• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
And make so the egg Pokemon have the IVs of the breeding Pokemon. I'll used Destiny Knot and the Power Items?

The way I breed is give the male the destiny knot since I use males from egg groups to breed. Then I give the female an everstone to pass down nature. I don't think using the destiny knot and a power item together works. So if your breeding for 5/6 maxes get a ditto or pokemon with the maxes needed then the female of the pokemon your breeding for, put them in day care And when you get one with more ivs than what is already in there switch them around until you get the one your after.

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
A pokemon can have a max of 31 ivs in each stat to see which stats they have 31 in go to kiloude city pokemon centre and talk to the guy in there he will tell you which stats are 31 if he says hp/attack can't be better that means they are 31.

As for nature it really depends on the pokemon and how you use it. For example a dragonite if you want it to hit harder go for adamant since that's up on attack and down on spec attack if you want it to be faster then go jolly since that's up on speed.

Certain pokemon do certain things better than other so you can look up their stats and decide that way or you can maybe ask on the forum if your really not sure. There are also other sites that are about competitive pokemon and they have sets ups that you can follow.

This is great advice. I now have a set of 4 x 31 IV male Pokemon from each egg group, and it's really quite encouraging to know you can breed something pretty decently from any species in a short amount of time.

NicoleD

31 is the highest IV a pokemon can get in a stat. You can talk with the IV judge in Kiloude City's Pokemon Center, if he says "Can't be beat" then the stats he list's all have 31 IV's.
Here's the list of natures http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml
You can see what stat they boost and which stat they lower. There's even some that don't give any boost at all. It comes downs to the Pokemon's stats take Scizor for example it can be a great Physical sweeper so it could have either Adamant(+Atk, -Sp.Atk) or Jolly(+Spd, -Sp.atk). Or a Defensive wall like Ferrothorn which could have Relaxed(+Def, -Spd).
If you don't want to get to far into the complicated part of competitive play of Natures and EV spread, go for a nature that'll boost the Pokemon's best stat and that'll lower a stat that doesn't effect it at all.

The guy says 'got potential'. That doesn't mean it is 31, is it?
He never says, 'cant be beat' of something like that.. -.-'

Edit: Never mind. He does say 'cant be beat' . Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
This is a bit off topic, and I apologize, but would anyone mind confirming some details of Friend Safari?

1. Two Pokemon, a third if the friend has beat the Elite Four, and Hidden Abilities if that friend is online while you are playing
2. Each capture has at least two maxed IVs
3. Shinies have a higher chance of appearing -- any elaboration on why or if this is true?

Thanks!

This is a bit off topic, and I apologize, but would anyone mind confirming some details of Friend Safari?

1. Two Pokemon, a third if the friend has beat the Elite Four, and Hidden Abilities if that friend is online while you are playing
3. Shinies have a higher chance of appearing -- any elaboration on why or if this is true?

Thanks!

I don't know how true that second half of number one is. I've found several HA pokes w/o even being online.

Everything else, as far as I can tell is true.

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait

Thanks!

1. Two Pokemon at first and then a third after the friend has beaten the Elite Four, but Hidden Abilities also require the friend to beat the Elite Four, and then be online at the same time as you at least once. After that one time, they don't need to be online for HA Pokemon to appear.
2. Correct.
3. That is uncomfirmed for now.

NicoleD

Do I really need a perfect Ditto to IV breed? Or are there other ways? And it is it true that if I create a chain of ditto's it's most likely to a perfect ditto shows up?

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
Do I really need a perfect Ditto to IV breed? Or are there other ways? And it is it true that if I create a chain of ditto's it's most likely to a perfect ditto shows up?

You don't need a perfect ditto to iv breed I mean they're useful but really hard to find. What I suggest is to try and get a 5/6 iv male pokemon from every egg group to breed with. As for chaining dittos to get a perfect one idk I've never really looked into chaining. If you have a safari with dittos in you can get 2 iv ones easily but you can also get 3+ but they're rarer.

If you're looking for a 5v male to start off I can give you a 5v marill that I have left over from breeding my perfect shiny marill from. Most are only missing spec def or hp so you'd need to use a female with those ivs if you want a perfect one.

Anyway good luck to everyone who's iv breeding and hope my earlier posts have helped some of you :D

NicoleD

So, if I'm understanding:
I have currently this (for a charmander):
Charmeleon xx/xx/xx/31/31/xx Rash – Mischievous – Hidden Ability
Charmeleon xx/xx/xx/31/xx/31 Bold – Alert to sounds
Charmeleon xx/xx/31/xx/xx/31 Relaxed – Capabale of taking hits

If I have this combined (breeding with each other) I only have to combine with a HP 31. And then I have the change on a 31/xx/31/31/31/31 charmander?

