• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNG_Reporter

So did I. Until I realized I can float up and down as well. Plus don't shoot while moving if you can't handle their speed. It slows you down.

Plus using the L trigger once will shield from a ball

tquinnhunsaker

magneton has homing soccer balls so when he fires try to notice what side he is shooting and go the opposite direction

are you using charged shots

Thank you both! I have awful aim, so I don't use charged shots too much. But should I?
And is it good to stay farther away?
Also forgot to mention that I'm EV training my starter without having done anything except battling Shauna first, so I'm not getting a lot of points per goal. Not sure if that makes a difference.

RNG_Reporter

Then stay at lvl 1 for a while. its the best bet. until you get a lot of punching bags and start hitting strong numbers.

+4 is good.

Cross_Thunder_Zekrom

Is there any way to decrease EVs only in specific stats? I don't think I have any of the berries.

This is one of my concern if anyone have come across any of the barries that reduce base stats through finding in wild or mutation planting.

Puma Italia

Does the Reset Bag affect all EVs or only specific stats? Also where do you find it? I don't want to have to completely EV train Pokemon again if I don't have to.

noli

How are the number of points per hit determined.

My Tyrantrum hits for 700 points and Aegislash for 300. (that was at time both were nearly gully ev trainined)

saldu

This is one of my concern if anyone have come across any of the barries that reduce base stats through finding in wild or mutation planting.

I got a -def EV berry mutation from my first 2 trees I ever planted.
However, I still have to find a way to grow more than 1 from it.
Maybe need some specific mulch, or maybe I didn't water enough, or maybe I harvested too late.

Cross_Thunder_Zekrom

I found a couple,one through mutation.

Ah they still exist in the game. they are handy for to avoid using a reset bag to completely erase all the works done to one pokemon due to some unwanted distributed EVs in other stats than the one you wanted. I wonder Reset bag being "very rare" is actually very rare... Either i extremely lucky in getting half a dozen of it or it is rare as double up bags from hitting the empty bag ._.
But really, I am glad they not are to get.

Bluemage21

How did u check IVs? pls pls

For Yvetal? Smogon has the max neutral stat for it at level 50 on the Yvetal page in one of the XY threads.

noli

Why does my Sylveon are Aegislash get only 200ish points per hit but Tyrantrum 600..

I mean on the balloon pokemon makes it so much slower to Ev train them

saldu

Why does my Sylveon are Aegislash get only 200ish points per hit but Tyrantrum 600..

I mean on the balloon pokemon makes it so much slower to Ev train them

Because Tyrantrum's shot type moves much slower.
Took me about 50 minutes to fully EV my Tyrunt and about 45 minutes to fully EV my Sylveon.

Status
Not open for further replies.