• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajduk

It sure is refreshing for it to be so much quicker to get high IV Pokemon.

Took a little over a hour for a Timid Noibat with perfect IVs in everything but Attack.

How do you check his scores?
I found the IV judge, but I still need the actual numbers.

Caedo

Shiny Hunter
Are there any good attack hordes besides bellsprout on Route 14. It's rainiing there so sweet scent won't work.

Trevenant at route 20, they also gives 2 evs each :)

Mr. Degradation

Interesting thing of note. If you have 31s, the judge will not comment on 30s. Generally, there is no difference between 30 and 31, but if you're using the judge, be warned.

Rakurai

The IV judge apparently has unique quotes for each of the stats if they happen to have a value of zero.

I guess they really wanted to drive the point home that having zero IVs is bad most of the time (Main exception being for Gyro Ball users who want to be slow as possible).

Ajduk

Alright, figured out that I just need to do a link battle lvl 50 to get the most accurate IV scores :D

My ralts has, on lvl 50:

31/31/31/31/31/29

the other one has:

27/31/31/31/27/31

both timid

killercloud

Alright, figured out that I just need to do a link battle lvl 50 to get the most accurate IV scores :D

My ralts has, on lvl 50:

31/31/31/31/31/29

the other one has:

27/31/31/31/27/31

both timid

How do you know though? What calculator are you using?

Ajduk

Use serebii IV calculator.
Have an wifi match with anybody, set the level to 50 or 100, write down stats and put them into calculator.

killercloud

Is that up to date for sixth gen now or will it be the same because its an older generation pokemon?

magentaman

Every time i finish breeding/training one pokemon i think of at least 2 more i want to try lol. The list keeps growing and growing.

Done - Gyarados, Scizor, Aegislash, Cloyster

To Do - greninja (protean), Salamence, Ferrothorn, Alakazam, reuniclus, Venusaur, Scolipede (speed boost), Weavile

It never stops o_O

foxthree

Question: I have a HP/SpD/Spe 31 Chespin(Jolly), the best way to get 31 in Atk & Def is to then breed my male/female Chespin with an everstone to a 31 Atk Ditto w/Power item? Through this method I can obtain a 31 HP/Atk/SpD/Spe Chespin then do the same thing to finally get the DEF stat?

killercloud

Every time i finish breeding/training one pokemon i think of at least 2 more i want to try lol. The list keeps growing and growing.

Done - Gyarados, Scizor, Aegislash, Cloyster

To Do - greninja (protean), Salamence, Ferrothorn, Alakazam, reuniclus, Venusaur, Scolipede (speed boost), Weavile

It never stops o_O

Where can you catch Scyther? I've wanted to make my own for ages.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
@ Killercloud - http://serebii.net/pokedex-xy/123.shtml Route 21 X and Y

I just have to say that Friend Safari is so awesome for IV's this generation. It really gives that opportunity to feel like you're in control of them. Through careful breeding and capturing, you can now get the pokemon you really want, legitimately, for competitive play.

Take Metang. I got one from a friend safari. Perfect Sp. Attack. Sp. Def, and Speed. Nature raises Sp. Attack in lieu of Attack, so I can train it appropriately to be a special wall/sweeper metagross :D There was no way I could have one of those in the last two gens with this much ease.

killercloud

Excellent thanks I shall hunt one tonight. I didn't know Serebii was up to date for this game yet and can't actually access it at work.

I also didn't know the friend safari could get you good IVs for the 'mon. I think I shall be heading to the 3DS friends code thread this evening to make some new friends :D

Ajduk

Here is my question.
I have a male and female ralts, both with 5 flawless IV scores.

Male has:
HP atk spda spde spe

Female has:
HP def spa spde spe

Is there any way to make the offspring have six flawless IV scores or do I just need to keep breeding them?

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Finally fully EV Trained my Adamant Speed Boost Torchic in HP (6), Attack (252) and Speed (252)!

Now just to get it to Level 100!

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Here is my question.
I have a male and female ralts, both with 5 flawless IV scores.

Male has:
HP atk spda spde spe

Female has:
HP def spa spde spe

Is there any way to make the offspring have six flawless IV scores or do I just need to keep breeding them?
In Pokemon X an Y the item Destiny Knot can now effect the offspring's IVs.
If you let one of the parents hold Destiny Knot while breeding five IV's picked at random from both parents will be given to the offspring. http://www.serebii.net/xy/breeding.shtml
So if you let one Ralts hold the Destiny Knot and the other hold one of the Power items, I'm sure the chance of getting six flawless IV's is very possible.(You'll probably still need to hatch a bunch of eggs btw.)

Last edited:

madfwaz

do the power items still work? as the offspring dont seem to end up with the ivs the parents have. is it only a 50% chance?

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Could someone help me please?

I have a Level 30, Niave, Likes to Thrash About, Protean Frogadier from the Friend Safari!

The IV Checker Guy says it has 'Relatively Superior Potential Overall'

With its 'Best Stat being Attack', and he says his 'Speed Stat is Good too'.

He says (About the Attack and Speed) that 'they simply cannot be beat'.

Is this good, and could someone basically give me my Frogadiers IV total and IVs for Attack and Speed?

Thanks!

EDIT: Just went on MetalKid Gen 6 calculator and...

HP, 16, 17, 18
Att, 31
Def, 0, 1, 2
SpA, 24, 25, 26, 27
SpD, 25, 26, 27
Speed, 30, 31

Is this good for a Frogadier?

Last edited:

AmphyLucky13

Purduuuu Says Amphy
I have a little bit of a problem. I keep getting impossible IVs / not able to calculate IVs on my Raichu. I've been using the MetalKid X/Y IV Calc, and others; and it's not calculating it at all.

Raichu Male

Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas

HP: 115
Atk: 82
Def: 57
SpA: 109
SpD: 84
Spe: 144

HP: Poison

EVs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Apparently it's saying it has to be between 126-140 Spe... Is this a hack, or I am doing something wrong?

saldu

I have a little bit of a problem. I keep getting impossible IVs / not able to calculate IVs on my Raichu. I've been using the MetalKid X/Y IV Calc, and others; and it's not calculating it at all.

Raichu Male

Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas

HP: 115
Atk: 82
Def: 57
SpA: 109
SpD: 84
Spe: 144

HP: Poison

EVs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Apparently it's saying it has to be between 126-140 Spe... Is this a hack, or I am doing something wrong?

Raichu got its Basestats changed in Gen 6, thus the calc will give wrong results.

Status
Not open for further replies.