• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help...I am new to breeding (IV) . I have two dragonairs one has a 31 in HP and attack the other has a 31 spc d and speed. I have the mother the everstone, and the male has the destiny knot. Why are the Pokemon hatching only have 5 and 6 in all its attributes?

destiny knot passes down 5 IVs from either parent ( i had this problem last night breeding my fennekin ) the trick is to gradually get dratinis (male and female) that have as many of the parent IVs as possible, then breed your 2 new dratinis with high IVs with eachother and youll have a higher chance of getting those awesome IVs. for example, i had my female delphox with 31/x/31/x/31/31 and a male with x/x/x/31/31/x... breeding these 2 wasnt very fruitful so my goal was to breed a new male fennekin with the best IVs i could get. so after breeding for a few sessions i got one with 31/x/x/31/31/31. now, im breeding 31/x/31/x/31/31 and 31x/x/31/31/31 and with this i got a timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 ! so its a process you must go through, but its well worth it. sometimes you might have to evolve your pokemon to breed with a certain one... i had to evolve my fennekin to delphox so it would breed with my female delphox

Last edited:

Cuthrout

What does the IV checker say?? If he says anything below above average keep breeding. The knot doesn't ALLWAYS pass down stats. I think it's a 50/50 chance.

I knew this gen would mess folk up who lost how to breed.....

the knot does always pass down 5 stats from the parents, it could take 3 from the female and 2 from male, or all from male, that part is randomized. If two pokemon have 5 maxed IV's say the female has hp, attack, defence, special attack and speed and the male has hp, attack, defence, special defence and speed. There is a chance the destiny knot takes the special defence from the female, the special attack from the male and then the 6th stat is random and could be not IV 31. Which means with 2 pokemon with 5 IV 31 stats could only breed eggs with 3 maxed IV's.

bombe32

Oh wow, it's such a long process getting started with this again. I remember that in gen 5 when I started breeding I just settled for pokemon that were far from perfect because of all this, but as you started breeding a lot of pokemon, eventually you had many good ones from all egg groups that it was pretty straightforward starting a new project. I really need to get started tonight by just catching a lot of things in the safari. What I'm saying, though, is that I miss some of my pokemon from Black 2....

At least the friend safari has made it a lot easier than in previous generations and the Destiny Knot has made breeding easier too.... maybe, when the Poke Bank arrives, I won't care about those EV trained pokemon as much as the legendaries and shinies from previous gens....

I'm not going to bother contacting people with Ditto safaries, too much demand, although one of my planned pokemon for this generation is Metagross..... But for now, I think getting some of the new gen 6 pokemon in competitive action, so Talonflame, Trevenant, Meowstic, Aegislash and Greninja...

I'm not going to bother contacting people with Ditto safaries, too much demand, although one of my planned pokemon for this generation is Metagross..... But for now, I think getting some of the new gen 6 pokemon in competitive action, so Talonflame, Trevenant, Meowstic, Aegislash and Greninja...

i feel that! plus, when pokebank hits all this craze will be over. all im going to focus on is breeding 6th gen pkmn at the moment, i already have flawless shinys of all pkmn i would want gens 1-5..whats the point of breeding for pkmn i already have??

magentaman

breeding with togepi is tedious.
have to evolve them :/

on the plus side i got one with perfect in 5 stats

Cuthrout

breeding with togepi is tedious.
have to evolve them :/

on the plus side i got one with perfect in 5 stats

not going to lie, i thought trying to breed perfect marvel scale dragonites were hard! having to evolve must be a pain, you just ev training them and then leveling it up?

