• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
What's a "Syncher"?

A Syncher is a Pokemon with Synchronize as its ability, such as Ralts or Espeon/Umbreon. Ralts is the easiest one to get in XY. If you have a Pokemon with Synchronize as its ability as the first Pokemon in your party, the Pokemon you are battling will have a 50% chance of having the same nature as your Syncher.

So for example, if you want a Modest Xerneas, you get a Modest Ralts with Synchronize and send it out against Xerneas. Xerneas will then have a 50% chance of having a Modest nature when you catch it, making getting the natures and IV combinations that you want a LOT easier.

Zold

Pokémon Breeder
I have a strong feeling that IV breeding has been made easier somehow. (Disregarding the Destiny Knot etc)
I singlehandedly hatched four FLAWLESS (31/31/31/31/31/31) Goomys last days.
Even with DK, it feels as if the chance has been increased.

Rhonder

Hi there, don't know if i should be in this thread or not. But i'm needing some help to build a Casual team for Wi-Fi Battles (don't care about the best of the best OU).

I do however want to use a Dragonite (choice band). I just have no idea what else to put in my team except for maybe Sandslash (i love the guy) as a rapid spinner!

Some help please :D?

Don't worry too much about strictly using OU pokemon xD Most things can be made viable so with the right planning you can make a pretty good competitive team with things you like~ That being said, just Dragonite and Sandslash isn't much to go on in terms of team building xD A theme or 3rd/4th pokemon would help a lot. Like I could suggest a lot of things, but they might not necessarily fit with what you want/clash with your play style.

renz004

I read up to page 7 before skipping to the end here, but I have a question on using pokemon caught in the wild already evolved.

Throughout the game and in past games they always say that a pokemon you raise from level 1 will have better stats than a much higher level evolved pokemon in the wild.
But with the reset punching bag you could just reset all the EVs and train their stats how you like them. So there really isn't a point in raising lower level pokemon anymore if you can just use it from whatever level you found it and resetting the EVs. Also you can use the move reminder to learn any moves the pokemon might be missing.

Am I right in these assumptions or is there some reason why still raising a pokemon from level 1 would be better?

Also I don't know if it was previously stated, but the easiest way to get reset bags is to go to the Super Training screen and always selecting any pokemon you notice are sleeping. When you wake them up and they are feeling refreshed, they will sit there punching the bag once a minute and eventually they will find a random bag once they calm down again. I've attained several reset bags this way. I don't know if it checks your pokemon EV level before deciding what bag to award (because I've noticed it used to be all small bags, but now they are all large bags and EV reset bags).

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I gotta say I really love super training. Its the easy way to start working on your pokemon. For me, its easy for me to raise my pokemon's attack and special attack.

Some of the balloon bots are hard though. I still have to do the super super ones like Venusaur.

The part that is hard for me are the ones that summon their balloons to attack. I try to ignore them but its difficult

arealmon

Mewtwo automatically starts with 3 31 IV'd stats.

I wouldn't stop until you get at least 30 in the main stats of Mewtwo, then 25+ in the others. And if you're going Modest, obv who cares about Attack.

If you don't care too much about flawless.. get at least 17+ in the defenses.

Ok, Back... again. This time I got the following stats. Sucks that attack is one of the 31's, but his IVs look good overall, except health. However, he does have what look like good defenses, so would the hit in health matter that much? The guy said he was "Outstanding" which is the only time I have had him say that about any of the Mewtwo I have caught so far.

Should I keep him, or look for another that has 31's in areas that matter more for it?

Modest
Alert to sounds

HP: 11, 12
Atk: 31
Def: 25
Sp.A: 27
Sp.D: 31
Speed: 31

Hidden Power: Dragon

Eldéen

Hey there. I just chained a few Ditto as breeding machines and I was quite intrigued when I noticed that nearly everyone of them had at least one 31 IV. Well, it makes breading easier, but it makes me wonder if they changed something concerning the IV rates in the new games. After checking random Pokémon I caught, I saw quite a bunch of 31's. Is it a mere coincidence or do you note the same? I didn't try breeding some CP Pokémon, but it'd be quite interesting, if there'd be more 31's than in earlier generations.

Rhonder

I read up to page 7 before skipping to the end here, but I have a question on using pokemon caught in the wild already evolved.

Throughout the game and in past games they always say that a pokemon you raise from level 1 will have better stats than a much higher level evolved pokemon in the wild.
But with the reset punching bag you could just reset all the EVs and train their stats how you like them. So there really isn't a point in raising lower level pokemon anymore if you can just use it from whatever level you found it and resetting the EVs. Also you can use the move reminder to learn any moves the pokemon might be missing.

Am I right in these assumptions or is there some reason why still raising a pokemon from level 1 would be better?

Also I don't know if it was previously stated, but the easiest way to get reset bags is to go to the Super Training screen and always selecting any pokemon you notice are sleeping. When you wake them up and they are feeling refreshed, they will sit there punching the bag once a minute and eventually they will find a random bag once they calm down again. I've attained several reset bags this way. I don't know if it checks your pokemon EV level before deciding what bag to award (because I've noticed it used to be all small bags, but now they are all large bags and EV reset bags).

