• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
So what's the average time to EV train a Pokemon? I'm usually getting 40-50 minutes.

For Yvetal? Smogon has the max neutral stat for it at level 50 on the Yvetal page in one of the XY threads.

could you PM me the link for that??

lucario572

Oyashiro-sama
hidden power has nothing to do with typing it depends on your pokemons hidden iv's to determine the type of hidden power it will produce if that helps...

I know that it depends on the IV but what I mean was if someone found how to distribute the stats of IV, because the fairy type is new and each type depends on how the IV is distributed. got it? ;D

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
If I want to increase my Aegislash's Attack while it's in Blade Forme, do I increase its Defense EVs in Super Training or its Attack? The Formes definitely screw with my understanding of that...

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
If I want to increase my Aegislash's Attack while it's in Blade Forme, do I increase its Defense EVs in Super Training or its Attack? The Formes definitely screw with my understanding of that...

You'd go for Attack. The Stances of Aegislash calculate base stats in the same way other Pokemon Formes do.

saldu

I'm pretty sure attack would be the correct choice.
After all, it only alters the base stats and EVs are an absolute bonus.

crazedgamer111

I just got a Rash Charmander from Prof. Sycamore! What should I focus on in Super Training? Attack and Special Attack? Btw, I got Charizardite X.

Also, quick question, the stats you add up in Super Training should equal 500 if the Pokémon is maxed, correct?

I just got a Rash Charmander from Prof. Sycamore! What should I focus on in Super Training? Attack and Special Attack? Btw, I got Charizardite X.

Also, quick question, the stats you add up in Super Training should equal 500 if the Pokémon is maxed, correct?

4 hp, 252 spatk, 252 speed
4 hp, 252 atk, 252 speed
128 atk, 128 spatk, 252 speed

Mega charizard X has huge attack and special attack, and since it's rash you could utilize both attacks. mega charizard X has a higher special attack, but its physical attack has taken on a huge increase, and with its new ability (which powers up physical moves) its physical attack can be much better than its special. I'd try to put some in his physical attack because of his ability, even if youre running a special attack nature. 128 atk, 128 spatk, 252 speed might be a good spread for this. 4 hp, 252 atk, 252 speed would be good too because your nature is already boosting your special attack. this way both your attack and special attack are going to deal huge damage. 4 hp, 252 spatk, 252 speed works well too since his ability is boosting his physical attack, both your attacks are still dealing good damage. this is just my opinion, im sure there someone on here whos got more competitive knowledge than me and can crunch down the numbers just right. as long as i have a functional EV spread im happy. i chose adamant nature for my charmander, i want that huge physical attack. the IVs are decent, but any pokemon from gen 1-5 wont really matter once pokebank and poketransfer hit the app store. I havent trained any 6th gen pokemon yet except my starter. Im waiting for 1) base stats to be revealed 2) a 6th gen IV calculator 3) my flawless dittos from my 5th gen files so i can IV breed all my 6th gen pokemon ^_^

Last edited:

Copie

Nothing Special
So, based on the Serebii calculator, my Charmeleon has such bad IVs it might as well have none. @_@ Really, really poor.

Disappointing to say the least. But, looks like I'll need to breed for IVs. Has anyone taken the time to really dive into this yet? Is the method the same as other games? I have never IV-bred myself, but I've read about it and understand how. Hopefully its similar (or easier) in X and Y.

So, based on the Serebii calculator, my Charmeleon has such bad IVs it might as well have none. @_@ Really, really poor.

Disappointing to say the least. But, looks like I'll need to breed for IVs. Has anyone taken the time to really dive into this yet? Is the method the same as other games? I have never IV-bred myself, but I've read about it and understand how. Hopefully its similar (or easier) in X and Y.

