• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

deequake

hi, just a noob question. does the dark inner areas in the super training status screen represent the pokemon's IV? because i've been trying to SR torchic for a jolly one, and i noticed that its ST status (the inner dark area) does not seem to change. even though its characteristic changes every time i reset.

Last edited:

RNG_Reporter

I don't believe it is. But it's possible. I think it's more of a guide on what stat you should be Super Training. So new users get an idea of what their Pokemon is best at.

Also. Anyone who has trained to 252. Does it tell you when you hit the 252 mark, or do you keep going aimlessly? Don't wanna waste hours maxing out a stat that I already maxed out.

deequake

^ oh i see. thanks.

Aurath8

hi, just a noob question. does the dark inner areas in the super training status screen represent the pokemon's IV? because i've been trying to SR torchic for a jolly one, and i noticed that its ST status (the inner dark area) does not seem to change. even though its characteristic changes every time i reset.

If the characteristic changes then the IVs must change as well. That dark inner area must be the base stats.

saldu

I don't believe it is. But it's possible. I think it's more of a guide on what stat you should be Super Training. So new users get an idea of what their Pokemon is best at.

Also. Anyone who has trained to 252. Does it tell you when you hit the 252 mark, or do you keep going aimlessly? Don't wanna waste hours maxing out a stat that I already maxed out.

It tells you. Also can't use a bag on it if it's maxed. And the yellow pointer on the mainscreen will touch the edge.

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait

You'll be getting +0 every time you train at a maxed out stat. That's how you know.

RNG_Reporter

Sounds good. Thanks a lot.

TRG

For anyone wondering how long it takes to fully EV train your starter right from the start it took me around 2 hours to fully EV train my Chespin's atk/def.

At first that may seem like a long time but compared to how long it would have taken if I grinded on wild Pokemon instead at level 5 I would have been EV training for at least another 3-4 hours.

Plus if you unlock tier 3 minigames with your starter it will make EV training for the rest of your team go much faster.

Bluemage21

Anyone have any idea on how to check ivs for the starter?

arapokeyugioh

Master Mentalist
Are Super Training and Core training separate things? Also let's say I want to raise Froakie is speed and attack, should I hold off super training, and just abuse the ev boosting punching bags after I unlocked them?

Mario C

I wonder how rare the Reset Bag is, I just got one punching the regular one with my Pikachu.

Floette

Fennekin
I wonder how rare the Reset Bag is, I just got one punching the regular one with my Pikachu.

I've been doing ST for two hours, only found one (which I wasted on accident) I'm currently looking for another (such a pain) So I can get rid of 4 defense EV's on my Fennekin >_> Is there a way to just remove those small amount of EV's?

RNG_Reporter

Berries from old generations lol.

Also. No the punching bag and ST games both help boost EVs.

Just fully Super trained my Gible, 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 HP. So its 510 EV's. Also after i maxed out my Gible i hit the black training bag and got a Reset Bag so maybe you get one everytime you full train a pokemon.

Last edited:

saldu

Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Thunder Trainer
I saw new Characteristics and only have any idea what Characteristics goes for the stats?

Griever789

Hey off hand in the first few routes what gives atk ev? I screwed up and used a small bag on torchic giving it one ev point, but considering I'm doing it in sets of 4 it will screw up by giving me an extra ev point I won't need.

Oao

Ok this is weird I was just super training and a team flare bag just appeared randomly. Dpes anybody know what it does?

RNG_Reporter

Use the L trigger for boosted shots. And also. Just tap like crazy.

I agree Aero was annoying. But Froakie and I are killing it. Record times at 2:42 ; someone try to beat that.

Level 2 Speed.

Magneton is pretty easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.