• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
Why without? They changed EXP so that you get full Xp for any participant so unless you super train, I think you're stuck. Mind you, ST includes just punching the bag for a while. I did that with SPD bags I earned on one pokemon to raise the speed of a level 1. That works. Also, if you don't want XP, are you aiming for little cup pokemon?
Any advice on how to EV train a level 1 pokemon without using super training?

jagans

Hey, I'm not sure if this was discussed or not, but I was reading the updated EV guide and saw this:
Super Training

Added into Pokémon X & Y, there is a new method called Super Training. This mini-game, accessible from the very beginning, has you play through various mini-games, each focused upon a certain stat. If you manage to sufficiently complete the mini-game, you will get a boost of Effort Values in that specific stat. Level 1 games add 4 Points, Level 2 games add 8 points and Level 3 games add 12 points.

When you complete a game, you also get a Training Bag which can be used on the bottom screen as you play for the Pokémon to boost the stats even further. You get given these bags depending on your score in each of the mini-game. Each bag can be either Small, Medium or Large with Small adding 1 Point, Medium adding 4 Points and Large adding 12 Points.

To top that off, when your Pokémon is being trained, it is capped at 252 in each stat, and it allows you to view the progress of EV training through a special graph on the bottom screen. This shows how much each stat has increased and along the side, how much more training the Pokémon can do.
Is that last part true? Have I been counting my EVs while super training for nothing?

Lancetwister

All-or-Nothing!
Any advice on how to EV train a level 1 pokemon without using super training?

Give it vitamins and use Exp. Share on your Pokemon while facing wild Pokemon that has the EVs you need. I don't think you can keep it level 1 the whole time while EV training it unless you were to do the Super Training method.

old man

On Guard!!!
How do you get off that stupid bag?? Besides waiting for your poke to take a break?

MackBusk

My question to all of this is:
How do you keep track of the ev's your pokémon have acquired?
Sure you have the oldschool way of counting, and sure there's this new way with the bar.
It's quite bothersome to count and that bar doesn't show any percentage or an exact amount nor how much of the different stats that have been trained; both ways are rather impractical.
Do anyone know or should I just trust my numbers?

Azuremein

If anyone has either a Ditto or a Pokemon within the "Monster","Bug", or "Dragon" egg group that has near perfect IV's (preferably in Atk, SpAtk, Spe, and Def), I can trade you Poke'rus if Interested. My FC is 3926-5590-5647, Just let me know! I also have a shiny Psyduck if anyone is interested in that.

Last edited:

jagans

Sure you have the oldschool way of counting, and sure there's this new way with the bar.
It's quite bothersome to count and that bar doesn't show any percentage or an exact amount nor how much of the different stats that have been trained; both ways are rather impractical.

I always calculate how much EVs each encounter will give me beforehand, and add that number on a calculator after the battle is over.
Or, with super training, I add whatever number it says I get after each session.
I suppose the takeaway is that I use a calculator to keep track of it.

MackBusk

I always calculate how much EVs each encounter will give me beforehand, and add that number on a calculator after the battle is over.
Or, with super training, I add whatever number it says I get after each session.
I suppose the takeaway is that I use a calculator to keep track of it.

I see, I guess there are different methods out there. I used the old ''IIII and the fifth line through them all'', to count.
Then again, I'm pretty new to ev-training. ^^

Dryden-Fassa

Hi I noticed that the Jude has two responses after he tells you what its greatest potential lies in:

1. Hmm. And its ___ stat is good, too.

2. Its ___ stat seems just as good, though.

Does the first one mean its 31 and the second statement mean its not perfect maybe 26 or something? Well would appreciate anyone that knows for sure. Thanks.

Blazios

Hi I noticed that the Jude has two responses after he tells you what its greatest potential lies in:

1. Hmm. And its ___ stat is good, too.

2. Its ___ stat seems just as good, though.

Does the first one mean its 31 and the second statement mean its not perfect maybe 26 or something? Well would appreciate anyone that knows for sure. Thanks.

If it's just as good, it means it's exactly the same as the first one.

Saying that it's good just means that it's its best stat, if it's 31 it will say it can't be beat afterwards.

magentaman

Once I've finished training i save and use a reset bag. When the Evs are removed, it shows how much they go down by, then once i've seen the numbers are right, i reset.
No use for keeping track whilst training, but nice to make sure you haven't messed it up after.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Dryden-Fassa

Oops sorry I mixed both up. So does "Hmm. And its ___ stat is good, too." Also mean that its 31 in that stat or is just a few points short?

RoboSushi

Not sure if this has been posted yet but just in case it hasn't I can say that pokerus will not help in super training. But pokerus is extremely helpful in horde training with any of the bracers, and horde training is a lot faster if you have pokerus and the bracer on the pokemon you want trained. If you have 1 horde battle with the desired horde pokemon (say 5 gulpin=1hp ev per gulpin) and if you have the pokemon you want trained with the pokerus and is holding the power weight, that pokemon will recieve 50 hp ev in 1 horde battle. If your pokemon does not have the pokerus you can still get 25 ev per horde battle with any power item (power item= power weight,belt,band,anklet,lens,bracer). I can explain how horde battles give you a lot of ev's if anyone is interested and I also have a chart from smogon that gives the location of each ev group horde if anyone is interested in that too. If you have any questions please message me or correct me if I'm completely wrong.

Once again I'm not sure if this has been posted so please forgive me if it has been already posted or if this is all wrong but I'm pretty sure its right. But just in case it hasn't been posted or I'm right about this information here you go :)

alejandrawr

Oops sorry I mixed both up. So does "Hmm. And its ___ stat is good, too." Also mean that its 31 in that stat or is just a few points short?

That statement means that it is equal to the first stat. ex: "This pokemon has outstanding potential. It's greatest potential lies in it's HP. It's Attack is just as good. Hmm, it's Def is good too. [etc]" means It's highest IV is in HP, Atk, Def. If the judge later says that that stat "can't be beat", THEN that means that it's IV is exactly 31.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I like how Super Training prevents you from going over the 252 limit so you can actually have those 4 EV's you need.
That's what killed me when I EV trained in White 2, and I'm glad that's fixed!

MumzRoar

Pryroar Owner
This is so great, I never was able to get used to EV training! o_o I was terrible! But now my pokemon are being trained EXACTLY how I need them to. My team is doing awesome thanks to super training.

greninjamaster

Question about Sylveon. Should I focus on HP/SPA in EV training or should I use one to get it's speed more improving because it's not good. 60 speed.

Dibut

One of the things that I found; Finding someone with an Audino in their friend safari has proven invaluable for both in game leveling and HP IV training. With lucky egg a pokemon gets 2500 xp from a squishy lvl 30. Better than E4 unless you are Maxed and they aren't that rare in FS.

Status
Not open for further replies.