• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Pokeman

RNG is basically just a harder way to cheat when compared to an Action Replay. I frown on both.

ggkiwi

is super training generally slower than normal ev training (assuming full set of power items, pokerus, and whatever else was needed)

Rakurai

Standard EV training is indeed better then Super Training once you get the Power items, especially if you do horde battles.

saldu

is super training generally slower than normal ev training (assuming full set of power items, pokerus, and whatever else was needed)

Yes, by a lot, especially if training 5 pokemon at once, but single ones are also much faster:

EVs from 1 horde encounter with Pokerus & Power Item: 50 (at least for all the ones that give 1 EV)
Time taken: 1 battle, with only 1 move executed, so about 30 seconds including Sweet Scent execution.
EVs per minute: 100
...and about 3 minutes traveltime to get to the second stats location and do the remaining 6 ev via super training.
So, fully EVed in about 10 Minutes, allowing extra time for some non-desired hordes that you need to flee from (doesn't apply everywhere).

Full 510 EV Super Training on a given Pokemon usually takes about 45-50 minutes.

So, about a fifth the time. And you can EV 5 Pkm at once, considering that, it would be 1/25 the time.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Once you have Pokerus + Power Items + Horde battles, super training is pretty slow. The Battle Masion makes collecting BP somewhat easier and a good thing is that you can buy large amounts of Vitamins at the cost of only 2 BP.
The most EV's you get during super training is +12, however a Pokemon your starting to EV train may have a difficult time doing just LV 2 which only give +4. You actually have to build up EV's to deal more points, and sure you receive punching bags depending on how well you did. Super training is really good for those that don't have access to Vitamins, power items, or pokerus but pretty much once you get them super training seems to be slower.
Example: Pokemon with Pokerus + Power item + Horde battle will gain 50, 60, or even 70 EV's in just one battle. If you add Vitamins on top of that you can finish EV training a Pokemon in as little as 10 mins.

Blazios

That, and each stat caps at 252 now, which means that you don't even have to pay attention to the number of battles if you want to max it without wasting EVs now, right? I know that Super Training caps them at 252, at least.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
That, and each stat caps at 252 now, which means that you don't even have to pay attention to the number of battles if you want to max it without wasting EVs now, right? I know that Super Training caps them at 252, at least.

if your battling wild I would assume you still have to count in a way just to get an idea were you are with it but if you super train which I personally find easier and more fun you don't have to pay attention at all it lets you know when you have capped

saldu

if your battling wild I would assume you still have to count in a way just to get an idea were you are with it but if you super train which I personally find easier and more fun you don't have to pay attention at all it lets you know when you have capped

Just do 6 hordes and be done. For 252/252/4 spreads at least.
For advanced spreads you will have to do some planning how to reach them best.

Rhonder

So just for a general discussion question for people such as myself working at earning BP to get sets of Power Items (I'm going to shoot for 4 of each one, so I have a slot for a high level spread mover, oddish for sweet scent, and 4 pokemon I'm training at a time) have people been earning their BP through the Battle Maison or Battle Institute mainly? I've been doing both about equally and I feel like for earning the initial BP with my play through pokemon doing the battle institute is borderline faster.

Since my pokemon's natures evs and ivs are kind of all over the place, they do okay in these battle places, but in the maison I have trouble racking up a streak of more than 12. Which yields 14 BP overall. Sometimes I only get up to 10 or 11 battles, which is 10 or 12 points. However, at the battle institute you only battle 5 battles (even if you lose one of them) and it yields pretty good BP. One run where I lost like 2/5 battles, and like 2 pokemon in 1 or 2 of the other battles yielded 11 BP I think, and winning all 5 gave me ~15-16 points I think.

I can definitely see after you have some good pokemon you could make a much higher streak at the maison and therefore get more points, but up front before training teams what have people been doing?

Rakurai

I prefer repeating the normal Battle Maison for BP at the moment. The opponents are extremely easy to beat if you bothered EV training your Pokemon, and you get 48 points per 20 rounds.

The Battle Institute feels slower for me because I have to actually pay attention to what I'm doing due to the opponents being much tougher.

sarysa

Series slave
I regret wasting BP on power items. I just spent the last two days breeding with 2-3 stat dittos from Friend Safari and 2-3 stat (some other species) from Friend Safari. With Everstone (on desired nature mon) + Destiny Knot (on other mon) I can usually get a 4-stat within an hour (less for me since I have two carts worth of dittos) and once I'm breeding with a 4-stat and a 3-stat or 4-stat, 5-stats are usually only about an hour away. Adding moves, skewed gender ratios, or seeking a specific ability obviously makes it longer...

