• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cingen

Yes how do you get the reset bag? I finshed ev-training my fennekin and I didn't notice any...
EDIT never mind just found out you needed to clear all different lv 1 training regimens

also does anyone know what you get for completing all secret super training regimens the game mentioned power beyond fully trained (full ev) do they mean Iv?!?

What exactly happened when you cleared all level one regimens? I cleared all AND got medals and still no bag..

Erchamion

Oh apparently you don't get the ev-reset bag for clearing first level, I was misinformed it seems so how do you get it

Heiach

I had a question I'd like to place at the feet of the Ev training masters:

This is the first game where I will try out EV training.. I understand it as well as I can without actually doing but my question is..
Since I'll be starting the game tomorrow with presumably a single level 5 pokemon and soon-after, a couple level 3s.. I'm worried about getting pointless EVs for my starter pokemon.. I'm gonna be fighting gen 6's versions of Rattatas and pigeys.. which'll mess up my evs no end.. so what do I do?

Do I flee any battle with a pokemon I don't want EVS from (or get a chump pokemon I don't intend for my main team to kill it so I'll still have the levels needed to progress in the game).. or

Do I just suck up the bad evs until I get to a point in the game where I can start to properly EV train and berry the evs away again?

Rakurai

You would want to avoid fighting any Pokemon with undesirable EVs.

However, Super Training makes it so you can now feasibly fully EV train your Pokemon before you even get to the first gym, and gets around the issue of unwanted EVs.

It also allows you to complete reset a Pokemon's EVs, as well.

Heiach

Yes. It was confirmed on smogon yesterday. Now the pokemon we use in the campaign will actually be useable post-E4 :D

Sorry I missed this on my first read-through of this thread.

So does that mean I can min-max all 252 points in say, Spatk and SpDef and the spare couple in HP all before I've even been in a single battle?

Heiach

You would want to avoid fighting any Pokemon with undesirable EVs.

However, Super Training makes it so you can now feasibly fully EV train your Pokemon before you even get to the first gym, and gets around the issue of unwanted EVs.

It also allows you to complete reset a Pokemon's EVs, as well.

Wow thanks for such a fast reply..

This is amazing news! Thank you very much!

Rakurai

More or less.

It could take a while, though...

Heiach

One more question for now. There isn't a list of gen 6 pokemon and their EVs out yet (if there is, please do link!), so do I just avoid fighting/KOing any gen 6 pokemon just in case.. and stick to gen 5 and below?

Cingen

One more question for now. There isn't a list of gen 6 pokemon and their EVs out yet (if there is, please do link!), so do I just avoid fighting/KOing any gen 6 pokemon just in case.. and stick to gen 5 and below?

Honestly, I'd end up just EVing with Super Training before killing anything, it's what I did to my Froakie. He's a juggernaut now.

Rio!

Composer
I knwo we'll now be able to see EVs in game, but is there anyways to view IVs as well?

It would honestly be a bit better if Pokemon could just be breed with Max IVs or whatever already OR make it so you can tell VISUALLY what it's currently at and improve/take away points respectively.

Heiach

Honestly, I'd end up just EVing with Super Training before killing anything, it's what I did to my Froakie. He's a juggernaut now.

So before even getting going with any of the game or main story, you EV'ed your starter?.. Sweet... how long will it take to do please?

Last edited:

Bluemage21

So the max EV that can go into 1 one stat is now 252, wasn't it 255 in B/W?

It probably is 255, but going to 255 is pointless as those 3 points do nothing at all.

Heiach

It still is 255, but I believe the prefered competitive distribution is 252, 252 and 2.. wasting only 2 evs...

Bluemage21

It still is 255, but I believe the prefered competitive distribution is 252, 252 and 2.. wasting only 2 evs...

actually 252, 252, 4, with 2 waste (max is 510) and that is generally only for sweepers or very one-sided walls.

Heiach

Apologies, I am still new at this... but thanks for clearing that up.

Does anyone know how long it takes to super train your starter at the very start of the game before you even get into a single combat?

Status
Not open for further replies.