• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bign0se

Been playing Y for about 3 days now and have 6 Pokémon on my team infected with pokérus. Is this as rare as previous games?

It definitely seems like pokerus, as shiny pokemon and perfect IV pokemon are a lot easier to encounter in X/Y. First I thought it was just this world-wide release with more people reporting it, but last gen was only 2 days apart for europe and america, and there weren't reports like this. I think GameFreak went for an easier experience in these games, when it comes to mindless shiny searching or breeding (or training for that matter, with the new Exp. Share)

magentaman

Finally got a timid protean froakie with 4 perfect IVs, can't be bothered to breed any more so that'll have to be it. Now to ev it :)

Mega Typhlosion

I have a question... if I give Destiny Knot to a female, will the offspring inherit 5 IV's from the mother? Or does it receive 5 IV's chosen at random from both parents?

I have a Hasty Male Ivysaur with 31 Sp.Atk and Speed and a Lax Female Chlorophyll with 31 Def and Sp.Def. I want a Hasty offspring with at least 3 of those 31's. Can I give Destiny Knot to the female and Everstone to the male to get it like I want?

magentaman

I have a question... if I give Destiny Knot to a female, will the offspring inherit 5 IV's from the mother? Or does it receive 5 IV's chosen at random from both parents?

I have a Hasty Male Ivysaur with 31 Sp.Atk and Speed and a Lax Female Chlorophyll with 31 Def and Sp.Def. I want a Hasty offspring with at least 3 of those 31's. Can I give Destiny Knot to the female and Everstone to the male to get it like I want?

The 5 inherited come from either parent so it can work as you want. It may well take a good few tries though

Anthonee

It definitely seems like pokerus, as shiny pokemon and perfect IV pokemon are a lot easier to encounter in X/Y. First I thought it was just this world-wide release with more people reporting it, but last gen was only 2 days apart for europe and america, and there weren't reports like this. I think GameFreak went for an easier experience in these games, when it comes to mindless shiny searching or breeding (or training for that matter, with the new Exp. Share)

Much appreciated! Are these Pokémon sought after in trades in this gen, or not due to the higher frequency?

Dibut

MSK

Sounds to me like GF have made IV breeding so much easier in order to stop people bothering working out how to RNG. Cos if you have a destiny knot and the power items then you can pretty much guarantee yourself breeding flawless pokemon within a few eggs. Once I can bring my flawless Ditto over from B/W then I'll be on it. Even better that Male's can now pass on DW abilities and Females can pass egg moves. Makes all those hours searching for a specific DW female redundant!! but hey-ho.
Obviously though getting certain Hidden Powers is going to be tougher and getting your perfect mon shiny will still be a game of luck, so maybe RNG won't die just yet.

venomdank

Hey I was wondering if you could help a fellow trainer out. I was wondering what EVs I should use for these pokemon.
Hunter,houndoom,sandslash,charizard, alakazam,uberon and snorlax. thank you :)

Last edited:

magibas

Drragon Trainer
So... after 3 days, I can happily say I have a team of six Pokemon that have near perfect IVs, with natures I wanted, and they are all EV trained to my liking. Now the real pain in the butt will be getting them to level 100. Right now they are all about 25, except my Salamence at level 50. Any suggestions as to where I should train these guys up all the way to level 100?

So... after 3 days, I can happily say I have a team of six Pokemon that have near perfect IVs, with natures I wanted, and they are all EV trained to my liking. Now the real pain in the butt will be getting them to level 100. Right now they are all about 25, except my Salamence at level 50. Any suggestions as to where I should train these guys up all the way to level 100?

try the Battle Chateau when your a Grand Duke(the highest rank) you can vs people lvl 50-80

Rhonder

Does Serebii's IV calculator not work on Gen VI Pokemon yet? I really want to know what IVs my Skrelp has and I haven't finished the game yet so I can't get to the IV checker.

Also, does anyone know where I can get a Figy and Lum berry without getting it randomly from a Route battle? They're the only berries I have left to get to make all of the EV-reducing ones.

Gah, I forget the exact routes, but I found both a Figy and Lum berry while I was out item searching today. I wanna say that one of them was on route 16 (behind some cut trees and surfing area I think) and the other was.... no clue I forgot :X but they're definitely findable from those random trees that'll drop just 1 berry for you to pick up, so yeah if you look around a bit you'll probably find 'em

Been playing Y for about 3 days now and have 6 Pokémon on my team infected with pokérus. Is this as rare as previous games?

/I/ felt like it was just as rare, having to trade for it instead of finding it just like I had to do last generation 8D (my first pokerus was off of a trade in black 2 LOL not sure when pokerus debuted but i've been playing since Blue.) But that being said, I'm also rather unlucky. Didn't find a pikachu in the forest, haven't run into a female combee yet (my friends ran into several of both and were like "yeah these aren't rare, I just got 2 females in a row!" I'm doing berry farming so I fight them pretty frequently in my trees and still have yet to find a female LOL)

SzubaSon

Ok so im probably going to sound dull for not knowing this but is it possible to max ev train a pokemon that is level 100? I have been playing pokemon for a long time (pokemon red was my first video game) but have never ev trained a pokemon but with x i can finally play online so i want to do the best that i can and i know that evs raise the stats alot. Right now my highest lvl is an 80 is it to late to ev train and how does super training work (i know it is the new way to ev train but i haven't used it)? Also i have a modest mew two who i want to be straight Aggro special attack what would be good evs to give him (he is my lvl 80)? And finally if you could pm me the answer that would be great thx.

Last edited:

Azuremein

Hello all, new to the forums and new to competitive Pokemon. Trying my hand at breeding for the perfects 'mons, but it's definitely something different! Does anyone currently have a Ditto safari? My FC is 3926-5590-5647, so feel free to add! That goes for anyone, not just Ditto Safari's! I have Poke'rus and I'll be spreading it fairly soon, so I can always give some love if you're interested!

RNG_Reporter

3 each at least. And make sure each stat is covered with a 31. so the cross breeding can pay off.

------------

Just caught my Xerneas! Heal Ball! Modest! 31/31/19/31/30/31

I'll take it!

Think Smogon are saying Sp Atk for sure.. then maybe EVs in defense and speed?

Any ideas?

How many perfect ivs should both parents have in order to start breeding?

Generally, it's quite easy if you start off with one parent having two perfect (from friend safari) and then a ditto with the right nature and two perfect.

You could start off with one parent having none, and the other having one or two, it'd just take a bit longer.

is there a good way of checking the IVs of my newly hatched eggs?? can i set their levels to 50 on wifi battles?

is there a good way of checking the IVs of my newly hatched eggs?? can i set their levels to 50 on wifi battles?
The IV judge in the Kiloude City Pokecenter is probably the easiest way. He will tell you what stats (if any) are perfect, and give you an approximate range for the total IVs of the pokemon.

The IV judge in the Kiloude City Pokecenter is probably the easiest way. He will tell you what stats (if any) are perfect, and give you an approximate range for the total IVs of the pokemon.

thats what ive been doing... but i know my pokemon has a couple IVs that arnt perfect, but are very close. i wish there was a was to see without having to EV train it. i guess i could casually train it real quick, use a reset bag on its EVs, then check its IVs?

Status
Not open for further replies.