance the OHKOd it with dragon claw.

Last edited:

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
So I'm adding Aegislash to my team and I'm wondering should I split the Ev's 128 for them as:

HP/Def
Def/Sp. Def
Or should I put the full 252 in HP?

252 is already going in Atk btw

Leonn

I come with a question,

should I go with #1 Pancham - #674 (Adamant) : 16 - 19 / 30 - 31 / 10 - 12 / 2 - 4 / 31 / 0
EVing it's attack and Spdef
or

#2 Pancham - #674 (Adamant) : 31 / 30 - 31 / 26 - 29 / 2 - 4 / 11 - 13 / 14 - 17
eving it's Attack and Hp

Both have scrappy

Mystic_Blaze

Fabulous~
Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone knew the IVs for the event Torchic w/ the megastone. Are they random or are the IVs already set? Also any recommended EV spreads would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance (and hopefully this is the appropriate thread for my question...)

Status
Not open for further replies.