IV breeding should be the same. Im checking all IVs for pkmn from gen 1-5. honestly, if you have good pokemon from 5th gen, then it wont really matter because youll be able to transfer in december. if youre starting fresh this gen and have no flawless or near flawless pkmn to breed with, then i might SR for a better charmander ( which is a chore since you have to battle the professor first ) I got decent IVs for my charmander, i soft reset for a couple days... but like i said, i got 3 flawless charizards on blk2 waiting to come to kalos lol. theres really no point to waste time SRing for something i already have lol

Copie

Nothing Special
IV breeding should be the same. Im checking all IVs for pkmn from gen 1-5. honestly, if you have good pokemon from 5th gen, then it wont really matter because youll be able to transfer in december. if youre starting fresh this gen and have no flawless or near flawless pkmn to breed with, then i might SR for a better charmander ( which is a chore since you have to battle the professor first ) I got decent IVs for my charmander, i soft reset for a couple days... but like i said, i got 3 flawless charizards on blk2 waiting to come to kalos lol. theres really no point to waste time SRing for something i already have lol

Ah, I'm well into the game now. Seems like I'm better off Ditto breeding at this point. I have no Flawless Pokemon from previous gens, this will be the first that I'm going to take seriously despite playing them all. I've finally decided after 15 years of Pokemon to try some of the post-game challenges, online stuff, etc.

So off to the wrong start, but so be it I guess. I did Soft Reset for Charmander, but really just for a nature. Didn't know of any way to test the IVs of a level 10 (no rare candies) so I didn't think it was feasible. How would one go about testing IVs while SRing at such low level?

Also, just a tip if you're ever going through the motions again, if you have a full party when you battle the Professor, he asks you to deposit a Pokemon before he gives you your starter. Say no. You then can leave the lab (post battle), deposit a Pokemon, save your game, and then SR without having to battle him each time. I did this, and it definitely does change the stats of the Pokemon he gives you.

Looks like I need to start catching 31 IV Dittos...

ysmr97

does anyone have a good EV spread for Skrelp/Dragudge? PM me if you do

Bluemage21

Is it ok if i add my adamant charizard's EV to 252 special attack and 252 speed with the remaining 4 to special defense?

Go physical attack instead of special, adamant increases attack by 10% and decreases special attack by 10%

Cross_Thunder_Zekrom

Is it ok if i add my adamant charizard's EV to 252 special attack and 252 speed with the remaining 4 to special defense?

Unless you playing X version for Mega Carizard X ,I'd go 252 to ATk and Speed then 4 to HP or whatever otherwise if you going for Special Attack oriented, then I'll suggest you hold onto it to breed with Ditto for Rash/Modest nature for it.

Ah, I'm well into the game now. Seems like I'm better off Ditto breeding at this point. I have no Flawless Pokemon from previous gens, this will be the first that I'm going to take seriously despite playing them all. I've finally decided after 15 years of Pokemon to try some of the post-game challenges, online stuff, etc.

So off to the wrong start, but so be it I guess. I did Soft Reset for Charmander, but really just for a nature. Didn't know of any way to test the IVs of a level 10 (no rare candies) so I didn't think it was feasible. How would one go about testing IVs while SRing at such low level?

Also, just a tip if you're ever going through the motions again, if you have a full party when you battle the Professor, he asks you to deposit a Pokemon before he gives you your starter. Say no. You then can leave the lab (post battle), deposit a Pokemon, save your game, and then SR without having to battle him each time. I did this, and it definitely does change the stats of the Pokemon he gives you.

Looks like I need to start catching 31 IV Dittos...

well level 10 isnt too low actually. at that level you can actually get a good idea of what the IVs will be like. now, level 5 starter is too low if you ask me. I just soft reset till i get the nature i want, or one thats relevant, and i use serebii's IV calculator to get a good idea of what im working with. i usually SR for a while, but if youre haveing no luck for a while then you might want to take what you can get lol. I usually get really lucky though, i once SR for suicune and on my 10th attempt i got a timid suicune with 25/22/28/31/31/31. no synchronizer either lol.
man, if i had known about that when i was SRing charmander then i might have spent more time SRing...or less time? lol thanks for the tip. ill def do that on my Y version.
if you want to add me, i can give you some flawless dittos on your 5th gen file. i actually have a lot of extra flawless and shinys you can have for when you transfer to 6th gen. up to you, i dont mind. you should give me a modest skrelp ;)

Well initially I was I thought of putting my ev into special attack so I can troll my opponent into thinking I'm going to play physical attacking mega charizard x. Guess this doesn't work right?

RNG_Reporter

I never look at IVs from a calculator. It makes me judge my Pokemon that I use.. and start wishing they were "probably" better than they really are.

I like having my Pokemon not be great, and not knowing what isn't great.. they're my dudes :/

----------

For my Sylveon [like everyone else in the world who is using this very popular Pokemon], I'm assuming max sp def and max sp atk is what is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.