• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estellise

peachy
Hey, I was thinking of EV training a Goomy, but I have no idea what EVs or nature works best with Goodra. .-. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Hey, I was thinking of EV training a Goomy, but I have no idea what EVs or nature works best with Goodra. .-. Does anyone have a suggestion?

He has so many sets to abuse. Depends on what you're looking for.
There's the forever annoying Restfestation set. Or the typical Special attacker. There's the Assault Vest set too. But those are just the one I've used. There's so many more.

Cuthrout

I don't know if anyone else has bad luck hatching eggs, but its been 4 hours and I still don't have a female charmander. I wish the ratio was better...

I don't know if anyone else has bad luck hatching eggs, but its been 4 hours and I still don't have a female charmander. I wish the ratio was better...

You're not the only one. . .
I got one Chespin female for every 30/40 males. And most of the time, they had Overgrow. . . It REALLY got on my nerves.

Cuthrout

You're not the only one. . .
I got one Chespin female for every 30/40 males. And most of the time, they had Overgrow. . . It REALLY got on my nerves.

I've wasted a few hours trying to get super singles done in maison so i was able to buy an ability capsule, all choice items and battle items I need, so wrong ability isn't an issue just getting a female is. I have always avoided breeding starter pokemon but this has to be the worst luck I have ever had for trying to get a female...

I've wasted a few hours trying to get super singles done in maison so i was able to buy an ability capsule, all choice items and battle items I need, so wrong ability isn't an issue just getting a female is. I have always avoided breeding starter pokemon but this has to be the worst luck I have ever had for trying to get a female...

The ability capsule doesn't give you the HA though. . . If that's in fact what you were wanting.

Cuthrout

The ability capsule doesn't give you the HA though. . . If that's in fact what you were wanting.

Oh god no, I just want a female so I can breed a better male so i can pass on ddance to a ttar with some nice IV's but if i dont get a female in the next hour ill just egg move it onto a crap male and then try and IV and egg move a tyranitar from scratch.

magentaman

Oh god no, I just want a female so I can breed a better male so i can pass on ddance to a ttar with some nice IV's but if i dont get a female in the next hour ill just egg move it onto a crap male and then try and IV and egg move a tyranitar from scratch.

\I'm breeding DD Larvitar atm, i have some 4iv ones that you can have if you want

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
So I IV bred and EV trained these two beauties yesterday, the Destiny Knot change is.. there are no words for how amazingly easy it is.

Goodra @ Modest
~ Gooey
31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
252 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 6 Defense
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Espeon @ Timid
~ Magic Bounce
31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind

Now I'm working on this;

Blaziken @ Adamant
~ Speed Boost
31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
- Flare Blitz
- Hi Jump Kick
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
So I actually EV trained one of my Pokemon! I had gotten a Shiny Druddigon (arguably one of my favorite shinies in existence) that is Male with a Brave Nature and has Perfect IVs in Attack and Sp.Attack...so for my excitedness I gave him a spread of 252 Attack/ 252 Sp.Attack/ 4 HP.

Artnerd

Insane Artist
Got my first perfect IV Mareep! It's female and I got a perfect IV jpn Bulbasaur male she'll now be breeding with!
Wondertrade is pretty awesome, I already got 4 5IV foreign males from it! No mineral group ones though, I want to try an get a Honedge for my friend and one to repay Cuthrout!

Rsr57

Is Yveltal worth having 252 speed evs with a + speed nature and 27 IVs in speed? I don´t know if there are any speed tiers in ubers yet.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
So.. tried out my Carbink against the SP. Defense Dragalge, and OH MY GOD!
Machine gun Carbink! when I hold the stylus, it fires rapidly balls until the charging thung starts, which also send out rapid machine gun fire.. of balls

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Is Yveltal worth having 252 speed evs with a + speed nature and 27 IVs in speed? I don´t know if there are any speed tiers in ubers yet.

I think even at +252 SPEED EVs it will still be left behind. 99 Base Speed is pretty sub-par, and it's not even max IVs either...

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Kinda weird though, that I just found out about Level 2 and 3 in the Super training stat boosters..

Unredemption

If you're talking about PokeBank Ubers, I don't think it really matters. Either way, you'd still able to outspeed anything below Yveltal's speed tier (+Spe or otherwise) provided they aren't Scarfed. For neutral Speed natures, the only thing you'll risk speed tying with (given 27 Speed IVs) is fully invested Thundurus at L50 (you'll outspeed it at L100). Above Thundurus, you'll pretty much get outsped by everything.

So once a Pokémon has the right EVs/moves/evolution, is there any need to level it up for wi-fi battles, since they're all set to level 50? Does its real in-game level affect how strong of a level 50 it will be in wi-fi?

Tenilius

So once a Pokémon has the right EVs/moves/evolution, is there any need to level it up for wi-fi battles, since they're all set to level 50? Does its real in-game level affect how strong of a level 50 it will be in wi-fi?

They'll be auto scaled, the levelling is only needed for use in the Battle Maison or more obvious things like evolution and level up moves.

Cuthrout

Got my first perfect IV Mareep! It's female and I got a perfect IV jpn Bulbasaur male she'll now be breeding with!
Wondertrade is pretty awesome, I already got 4 5IV foreign males from it! No mineral group ones though, I want to try an get a Honedge for my friend and one to repay Cuthrout!

Ha ha thank you! :p. Congratz on the Mareep!

I am currently still trying to get a 5 IV female charmander! i am breeding with a 4 IV female but I am on currently about 4 hours 40 minutes with no female egg since! managed to get a 6 IV male through sheer luck though! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.