• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Discuss the new EV training facility introduced in Pokémon X & Y here. Feel free to generally discuss EV & IV Training here as well.

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. One-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered spam and will be deleted.

Erchamion

Well I guess I'll start of by asking if there is any truth to the ev-reducing feature of super training? also was it possible to increase Iv? are Ivs maximized in wi-fi battles? Is the ev-reducing berries obtainable ingame and if so how much of a pain is it to farm them?

Vaizel

I don't think it's possible to alter the IVs of a pokemon. They're sorta like the DNA of a particular pokemon that set it apart from its counterparts of the same species.

Hasty

Moonside
Well I guess I'll start of by asking if there is any truth to the ev-reducing feature of super training? also was it possible to increase Iv? are Ivs maximized in wi-fi battles? Is the ev-reducing berries obtainable ingame and if so how much of a pain is it to farm them?

That would be the best thing they could ever do for competitive battlers... I hope they did something to have max IVs in Wifi battles easier...
When PokemonBank launches there will be lots of cheated flaweless Pokemon in XY and that is just unfair if you don't have flawless Pokemon...

Erchamion

apparently they are not maximized it was confirmed on smogon earlier it seems... well it seemed unlikely anyways...

@Vaizel
the only thing Ivs determine anyways are how good at battling your pokemon is, a "genetic manipulation" feature would save a lot of time

@Hasty Jynx
Yeah the majority of pokemon used competitivly are probably cheated anyways, such a feature would reduce hacking for sure

Last edited:

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
So the rumors of being able to raise your Pokemon stats to max IV's are squashed?

Erchamion

So the rumors of being able to raise your Pokemon stats to max IV's are squashed?

in wi-fi battles yes (why didn't they make this an option I mean they have level adjustments so you can have a fair fight regardless of the level of your pokemon so why not iv adjustments)

when it comes to if its possible in super training no one has confirmed it yet (at least that I know of right now)

Eutus

Loveable Scoundrel
My heart fluttered to the idea of wifi battles having maxed IVs. Then I considered how wasted that would make some of the time spent breeding out one that was perfect or "good enough". However with bank doing hack checks I think that will even things out and make raising a solid iv/ev that much more satisfying.

Does anyone know of a comparative guide for differences in Ev and Iv's from 5th gen to 6th? Or at least how exp share effects effort point distribution?

Arcanineblitz

Can you decrease unwanted ev's ? I heard you get to super train early but i want every ev to count on my pokemon.

saldu

Can you decrease unwanted ev's ? I heard you get to super train early but i want every ev to count on my pokemon.
You get Super Train before the very first battle in the game.

Halle

I've very uncertain about how i want IV's to turn out, one part of me wants it to be easy and the other one takes pride in having quite a lot of legitamete almost perfect iv pokemon ( I usually settled with not having perfect on the one attack type I didn't use..). Hopefully it has been made easier at least to get perfect IVs, cause as a lot of ppl have been talking about the fact that a lot of competative pokemon are hacked and it would be fun if they made it possible to be competative without cheating.

Jaqe

Yes, I just finished super training EV Braixen and got reset bag which resets all EV. :)

Really happy about that as she got some random EVs on the way.

saldu

Yes, I just finished super training EV Braixen and got reset bag which resets all EV. :)

Really happy about that as she got some random EVs on the way.

I wonder if we only receive the reset bag when we fill the ev meter in super training, or also via regular battles.

By the way @ super training.
I noticed that different pokemon have different types of balls that they shoot.
For example, my froakie shoots single balls which do fully charged about 160 damage.
My Pikachu shoots machinegun-style balls and each only deals 10 damage, while charged do 30. Couldn't finish Tier 2 Speed & Special Attack with it, too many moving/quickly disappearing targets.
Tier 2 requires 1500 points, btw.

Jaqe

Will have to super train later to check that. Feeling like we get it each time we finish EVs but I might be wrong.

My Vivilion uses machinegun-style as well. They have different power-up attacks too.

DANB0

Unknown Trainer
Might be a better idea to save Super Training for later on in the game when you have a better idea of what your Pokemon's base stats are. Wouldn't wanna Atk EV train a Pokemon with a strong SpAtk and low Atk.

Rakurai

We already have a good idea of what virtually every new Pokemon's stats are like thanks to Smogon.

Jaqe

Might be a better idea to save Super Training for later on in the game when you have a better idea of what your Pokemon's base stats are. Wouldn't wanna Atk EV train a Pokemon with a strong SpAtk and low Atk.

Agreed. I did it with Braixen as Smogon posted her stats by now. Was curious if you can reset them, now I can play without worrying.

Fairy Jon

I wonder why they don't just remove IVs in general. It just makes training, breeding and battling that much more difficult (and not in a fun way). I don't see why they couldn't have implemented a mini-game to affect the typing of HP or even the IVs. (As another user said up top a genetic manipulation machine (one you carry on your person) would have been viable and should have been implemented.)

This is why some people use hacked Pokemon in the first place.

Cingen

How exactly do you get the EV reset thing? I've been hitting the punching bag for an hour and still no luck..

Also, how many levels of super training are there? I just cleared the third and got no other ones, but I recall someone saying there are 6?

Edit: I just read that these extra levels are the secret levels you unlock by getting all medals.

However, I got all 18 medals and still can't do these secret levels? Any tips?

Last edited:

Erchamion

Yes how do you get the reset bag? I finshed ev-training my fennekin and I didn't notice any...
EDIT never mind just found out you needed to clear all different lv 1 training regimens

also does anyone know what you get for completing all secret super training regimens the game mentioned power beyond fully trained (full ev) do they mean Iv?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.