• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, can somebody tell me what the IV guy says when my pokemon has a flawless stat?

Typically if he says "This Pokemon has superior stats over all" the stat he says typically have 30 if not 31 in them.

tipton87

Eevee Master

Bluemage21

Typically if he says "This Pokemon has superior stats over all" the stat he says typically have 30 if not 31 in them.

When he says a stat "simply can't be beat" that means that stat(s) are 31, the best thing he can say is the pokemon is "outstanding" which means most of the ivs are 20+ if not all of them and it has a least 1 or 2 31's

Bramble

I was looking through my Pokemon's Characteristics...and I've noticed a characteristic I've never seen before. The characteristic says "Takes plenty of siestas". Seems interesting.

Rhonder

i find supertraing worthless most of the time tbh.

horde 5 mareep + pokerus + power item = 50 spatk ev per battle.
have 5 pokemons with you who need spatk ev, have exp share enabled, and you have those trained in less than 10 minutes lol.

Yeah... I mean I don't have all the power items or pokerus yet, but I definitely agree xD Super Training's a cool concept, but I find doing the 3rd level stages (that give 12 EVS) to be extremely difficult to do with fresh pokemon. It could be that I just suck at it, but I can't wait to try out Horde EV training xD It seems like "super" training in and of itself.

Jamriqayn

When he says a stat "simply can't be beat" that means that stat(s) are 31, the best thing he can say is the pokemon is "outstanding" which means most of the ivs are 20+ if not all of them and it has a least 1 or 2 31's

Thanks a bunch. :)

WarWeeny

Alright, that's two instances. . .
What about Victory Road? Route 16?
With the x2 bags coupled with the reward of an L bag after the minigame, I personally have to disagree with you.
Perhaps that's just me.
In that same time you fought those 5 Zubat, I did Speed Super training with a x2 bag and got 24 EVs.
33 battles VS 20 minutes of Super Training? I'll do the super Training.

i only had 2 2x bags in my whole supertraining stuff, those things are rare as hell. i even get more reset bags lol.
so that isnt a viable reason to opt for super trainig vs horde training.

you get at least 25 ev's per battle with a power item equiped so it would be 10 battles vs 20 minutes super training, i know hat i am choosing lol

only 2 instances yeah, but i am finding the spots, already found a place with only tentacools, spdef training, for defence go to the glimmering cave for infinite dwebbles and rocknrolla.
i only need to find a place with good atk stats and i have found my 6 places to train for ev.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
got a question, any section on where the horde encounters are and what pokemon there could be in? (mareep on route x, gulpin on route x etc)
i think this method would be alot faster than supertraining even without pokerus and power items.
especially if you are minigame-handicapped like me :(

Bulbapedia has a working list of what Pokemon are found on what Kalos routes. It's still inaccurate (I found a Swirlix on a route that Bulbapedia doesn't list it on), but so far I've found that the lists of Horde encounters have been pretty complete. So you could try that.

i only had 2 2x bags in my whole supertraining stuff, those things are rare as hell. i even get more reset bags lol.
so that isnt a viable reason to opt for super trainig vs horde training.

you get at least 25 ev's per battle with a power item equiped so it would be 10 battles vs 20 minutes super training, i know hat i am choosing lol

only 2 instances yeah, but i am finding the spots, already found a place with only tentacools, spdef training, for defence go to the glimmering cave for infinite dwebbles and rocknrolla.
i only need to find a place with good atk stats and i have found my 6 places to train for ev.

Well, mine works the exact opposite of yours.
I have a plethora of x2 bags, and hardly have any Reset bags. So, it's still quite viable.
Do what you want, I couldn't care less.
But saying it would be faster, in some cases, isn't necessarily right.
Just like how you can only sometimes get x2 bags, maybe I can only sometimes get the right mon in my hordes.

Alli

With the new Breeding Mechanics one could "just" catch a Ditto with perfect IVs and then get all your Pokémon with perfect IVs! The problem is catching that first Ditto with perfect IVs.

With the new Breeding Mechanics one could "just" catch a Ditto with perfect IVs and then get all your Pokémon with perfect IVs! The problem is catching that first Ditto with perfect IVs.

Yea, that's an easy task innit?
However, I'm loving the new Destiny knot mechanic. Very helpful.

akiratron

Regards to breeding

If one Poke has Destiny knot and the other holds a power item
Will the power item pass on the IV indefinite?

Skill

I have an adamant Pyroar, and I decided to see how long it would take to max out a couple stats from a clean slate. Took just under an hour total. I chose ATK SPD and dumped the rest into HP.

I think from a fresh start an hour is pretty average. Although I would like to know if there is any correlation to the time you get in the soccer ball training and the bag you get. I would often break my own record, but still be rewarded with a measly +1 bag, while other times I would just get a gold medal, missing my record by a few seconds, and get a +12 bag. Odd.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I was wondering when you get access to Super Training since I heard that you got to it before your first battle but I couldn't do any Super Training before the forced battle with Shauna.

WarWeeny

safari zone, always 2 31iv ditto

deequake

just a noob question, which has more benefits? nature or IV? i know it's still the best to have them good at both. but i still don't have the patience to look for good IV pokemon yet. is having a good IV more beneficial than having good nature?

just a noob question, which has more benefits? nature or IV? i know it's still the best to have them good at both. but i still don't have the patience to look for good IV pokemon yet. is having a good IV more beneficial than having good nature?

I'd say nature, it's a much bigger portion that's different.

Status
Not open for further replies.