• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom32090

okay something i have noticed and don't know if it just me. I find a lot of 3 iv pokemon in the friend safari but it seems like when im not connected to wifi i dont seem to get any at all apposed to when im connected and i sometimes find 2 or 3 in a batch. Has any one else noticed this at all or am i just crazy?

PoketProf

The super training make things easier, but if u want to train fast fight vs horde pokemons using pokerus + power item, i trained my 248 HP / 252 SDef Tyrantrum with this method without buying vitamins and it was a way faster than super training, but what i like the most is that u can max the evs to 252 and not 255 like in past gens so no errors this time XD

Think this is the best place to post this question, so here goes:

How can I breed BOTH Outrage and Iron Head into a Gible?
(I am so impatient, I can't wait until December for Pokemon Bank, I want Garchomp now!)

Rakurai

Female Pokemon now pass down egg moves, thus making it possible to give any Pokemon any combination of four different egg moves.

Breed something that has Iron Head with a female Gible that knows Outrage. Or you could just grab one off the GTS, since tons of people post their excess Gible on there.

I obtained a shiny Braixen with max IVs in D and SpA, but it's EVs are +Def -A, which aren't useless but aren't ideal, either. Do you think this is still usable?

Also, I'm trying to IV breed. I have a male Eevee with x/x/31/31/31/x and a female Mawile with 31/x/x/x/x/31. How often will my egg hatch an Eevee? Is it 50/50?

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
I obtained a shiny Braixen with max IVs in D and SpA, but it's EVs are +Def -A, which aren't useless but aren't ideal, either. Do you think this is still usable?

Also, I'm trying to IV breed. I have a male Eevee with x/x/31/31/31/x and a female Mawile with 31/x/x/x/x/31. How often will my egg hatch an Eevee? Is it 50/50?

Concerning the eevee the eggs will always be a mawile since the offspring always takes after the mother. As for the shiny braixen I don't think it would do well in competitive but for ingame stuff it should be fine.

Cheeseonaplate

One question, how should I breed for a 6IV ditto? Do I need two parents with at least 3 maxed IVs? and what should I make them hold? Thanks

Dang! That's gunna make getting 5 IVs on an Eevee pretty tricky. I have a female Eevee, but they never seem to hatch.

Ixeilon

PKMN Breeder
One question, how should I breed for a 6IV ditto? Do I need two parents with at least 3 maxed IVs? and what should I make them hold? Thanks

You don't. Ditto's cannot be bred.

Cheeseonaplate

oh, so I have to catch one then? looks like I'll be needing many repeat balls

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
A small tip for iv breeding is not to rely on dittos so much. Get a few 3iv dittos to start off with but then try and breed male pokemon in each egg group with the ivs. It makes it much easier than juggling dittos to get perfect pokemon.

So find a pokemon that's in 2 egg groups like pikachu then breed it with a 3 iv ditto till you have a 3 iv pikachu then switch the ditto to try and get 5 or even 6 maxes on a male pikachu. Then when you need to breed something that's in field/fairy you can just use the male pikachu. So far I have about half of the egg groups with 5/6 max ivs and I just used them to get myself a 5 iv shiny marill :)

Just thought I'd post this in case someone needs help with getting max ivs on pokemon. Or if you want you can just juggle dittos up to you lol :D

A small tip for iv breeding is not to rely on dittos so much. Get a few 3iv dittos to start off with but then try and breed male pokemon in each egg group with the ivs. It makes it much easier than juggling dittos to get perfect pokemon.

So find a pokemon that's in 2 egg groups like pikachu then breed it with a 3 iv ditto till you have a 3 iv pikachu then switch the ditto to try and get 5 or even 6 maxes on a male pikachu. Then when you need to breed something that's in field/fairy you can just use the male pikachu. So far I have about half of the egg groups with 5/6 max ivs and I just used them to get myself a 5 iv shiny marill :)

Just thought I'd post this in case someone needs help with getting max ivs on pokemon. Or if you want you can just juggle dittos up to you lol :D

Thanks for the advice, I am now using my 5IV Gyarados to breed for a 5IV Garchomp.

If I did not see your post, I would have started from scratch breeding Ditto's with Gible's!
Unfortunately the next one I am planning on breeding is a Metagross and I will have no choice but to breed with Ditto's on that one.....

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
How can I see that my pokemon has a good IV? (31/x/31/x)? What does 31 mean?
How do I decide what is a good nature?

A pokemon can have a max of 31 ivs in each stat to see which stats they have 31 in go to kiloude city pokemon centre and talk to the guy in there he will tell you which stats are 31 if he says hp/attack can't be better that means they are 31.

As for nature it really depends on the pokemon and how you use it. For example a dragonite if you want it to hit harder go for adamant since that's up on attack and down on spec attack if you want it to be faster then go jolly since that's up on speed.

Certain pokemon do certain things better than other so you can look up their stats and decide that way or you can maybe ask on the forum if your really not sure. There are also other sites that are about competitive pokemon and they have sets ups that you can follow.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
How can I see that my pokemon has a good IV? (31/x/31/x)? What does 31 mean?
How do I decide what is a good nature?
31 is the highest IV a pokemon can get in a stat. You can talk with the IV judge in Kiloude City's Pokemon Center, if he says "Can't be beat" then the stats he list's all have 31 IV's.
Here's the list of natures http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml
You can see what stat they boost and which stat they lower. There's even some that don't give any boost at all. It comes downs to the Pokemon's stats take Scizor for example it can be a great Physical sweeper so it could have either Adamant(+Atk, -Sp.Atk) or Jolly(+Spd, -Sp.atk). Or a Defensive wall like Ferrothorn which could have Relaxed(+Def, -Spd).
If you don't want to get to far into the complicated part of competitive play of Natures and EV spread, go for a nature that'll boost the Pokemon's best stat and that'll lower a stat that doesn't effect it at all.

Last edited:

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
Thank you for this. I was thinking of doing the same, but it sounded really complicated until you spelled it out here. I'll be starting my own quest for this tonight, I think.

Female Pokemon now pass down egg moves, thus making it possible to give any Pokemon any combination of four different egg moves.

Breed something that has Iron Head with a female Gible that knows Outrage. Or you could just grab one off the GTS, since tons of people post their excess Gible on there.

Thanks, I did not know that, but most of the time I have been breeding with dittos so I am still catching up with the changes to the breeding mechanics made in 6th gen!

Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Thunder Trainer
Big question about IV Judge. Do he tell you witch stats is IV 31? Like if you got a highest IV speed and if he said this Pokemon greatest stats is Speed and it's Attack is good and its Sp Def just as good.

So I have 31 in all of the stats???

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
Big question about IV Judge. Do he tell you witch stats is IV 31? Like if you got a highest IV speed and if he said this Pokemon greatest stats is Speed and it's Attack is good and its Sp Def just as good.

So I have 31 in all of the stats???

If he says that and it's followed by it can't be beat or something along those lines then yes they are all at 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.