Oh apparently you don't get the ev-reset bag for clearing first level, I was misinformed it seems so how do you get it

punch the blank bag till you get one. its a plain white bag

so as of now i have a lot of extra trial breed pkmn. if anyone is interested heres the list:
lax male goomy- 31/31/x/31/31/31
serious male goomy- 31/31/31/x/x/31
jolly male sliggoo- 31/31/x/31/31/x
rash female frogadier- x/31/x/31/31/31
timid female delphox- 31/x/31/x/31/31
docile male delphox- 31/x/x/31/31/31
timid male fennekin- 31/x/31/x/31/31
timid male fennekin- 31/x/31/x/31/31

Im looking for pokemon with good IVs, no natures in particular.
pkmn im looking for are:
female eevee, male noibat, female chespin, female charmander/ charmeleon, male helioptile, male skrelp, and dittos

Last edited:

Delecto

So i was breeding beldums and I got an adamant shiny with 8/28/26/26/8/31 IV's. I can't decide whether to use it for not what do you guys think.

Cuthrout

So i was breeding beldums and I got an adamant shiny with 8/28/26/26/8/31 IV's. I can't decide whether to use it for not what do you guys think.

looking at the IV's you could make a fairly decent physical attacker. You have 31 IV in speed which is the most important for speed ties. Id use it myself. be sure to put heavy investment into attack and maybe hp as 8 HP IV stat is bad :/. but good luck

Rhonder

i feel that! plus, when pokebank hits all this craze will be over. all im going to focus on is breeding 6th gen pkmn at the moment, i already have flawless shinys of all pkmn i would want gens 1-5..whats the point of breeding for pkmn i already have??

I deeeeefinitely know that feel. I have a relatively limited amount of competitively trained pokemon from 5th gen though (~2 boxes worth) so there's still some old gen pokemon I'm wanting to breed in 6th gen too xD The only thing though is somethings will be nicer to breed in black and white still just for the move tutor in BW2... presumably they'll be back for the 3rd installation(s) of these games, but who knows how long that'll be lol.

tipton87

Eevee Master
Im new to IV Breeding and Im trying to figure this out and cant find any information easily, could someone give me some advice?

magentaman

not going to lie, i thought trying to breed perfect marvel scale dragonites were hard! having to evolve must be a pain, you just ev training them and then leveling it up?

I've now just taken to shouting 'Love me!' at them and hoping they evolve.

I deeeeefinitely know that feel. I have a relatively limited amount of competitively trained pokemon from 5th gen though (~2 boxes worth) so there's still some old gen pokemon I'm wanting to breed in 6th gen too xD The only thing though is somethings will be nicer to breed in black and white still just for the move tutor in BW2... presumably they'll be back for the 3rd installation(s) of these games, but who knows how long that'll be lol.

Yeah the move tutors in blk2 are awesome. I have 6 boxes of flawless mons on my blk2, cant wait for pokebank

Cross_Thunder_Zekrom

I been wrecking my brain with the IV breeding, so i have quite a bit questions that some guides doesn't give in-dept explanations.

if you breed 2 pokemons normally that have identical IV in the same stats, does the offpsring take that IV from either parents even though they're the same or it will generate random IV or will it go higher?

I been wrecking my brain with the IV breeding, so i have quite a bit questions that some guides doesn't give in-dept explanations.

if you breed 2 pokemons normally that have identical IV in the same stats, does the offpsring take that IV from either parents even though they're the same or it will generate random IV or will it go higher?
itll take it from either parent, and it could get random IVs as well. use a destiny knot to pass as many IVs as possible, power items help a lot too. then take your new offspring and keep breeding in IVs. the better each parents IVs are, the better chance of having better IVs lol

Kokoromori

Isshu's got issues
I finished maxing the EVs for Special Attack on my Skrelp but idk what other stat would be best to raise? HP or Special Defense?

I finished maxing the EVs for Special Attack on my Skrelp but idk what other stat would be best to raise? HP or Special Defense?

100% HP dude. youre not going to get much out of that defense without HitPoints

Cuthrout

100% HP dude. youre not going to get much out of that defense without HitPoints
agreed! without HP you will hinder your defense (its why shuckle is a mediocre wall imo, great defense great sp defense but no hp)

SzubaSon

so i was ev training my xerneas and decided to take a break and go at the elite four and when i had beat them he went up two lvls but when i went to ev train him again it had put evs in all his stats instead of the two i was doing is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.