By the way, I just bred a 3-perfect stat with one zero stat and it got rated as "outstanding". Either "outstanding" is no longer 155-186 IVs, or stats noted to be bad are a range, like 0-4. Just a heads up...your "outstanding" mon might not be worth settling for.

Last edited:

outburs

Quick question: I fully ev trained my froakie in speed/att and a bit of def. My question is does it matter if i level him up through beating the elite four with exp. share or will his stats get screwed up. Normally i wouldn't care but its a shiny froakie so I don't want to mess him up.

sarysa

Series slave
Quick question: I fully ev trained my froakie in speed/att and a bit of def. My question is does it matter if i level him up through beating the elite four with exp. share or will his stats get screwed up. Normally i wouldn't care but its a shiny froakie so I don't want to mess him up.

If EVs are already maxed, they won't be messed up by battling. If you mess up, the ST HUD will very occasionally grant you reset punching bags -- but you have to keep ST visible to get these.

beetredknob

Troll of Tanas
Hey does anyone know of a quick way to level grind to 100?

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I regret wasting BP on power items. I just spent the last two days breeding with 2-3 stat dittos from Friend Safari and 2-3 stat (some other species) from Friend Safari. With Everstone (on desired nature mon) + Destiny Knot (on other mon) I can usually get a 4-stat within an hour (less for me since I have two carts worth of dittos) and once I'm breeding with a 4-stat and a 3-stat or 4-stat, 5-stats are usually only about an hour away. Adding moves, skewed gender ratios, or seeking a specific ability obviously makes it longer...
I know what you mean with Destiny Knot's new effect towards passing on IV's now. I was thinking the same thing after buying just the power bracer then learning about the new mechanics for breeding. Although I'm still going to buy the rest of the power items because I have two ditto's that I caught in Friend Safari(1) perfect iv's in atk, def, sp.def 2) atk, sp.atk, spd), so that I can start things off if I wanted something specific.
But they can still be useful since you should be able to let both parents hold a power item and destiny knot and still work(can't see why they shouldn't).
But let's say you have two Pokemon with an IV spread of:
31/31/31/16/31/31
31/14/31/31/31/31

What if you put the power bracer on the first Pokemon and Destiny Knot on the second. The offspring's should always receive perfect Atk, an just like in previous games it should be counted as one of the IV's that get passed down. Meaning instead of the usual 3 IV's it should be counted as one of the 5 IV's passed down because of Destiny Knot, correct?(since Destiny knot simply increases the passing of IV's) That still leaves one stat to be randomized in this situation, an I guess if your determined enough you could by chance receive a flawless Pokemon yes?

Kokoromori

Isshu's got issues
Can anyone tell me what stats I should EV train for a Skrelp before he goes to Dragalge? Would it be Spe. Atk and Spe. Def?

Hey does anyone know of a quick way to level grind to 100?

O-power exp boost + O-power $ boost + amulet coin, smash those elites and use the $ u earned to lvl ur target pokemon in lumiose city juice store.

and lucky egg

Last edited:
I know what you mean with Destiny Knot's new effect towards passing on IV's now. I was thinking the same thing after buying just the power bracer then learning about the new mechanics for breeding. Although I'm still going to buy the rest of the power items because I have two ditto's that I caught in Friend Safari(1) perfect iv's in atk, def, sp.def 2) atk, sp.atk, spd), so that I can start things off if I wanted something specific.
But they can still be useful since you should be able to let both parents hold a power item and destiny knot and still work(can't see why they shouldn't).
But let's say you have two Pokemon with an IV spread of:
31/31/31/16/31/31
31/14/31/31/31/31

What if you put the power bracer on the first Pokemon and Destiny Knot on the second. The offspring's should always receive perfect Atk, an just like in previous games it should be counted as one of the IV's that get passed down. Meaning instead of the usual 3 IV's it should be counted as one of the 5 IV's passed down because of Destiny Knot, correct?(since Destiny knot simply increases the passing of IV's) That still leaves one stat to be randomized in this situation, an I guess if your determined enough you could by chance receive a flawless Pokemon yes?

thats what ive been doing.
after ive received one of the flawless males, I switch destiny knot to the flawless male and an everstone to the female with target nature.
the thing that is pain in the *** is for 1:7 gender ratio pokemons its sooooooo damn hard to get the flawless stats onto the female for further skill breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.