• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzaho

I'm a noob at EVs/IVs, so pardon the noob comment. I got the attack/speed spread through super training/EV training like I want, so will the stats fall in place for my Pokemon even if I go fighting random (let's say for example) Tentacool?

Neo_Mametchi

I'm confused on some steps on breeding pokemon with perfect IVs. I'm only focused on getting pokemon with 4 or 5 perfect IVs.

1. So the destiny knot is used when u have 1 pokemon with 2 perfect IVs & ditto with 2 different perfect IVs? Or is it used when u have 1 pokemon that has 3+ perfect IVs?

(So if I caught a male & female froakie in the friend safari each with 2 different ivs do I just breed them with 1 holding the destiny knot to get a baby with 3- 4 perfect ivs)

I'm mainly confused on the steps for getting the baby with 2+ ivs.

I'm confused on some steps on breeding pokemon with perfect IVs. I'm only focused on getting pokemon with 4 or 5 perfect IVs.

1. So the destiny knot is used when u have 1 pokemon with 2 perfect IVs & ditto with 2 different perfect IVs? Or is it used when u have 1 pokemon that has 3+ perfect IVs?

(So if I caught a male & female froakie in the friend safari each with 2 different ivs do I just breed them with 1 holding the destiny knot to get a baby with 3- 4 perfect ivs)

I'm mainly confused on the steps for getting the baby with 2+ ivs.

Yes, but it's not guaranteed to come out with two or even one set of 31 IVs. It can be all the good IVs from both parents, or all the bad IVs from both parents.

Neo_Mametchi

Yea I get that I just want to make sure how the destiny knot works & how to get 3+ perfect ivs.

My 1st thought was u use a power item & breed each gen until u get 1 pokemon with 3+ perfect ivs. But then I realized doing that wouldn't pass the other perfect ivs it would only do 1 every time.

cwertle

Don't Blink!
How do you breed for good/perfect IVs/natures?

Neo_Mametchi

Ok can someone check this & see if I got this right:
So I got a Honedge with the nature I want with perfect Atk ivs. So my next step is to give it the Everstone & breed it with a Ditto holding Destiny Knot with 2 different perfect I've until I get a baby with 3 perfect Ivs?

Then u get a male & female by that method with 3 perfect ivs each (with some different perfect ivs) breed them with everstone & destiny knot until u get a baby with 4-6 perfect Ivs?

Also what are the odds of getting 3,4,5, & 6 perfect ivs?

Mmk, I like to think I'm well versed in this whole breeding thing since I've had several near flawless Pokemon come out of these eggs. . .
But, lately, I've been trying to breed a HA Female Chespin with synthesis to later IV breed. I've been doing this for a few hours, and EVERY female I have gotten has Overgrow.
Both parents have Bulletproof so that's no problem.
I have several male Bulletproof Synthesis Chespin, but not a single female Bulletproof Synthesis Chespin.
I'm blaming it on bad luck, but I want to make sure that it's not just me doing something wrong. . .

Last edited:

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Mmk, I like to think I'm well versed in this whole breeding thing since I've had several near flawless Pokemon come out of these eggs. . .
But, lately, I've been trying to breed a HA Female Chespin with synthesis to later IV breed. I've been doing this for a few hours, and EVERY female I have gotten has Overgrow.
Both parents have Bulletproof so that's no problem.
I have several male Bulletproof Synthesis Chespin, but not a single female Bulletproof Synthesis Chespin.
I'm blaming it on bad luck, but I want to make sure that it's not just me doing something wrong. . .
I'm not a complete expert on breeding. Of course the father can pass down the hidden ability now but only works when breeding with a ditto or a female with the HA. It's however a lower chance at passing down then the mother when breeding with a ditto. You actually get the highest chance to pass down the hidden ability if both the mother and father have the hidden ability.
So if you have both parents with the hidden ability Bulletproof your getting the best chance of passing it down to the offspring. Perhaps it is just bad luck, I have yet to jump in to the more complicated aspect of breeding for X/Y because not all the info has been discovered yet. I would say just keep on hatching in hopes of getting that female with HA + Synthesis, you should get it eventually.

After I finally managed to get Safari with Ditto, I bred my first perfect Pokemon, 31/X/31/31/31/31 Modest Clawitzer, What's good EVs for him? 252 Sp.Atk is must, but should I go also 252 HP ? because he is slow as sh!t but he got 4 STABS : Water Pulse, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere...

Genousity

Umbreon, depending on what you want, with those IV's it would make a great baton passer. I would say depending on your move set, 252 hp 200 def, 58 speed. making it great physical wall, or you could run curse payback, in which you would have 252 hp 100 attack, 158 defense, you could add some into sp def to protect from focus blast, as you will be cursing up.

So what kind of move set should I have if i go with baton passing?

saldu

Super Training is easier than getting pokerus and then finding a horde, it just takes (a little) more time...

