• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cingen

So before even getting going with any of the game or main story, you EV'ed your starter?.. Sweet... how long will it take to do please?

It all depends on how good you are at the minigames tbh, but shouldn't take more than 2 hours :) It sounds like a long time, but the minigames are actually fun so it isn't too bad...

It probably is 255, but going to 255 is pointless as those 3 points do nothing at all.

I just super trained my MewTwo, i counted as i did it and i maxed out its Sp.Atk at 252 so i think they changed it. (or i counted wrong lol)

saldu

I did all 6 categories since I didn't feel like resetting for a good nature anyways because I got a female froakie on my first try and didn't know if there was a Ditto in the game....anyways!

I unlocked training tier 2 after I did all 6 tier 1 balloons.
Can you even activate tier 2 without doing all courses?
Or did you grind out EVs with just tier 1?

Puma Italia

Now I legitimately have to consider whether or not to EV train my starter before progressing with the rest of the game. Hmm...

That's convenient if they cap EVs off at 252 now.

ImpendingChaos

I'm glad to hear how useful this Super Training is, and that you can fully EV-train a Pokémon practically the second you get it. Do you have the chance to before you have your first starter battle?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'm glad to hear how useful this Super Training is, and that you can fully EV-train a Pokémon practically the second you get it. Do you have the chance to before you have your first starter battle?

Yes, it's available from the start of the game.

Bluemage21

Is it possible to check Ivs with super training? I would love to use EV trained pokemon and be able to use them competitively, but without good IVs it will be a lot harder.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
It would honestly be a bit better if Pokemon could just be breed with Max IVs or whatever already OR make it so you can tell VISUALLY what it's currently at and improve/take away points respectively.

N's pokemon can help with those IV breeding problems as they all have perfect/ near perfect IV's in all stats.

BlackAngel

Eevee Enthusiast
Any confirmation if this 'super training' can indeed raise a Pokemon with a poor IV to match a Pokemon with a 31 IV and 252 effort points? So basically can a Pokemon break the 252 effort point barrier if they don't have a 31 IV? Thanks.

ImpendingChaos

Won't you get unnecessary Defense EVs the first time you use Super Training? I saw in a video where it sort of had a tutorial making you participate in a Defense regimen before unlocking the other five.

Rakurai

Just catch a defensive Pokemon and use it for the tutorial.

Floette

Fennekin
Is it definitely confirmed that you can Super Train before the first battle of the game? I'd like to max my Fennekin's EVs before playing. And I know this was asked but I haven't seen a definitive answer yet so will we be able to view IV's?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Having tried Super Training, wow this is stupid. I'll stick to my grinding, thanks.

Hitting the punching bags on the bottom screen's been cool for me, though. I like improving some of my stats a little in-game while I'm just riding around, talking to NPCs and whatnot.

Last edited:

saldu

Just got a Dawn Stone from Secret Super Training Tier 2, from the Gallade balloon.

RNG_Reporter

Won't you get unnecessary Defense EVs the first time you use Super Training? I saw in a video where it sort of had a tutorial making you participate in a Defense regimen before unlocking the other five.

This is why I caught a random pokemon and made it do the practice tutorials.

Then my Froakie did the ones I actual wanted to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.