Training bred (and therefore Lv 1) pokemon is still better, but not for the reasons you mentioned. I think you heard false information regarding higher level pokemon raising. When you first catch a pokemon, regardless of what level it is, it doesn't start out with any EVs, so as long as you start training it immediately you can ev them just fine. However with breeding you get access to egg moves, somewhat easier control over natures (unless you have a synchronizer for every nature you want) and definite easier control over IVs.

renz004

Training bred (and therefore Lv 1) pokemon is still better, but not for the reasons you mentioned. I think you heard false information regarding higher level pokemon raising. When you first catch a pokemon, regardless of what level it is, it doesn't start out with any EVs, so as long as you start training it immediately you can ev them just fine. However with breeding you get access to egg moves, somewhat easier control over natures (unless you have a synchronizer for every nature you want) and definite easier control over IVs.

Thanks for that explanation!

saldu

A Syncher is a Pokemon with Synchronize as its ability, such as Ralts or Espeon/Umbreon. Ralts is the easiest one to get in XY. If you have a Pokemon with Synchronize as its ability as the first Pokemon in your party, the Pokemon you are battling will have a 50% chance of having the same nature as your Syncher.

So for example, if you want a Modest Xerneas, you get a Modest Ralts with Synchronize and send it out against Xerneas. Xerneas will then have a 50% chance of having a Modest nature when you catch it, making getting the natures and IV combinations that you want a LOT easier.

@ bolded part:
You can actually have it fainted in your first team slot, it will still work and saves a tremendous amount of time when soft resetting.

BladeBlur

I found a random Shiny Kirlia in the Safari Zone. Its IVs are:

HP: 9
Attack: 31
Defense: 30
Sp.Attack: 1
Sp.Def: 31
Speed: 9

So it is a Gallade now, and I decided to boost his Attack... but what else do you guys recommend. It has Serious nature.

Mr.Pokeman

Ok, Back... again. This time I got the following stats. Sucks that attack is one of the 31's, but his IVs look good overall, except health. However, he does have what look like good defenses, so would the hit in health matter that much? The guy said he was "Outstanding" which is the only time I have had him say that about any of the Mewtwo I have caught so far.

Should I keep him, or look for another that has 31's in areas that matter more for it?

Modest
Alert to sounds

HP: 11, 12
Atk: 31
Def: 25
Sp.A: 27
Sp.D: 31
Speed: 31

Hidden Power: Dragon

I would keep it.

Is there another way to check iv's besides the man? Or must I go into an online battle and get the babies lvl 50? Like how is everyone getting those stats, only through the man or do you guys have friends to battle with you?

(post here and pm me the answer? :D)

Chaosthunder

Okay, im trying to breed a Jolly Technician Shroomish, so would i have a higher chance of getting a technician offspring if my hidden ability Breloom was female compared to male?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Is there another way to check iv's besides the man? Or must I go into an online battle and get the babies lvl 50? Like how is everyone getting those stats, only through the man or do you guys have friends to battle with you?

Rare Candies are things. Even at Lv. 30, in conjunction with info such as that from the Judge and the Hidden Power type, it shouldn't take much to deduce the exact IVs.

cwertle

Don't Blink!
So, Iv'e heard of this thing called Rng abuse in the past generations, but I don't know what it is. Could somebody explain, and is it possible in x and y?

Also, if this is some form of hacking, sorry, I didn't know.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
So, Iv'e heard of this thing called Rng abuse in the past generations, but I don't know what it is. Could somebody explain, and is it possible in x and y?

The abridged version is that the game generates values using a PRNG (pseudo-random number generator), which can be influenced by actions of the player. Intentionally influencing the PRNG toward specific results is referred to as RNG abuse.

It's currently impossible in XY, as nobody has cracked the 3DS.

Freddyman

Hey, just putting it out there, I dunno if anyone else figured this out or even if it true, but you know the way Masuda said that the destiny knot always imprints five IVs from the parent pokemon? From my experience using a Helioptile with two perfect IVs and a second Helioptile with two seperate perfect IVs, it seems to me like the IVs were being imprinted by both parents (if that makes any sense) rather than just the one, as I got a few babies with only one perfect stat and then one with three perfect stats

MSK

So I just caught my Xerneas

Naïve with 6-7/30-31/30-31/26-27/31/30-31

Ok so HP is utter garbage but with 31's in both defences, Attack and Speed, plus a not too shabby Special Attack I think I can turn this one into a decent mixed sweeper.

Any ideas for an EV spread that'll let me hit as hard as possible without getting smashed up cos of the HP issue?

Rakurai

Hey, just putting it out there, I dunno if anyone else figured this out or even if it true, but you know the way Masuda said that the destiny knot always imprints five IVs from the parent pokemon? From my experience using a Helioptile with two perfect IVs and a second Helioptile with two seperate perfect IVs, it seems to me like the IVs were being imprinted by both parents (if that makes any sense) rather than just the one, as I got a few babies with only one perfect stat and then one with three perfect stats

By "parent Pokemon" he was referring to both Pokemon, not just the holder of the item.

Status
Not open for further replies.