You only need to get pokerus once and horde encounters are 100% with sweet scent.

And I fail to see how Super Training is "easier".
You can't semi-afk and Super Training 5 Pokemon takes about 3 1/2 - 4 hours, while horde EV-Training 5 pokemon takes at most 15 minutes if you're unlucky.
Of course you need to get the power items first, but even if you only EV a single pokemon, it's still 15 minutes tops vs. 45-50 minutes.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
You only need to get pokerus once and horde encounters are 100% with sweet scent.

And I fail to see how Super Training is "easier".
You can't semi-afk and Super Training 5 Pokemon takes about 3 1/2 - 4 hours, while horde EV-Training 5 pokemon takes at most 15 minutes if you're unlucky.
Of course you need to get the power items first, but even if you only EV a single pokemon, it's still 15 minutes tops vs. 45-50 minutes.

What kind of amazing lucky streak of timebending allows you to finish EV Training 5 Pokémon in a mere 15 Minutes?

Oh, Power Items and Pokérus. Remember that that may take time, and that you may not even encounter Pokérus at all, which is based entirely on chance, meaning that Super Training is easier since it has no luck or large chain of events required to start.

robot76

Does anyone know If their is a way to check the ivs of freshly hatched pokes? Apparently the battle maison doesn't auto lvl your pokes to 50 like the battle subway did and I hate trusting that guess-imating guy.

Does anyone know If their is a way to check the ivs of freshly hatched pokes? Apparently the battle maison doesn't auto lvl your pokes to 50 like the battle subway did and I hate trusting that guess-imating guy.

Simply put. . .
No.

saldu

What kind of amazing lucky streak of timebending allows you to finish EV Training 5 Pokémon in a mere 15 Minutes?

Oh, Power Items and Pokérus. Remember that that may take time, and that you may not even encounter Pokérus at all, which is based entirely on chance, meaning that Super Training is easier since it has no luck or large chain of events required to start.

Well, just ask around and anyone will give you Pokerus. It's very widespread now, especially with wonder trade.
I infect and give away 10 Pokemon per day in wondertrade since I got pokerus, for example.
So that really shouldn't be the limiting factor, unless you can't go online with your 3ds, that would indeed be a problem.

And for the time-bending part: 1 horde battle with power item of the appropriate EV and Pokerus = 50/60/70 EV depending on which pokemon you're fighting (base 1/2/3 EVs).
So, for standard 252/252/4 spreads, that would be at most 12 battles + 1 round of super training for the 4 EV in the last stat.
Since hordes are in general very low levelled, you can easily oneshot them with a Sweet Scent Venusaur's Razor Leaf, freeing up to 5 party slots for EV-leeching Pokemon. (don't forget to turn on EXP Share >_>)

Just curious, for what purpose would it matter to know (if an IV is not 31) if it is 0-30?
You do want to end up with the 31 at one point anyways, and he tells them 100% correctly.
And it doesn't matter if your parents both have 0 speed IVs or both 30 speed IVs, the offspring would still have the same chance for a 31.
Ok, I guess for a few pokemon you'd want 0 speed IVs, like anything that can use gyroball effectively...especially Ferrothorn and Forretress...

one more edit: I think he even tells you if an IV is exactly 0. One time he was almost mocking the HP stat of something I had him check.

Last edited:

Rio!

Composer
Well, just ask around and anyone will give you Pokerus. It's very widespread now, especially with wonder trade.
I infect and give away 10 Pokemon per day in wondertrade since I got pokerus, for example.
So that really shouldn't be the limiting factor, unless you can't go online with your 3ds, that would indeed be a problem.

And for the time-bending part: 1 horde battle with power item of the appropriate EV and Pokerus = 50/60/70 EV depending on which pokemon you're fighting (base 1/2/3 IVs).
So, for standard 252/252/4 spreads, that would be at most 12 battles + 1 round of super training for the 4 EV in the last stat.
Since hordes are in general very low levelled, you can easily oneshot them with a Sweet Scent Venusaur's Razor Leaf, freeing up to 5 party slots for EV-leeching Pokemon. (don't forget to turn on EXP Share >_>)

That would be my luck; forgetting to turn the EXP Share on. XD
That is a great point though! I'm still trying to grasp how to get into the IV scene; almost seems more trouble than it's worth. ALMOST.

Even without pokerus, its 12 one turn battles to max the evs of 5 pokemon. Generally one can get through singles or doubles in the battle mansion in roughly the time it takes to ev train a single pokemon with super training. You need to invest a comparable amount of time up front, but once you do you will always have the ability to ev max pokes in minutes.

cwertle

Don't Blink!
How do you breed for good/perfect IVs/natures?

Also, what are good places to ev train w/ hordes?
And evs are spread with exp share, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.