• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

Yeah the SpATK one can get annoying at times until you're in the home stretch with EVs. It is the most difficult one IMO but it's not too hard. I find it funny how the Noivern one is easier than Aerodactyl's. I guess it's how the wings flap between the two.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I've been training my Scyther with this and it's awesome, the only problem is I have no one to trade with to make it a scizor...

Almost anyone here will evolve it for you for free. I'll even help you out if you want. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Kirby Phelps (PK)

EarthBound anyone?
Do I have to level up my Pokemon to Lv. 100 to get the full effects of the EVs. Some people I know on another forum said as long as I max out my EVs, I don't have to worry about leveling my Pokemon since most online matches set Pokemon levels to 50 or 100 anyway.

Xostro

Do I have to level up my Pokemon to Lv. 100 to get the full effects of the EVs. Some people I know on another forum said as long as I max out my EVs, I don't have to worry about leveling my Pokemon since most online matches set Pokemon levels to 50 or 100 anyway.

Once you max out your EVs, Your lvl will determine how much of a increase you will get. If you max them out early you don't have to worry about your pokemon getting tainted from battling pokemon with EVs you don't want increased.

HollowZard

Hello there! x3
I'm thinking about starting super training, how do I unlock everything I need? Also should I make a Modest Froakie or a Timid one?

I don't really know if this is the place to post but I'm super training an Adament Tyranitar I got from my sister. What other stats should I EV train other than its Attack? I was thinking either Defense or Sp. Defense?

Rhonder

you good HollowZard i have a few random pokemon i infected with pokerus

If you have spares I'll take one~ my fc is 4167-4566-6656

Rikis

Sure just got a froakie with pokerus

If you still have any pokérus to spare, I'll take one as well please. On my primary 3DS 2723-9667-2805.

chap196

I don't really know if this is the place to post but I'm super training an Adament Tyranitar I got from my sister. What other stats should I EV train other than its Attack? I was thinking either Defense or Sp. Defense?

If you are going to EV train its Defense or Special Defense, I think it it just better to EV train HP. Some people would also EV train Tyranitar's Speed if it is using Dragon Dance.

If you are going to EV train its Defense or Special Defense, I think it it just better to EV train HP. Some people would also EV train Tyranitar's Speed if it is using Dragon Dance.
Alright, thanks. I also checked on the IV checker and he said its greatest potential lies with its HP. I guess with the remainder of EV's I'll do either Defense or Sp. Defense.

PokeAJ

Anything Pokemon that cannot be bred will have three 31 IVs guaranteed (Ditto excluded).
Oh really? Well now I feel less lucky lol. But the one I caught actually has 4 perfect IVs and one nearly perfect so I still got lucky I guess.

ggkiwi

How does the old mechanics help you get better pokemon then?

Using power items only (as was limited in the previous gen IF you even used 2 items per breeding pair), you can only pass 2 stats and then rng hits. With destiny knot, its a total of 5 that can very much be conclusive in creating perfect pokemon if you have perfect parents. It helps a lot in building towards perfect pokemon also. I find it strange that you think this is useless

NiteMareRose

Anyone have a adamant synchronizer???

Last edited:

magentaman

Are there any good attack hordes besides bellsprout on Route 14. It's rainiing there so sweet scent won't work.

Rakurai

It sure is refreshing for it to be so much quicker to get high IV Pokemon.

Took a little over a hour for a Timid Noibat with perfect IVs in everything but Attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.