I'm really interested in your marill, it would help me a lot! What would you want from me? Just PM me! (Maybe I'm not responding today, I will tomorrow!)

Sydwinx

Queen of Hoopla
So, I caught a shiny phantump earlier...and it has a careful nature with these stats.

Attack: 56
Defense: 41
Sp. Atk: 31
Sp.Def: 50
Speed: 37

I have a question:

What should I EV train it in? I am guessing Attack, and Sp. Def, but, I am not that good with EV training.

If anyone knows that would be wonderful.

I do hope this is the right forum.

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
So, I caught a shiny phantump earlier...and it has a careful nature with these stats.

Attack: 56
Defense: 41
Sp. Atk: 31
Sp.Def: 50
Speed: 37

I have a question:

What should I EV train it in? I am guessing Attack, and Sp. Def, but, I am not that good with EV training.

If anyone knows that would be wonderful.

I do hope this is the right forum.

Careful is the perfect nature for it - congrats!

You should EV train it with 252 HP, 80 Special Defence and 176 Speed, and give it the moves Shadow Claw, Will-O-Wisp, and any combination of Wood Hammer / Horn Leech / Rest (go with Rest if yours has Natural Cure, otherwise pick the two grass moves).

Sydwinx

Queen of Hoopla
Careful is the perfect nature for it - congrats!

You should EV train it with 252 HP, 80 Special Defence and 176 Speed, and give it the moves Shadow Claw, Will-O-Wisp, and any combination of Wood Hammer / Horn Leech / Rest (go with Rest if yours has Natural Cure, otherwise pick the two grass moves).

Oh wow, really? o-o Huh. And mine has Natural cure as well.

And thank you very much. :) I've been looking forward to EV train it, haha. And I am extra glad to know that mind recieved a good nature. :)

Sydwinx

Queen of Hoopla
Oh, and one more thing-

Let's say I begin to EV train a pokemon through Super training, and I decide to reset the stats....It will go back to how it was when I caught it, right? ( and If I never leveled it up, or got that pokemon any experience what-so-ever.)

Elena90

I absolutely love this new breeding technique with Destiny Knot! :D I never bred for perfect IVs in previous generations as I didn't have the patience for it, but now I have accumulated boxes upon boxes of perfect pokemon :D It's really easy once you have perfect males in every egg group. I even started my own thread or trade shop to exchange more perfect IV pokemon, which is great. I feel like once you have a few good pokemon, you can trade for more and expand :)

Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Thunder Trainer
The way I breed is give the male the destiny knot since I use males from egg groups to breed. Then I give the female an everstone to pass down nature. I don't think using the destiny knot and a power item together works. So if your breeding for 5/6 maxes get a ditto or pokemon with the maxes needed then the female of the pokemon your breeding for, put them in day care And when you get one with more ivs than what is already in there switch them around until you get the one your after.

I believe it did work, since the Destiny Knot picks 5 random IV of the pokemonr and the power just picks one. Since Destiny Knot picks random stats. However if the Destiny knot picks the right IV in the Pokemon that pass down. I believe the Pokemon come out of the egg will have all the highest stats of it parents.((If you using both Destiny Knot and Power Items.)) Maybe not the first egg, but you'll might get them fest on the baby pokemon.

So I believe, if you got one have 31 in 5 stats and the other on that is 31 in the missing Stats. I believe the chance of the baby Pokemon having 31 is greater that having all 31 stats. Since Destiny Knot picks 5 Iv at random. Meaning if the Destiny Knot didn't pick the IV that the other Parent good it. Then the Power Item picks it up.

However, I believe you have to keep breeding the last Pokemon over and over to get the nature you want.

I might be wrong.

Puma Italia

Oh, and one more thing-

Let's say I begin to EV train a pokemon through Super training, and I decide to reset the stats....It will go back to how it was when I caught it, right? ( and If I never leveled it up, or got that pokemon any experience what-so-ever.)

If you reset the stats, it will have 0 EVs. (so yes it will be like when you first caught it)

Sydwinx

Queen of Hoopla
If you reset the stats, it will have 0 EVs. (so yes it will be like when you first caught it)

Thank you so much!! ^^ I've been playing pokemon for so long, but I just started to get into EV training, haha. xD

Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Thunder Trainer
Oh, and one more thing-

Yeah, the reset bag and the berry reset the EV stats and it go back like you never fight with it before. If you level it up and reset it stats. It kinda like you catch it on that level

Status
Not open for further replies.