• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNG_Reporter

Eh.. that's interesting.. yes you can reset the EVs to 0, but idk how it would gain them back.. since it cant level up.

Electidoom

The pokemon's stat changes if it has EVs added to it at level 100 if you put it in the PC. At least, that's how it was for Black and White.

Okay, few. Thank the lord. I never ev trained my shiny houndoom, and now that its got a mega evolution, I really wanted to put it on my team. Thanks!

ImpendingChaos

Think I'll go with an Adamant Talonflame and max out Attack and Speed, then remainder to HP.

XD Mewtwo

Void#ZX0
Super Training seems disappointing to me right now, I'm apparently not receiving the right amount of EVs from using this, I used my lv 50 Delphox, Blastoise, and Tyrantrum in this just now, and the Evs I'm getting aren't right. Either level 50 isn't high enough to see 4 EV stat increases, or Super Training gives less EVs than it claims, I should of gotten a 2 point increase for Sp Atk for my Blastoise but only got one, and 1 point increase for HP did nothing for my Blastoise, and according to the meter, I'm only half or a little more for Blastoise total EVs, about 252 or more, randomly spread out from gameplay.

Snimo

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question, does it matter what level I perform super training on my pokemon.

A quick example, I have a level 40 blaziken, if I use a reset bag on him and then super train him for speed and attack, will his stats be the same as if I’d ev trained him like that since level 1?

Cheers,
Snimo

saldu

Super Training seems disappointing to me right now, I'm apparently not receiving the right amount of EVs from using this, I used my lv 50 Delphox, Blastoise, and Tyrantrum in this just now, and the Evs I'm getting aren't right. Either level 50 isn't high enough to see 4 EV stat increases, or Super Training gives less EVs than it claims, I should of gotten a 2 point increase for Sp Atk for my Blastoise but only got one, and 1 point increase for HP did nothing for my Blastoise, and according to the meter, I'm only half or a little more for Blastoise total EVs, about 252 or more, randomly spread out from gameplay.

4 EVs = +1 of that stat on a lvl 100 pokemon.
As such, on lvl 50, you will see either 0 or 1 from 4 EVs.
If 0, the next 4 EVs will be 1.

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question, does it matter what level I perform super training on my pokemon.

A quick example, I have a level 40 blaziken, if I use a reset bag on him and then super train him for speed and attack, will his stats be the same as if I’d ev trained him like that since level 1?

Cheers,
Snimo

Yes, absolutely the same.

Bluemage21

They do not add up right away, some points are added through leveling up or at the end of battles. They make the biggest difference at level 100.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I think super EV training is a pretty good concept while you work to get the power items (assuming they exist in the game's coding).
Though some Pokemon have a bad handle on the ball making it impossible...
Anywho has anyone figured out how the IV breeding works this gen? Is it the same as it is in HG/SS/BW/B2/W2?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
DO we have an iv calculator? up yet and is a jolly Tyrantrum viable?

No we don't.

It is good. Its speed is not that great so you might need Rock Polish.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
So, I can only get a Dusk Stone for my Doublade by using Super Training correctly? Great, I'll never be able to find one... Super Training is honestly confusing to me. ._.

Hypnosis

I found a Dusk Stone at the Terminus Cave and I have seven badges. Don't know if I used the Itemfinder to find it, but it's there.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
@Crimson
It is a shame indeed. ._.

@Hypnosis
Oh, really? Awesome, thanks for the info. :D

MegaAbsol

Is any other left handed person struggling with Super Training? Also does anyone know if settings can be changed for left handers?

I also want to ask if there is any IV breeding changes, since I'm starting to breed now.

Crimson_Blazer

I found a Dusk Stone at the Terminus Cave and I have seven badges. Don't know if I used the Itemfinder to find it, but it's there.
7 badges? Aw yeah I'm on my way to confirm
Is any other left handed person struggling with Super Training? Also does anyone know if settings can be changed for left handers?

I also want to ask if there is any IV breeding changes, since I'm starting to breed now.

Yeah being a lefty sucks. We always have to adapt to the right hand elitists lol

MSK

Hell Yeah, there I am hitting the goals when all of a sudden they launch an attack an I'm no way quick enough to swap hands and move out of the way, bang all my points gone!!! So So frustrating :(

Grumpy Drizzle

I'm left handed and I managed to get a gold medal in every secret training. It takes a while to get used to but it's far from difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.