• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what ive been doing... but i know my pokemon has a couple IVs that arnt perfect, but are very close. i wish there was a was to see without having to EV train it. i guess i could casually train it real quick, use a reset bag on its EVs, then check its IVs?

Does the Battle Mansion or the Battle Tests auto-level to 50? I haven't tried either with any pokemon under 50, so I can't really say.

battle test works!!

RNG_Reporter

I just bred a 31/31/31/31/25/31 calm goomy

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Does the Battle Mansion or the Battle Tests auto-level to 50? I haven't tried either with any pokemon under 50, so I can't really say.

Battle Mansion doesn't.
I've tried after IV breeding and EV training Gogoat.

magentaman

Decided to have a day of breeding. It's not going so well. Finally got the squirtle I wanted but it's taken hours. Still at least i got it :)

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I'm still struggling with the concept of Super training, but I do some training in Attack and Sp. Attack on my Pokemon so they won't suck too hard. lol

Zold

Pokémon Breeder
Not sure if this was discovered yet but... I just cheked one of my Xerneas and Two Yvetals and they all had THREE stats with 31 IV's.

tipton87

Eevee Master
Okay, im fairly new at this, I have a Shellder with the Right nature and ability I want and I am completley clueless on how to get/check/ensure it has the best iv's i can for her.

XxForrestxX

Is it better to start Ev training at a lower level? For example, I have a level 30 Lapras that I received through trade, so I'm not sure exactly how it's been EV trained this far. SO, would it be better to breed it, and start new with EV and Super Training with a level 1 Lapras or does it really matter?

Is it better to start Ev training at a lower level? For example, I have a level 30 Lapras that I received through trade, so I'm not sure exactly how it's been EV trained this far. SO, would it be better to breed it, and start new with EV and Super Training with a level 1 Lapras or does it really matter?

It doesn't matter. Reset its EVs with a blank bag, then super train it up.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Ugh, I'm having the hardest time getting Blank Bags (literally none yet). Is there some trick that I'm missing to get them to appear? I have a pokemon with full ev's hitting the bag, but he keeps getting random (seemingly) rewards from it.

It's completely random. You just need to keep hitting the bag until you get a reset one. I personally think it's a lot easier to just grow the EV-reducing berries and use those.

Okay, im fairly new at this, I have a Shellder with the Right nature and ability I want and I am completley clueless on how to get/check/ensure it has the best iv's i can for her.

Use Metalkid's IV Calculator and talk to the in-game IV checker. Keep in mind, though, that some previous-gen Pokemon's base stats have been changed, so it might not be 100% accurate, but it'll be close.

Not sure if this was discovered yet but... I just cheked one of my Xerneas and Two Yvetals and they all had THREE stats with 31 IV's.

All legendaries in XY have at least 3 stats with 31 IVs. The trick now is to use a Syncher and get those IVs in the stats you want.

Leo1987

Was just wondering if anyone has started to compile information about the new characteristics yet? Got a gastly with the "takes plenty of siestas" characteristic. Thanks.

magentaman

Was just wondering if anyone has started to compile information about the new characteristics yet? Got a gastly with the "takes plenty of siestas" characteristic. Thanks.

Takes plenty of siestas' has replace 'Often Dozes off'

That's the only change I've noticed

RNG_Reporter

Yes, with the legendaries.. you soft reset to get the other stats 31 or close as well. Since 3 is automatic. And yes, we all knew the at least 3 stats were 31. It's nice of them, as they know we can't breed legends for perfect IVs, and they don't want RNG to run the Pokemon world.

Status
Not open for further replies.