• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNG_Reporter

Sweet, my Safari has Ditto and Teddiursa.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone knew the IVs for the event Torchic w/ the megastone. Are they random or are the IVs already set? Also any recommended EV spreads would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance (and hopefully this is the appropriate thread for my question...)

They are completely random. They don't have set IVs like legendaries.

saldu

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone knew the IVs for the event Torchic w/ the megastone. Are they random or are the IVs already set? Also any recommended EV spreads would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance (and hopefully this is the appropriate thread for my question...)

They are random and it's really not worth soft resetting, since you can pass speed boost on with male torchic x ditto, much easier to IV breed.

Genousity

Ive got a male Eevee that I wanna ev train

The judge say's "I would say that it's greatest potential lies in its HP. Hmm. And it's Defense stat is good, too.
Its Sp. Def seems just as good, though And, well its Speed stat is good, too."

What kinda IV's would that indicate and what would a good ev spread be? and what should I evolve it into?

Shia

How do you increase your ball damage in Super Training? My damage is so low that it takes forever - nearly impossible to clear a stage.

Rakurai

How do you increase your ball damage in Super Training? My damage is so low that it takes forever - nearly impossible to clear a stage.

It's based on how many EVs the Pokemon has.

All EVs provide an increase, but attack and special attack provide a larger increase then the rest.

Vortiene

So far half a team set up, 5iv protean greninja in a dive ball, 5iv rhyperior in a luxury ball, 5iv venusaur in a dusk ball, and 4iv (didnt have the heart for speed iv) volcarona in an ultra ball. Now i just need noivern/crobat perfect and aegislash perfect and ive got a nice team.

So I'm adding Aegislash to my team and I'm wondering should I split the Ev's 128 for them as:

HP/Def
Def/Sp. Def
Or should I put the full 252 in HP?

252 is already going in Atk btw
Would go with 252 hp unless you want to wall physical or special specifically. If you want to resist all priority moves, the extra def evs would help, but if you want overalk resistance full hp is most reliable.

Last edited:

Shia

It's based on how many EVs the Pokemon has.

All EVs provide an increase, but attack and special attack provide a larger increase then the rest.

I've tried increasing my sp. atk Evs and I have over 100 into it but my damage still won't increase?

Genousity

The judge say's "I would say that it's greatest potential lies in its HP. Hmm. And it's Defense stat is good, too.

What kinda IV's would that indicate and what would a good ev spread be? and what should I evolve it into?

Can some one help me with this?

I'm trying to start a Froakie breeding project and really I really want a female one to simplify things, but I don't seem to run in to any female Frogadiers in the friend safari... is it even possible? I think I've had approximately 40-45 encounters without a single female one..... finding a shiny Floatzel in the process is kind of fun, but still...

Also, how much of a difference is there between having 28-30 and 31 in online games where levels are set to 50? I would imagine it's not very much and it could tempt me to settle for near-perfect in the 5th rather than going for 5 perfects every time.

Why not breed the Froakie with ditto until you have female? I know it's gonna have worse IV's, but at least you will surely get it in an easier way...Mayhaps you will even get one with 3 perfect IV's after a bit of breeding and checking.

I wouldn't go to online fights without perfect IVs.....Japanese players are all hardcore and they always use 5-6 perfect IV (At least so it was in Gen 5). If you want to get a shot at being good, perfect IVs are a must-have.

Thanks.

Yes! I had to turn that thing off once I found that out. All my Pokemon were getting useless EV's. Like Attack EV's for my Roserade -_-
I hate that fact so much >o< Who thought it will be a good idea!?

Weakness policy Dragonite is AWESOME!
If you time it right with a DD you can get +3 Atk +1 speed in on turn and just go on a rampage.
With multiscale and screen support activating the policy and surviving is easy (especially since there's loads of dragon types and Greninja running round right now.)

EDIT: Just survived a +1 Stone Edge from a Mega Aerodactyl with 1HP. Policy activated, dragon dance the OHKOd it with dragon claw.

This is not the place for posts like yours I think.

They are random and very weak. Judge said it's above average and highest stat was Speed at around 16-25 :p

I would suggest Umbreon or Leafeon. They're a nightmare with Moonlight/Synthesis when they're tank. Idk about Sylveon play though.

Genousity

Ok but what would a good Ev spread be for umbreon with a neutral nature?

Cuthrout

Can some one help me with this?

Umbreon, depending on what you want, with those IV's it would make a great baton passer. I would say depending on your move set, 252 hp 200 def, 58 speed. making it great physical wall, or you could run curse payback, in which you would have 252 hp 100 attack, 158 defense, you could add some into sp def to protect from focus blast, as you will be cursing up.

I've tried increasing my sp. atk Evs and I have over 100 into it but my damage still won't increase?

How much are your power shots hitting for? And with which poke? The rapid fire types don't seem to increase in damage all that much.

TBH, super training is of questionable usefulness in the postgame. Horde battles with power items on every pokemon and pokerus will max an EV in under 5 minutes. I use venusaur as my horde battler because of sweet scent, spread pokerus to every pokemon in the party, and give them each the power item for the desired EV stat. I then go and fight hordes of the correct EV. This grants ~50 EV for each pokemon for a one turn battle. It'll take 5 minutes if you get unlucky with which horde pops up, and about two minutes if you get the correct horde all 6 times needed to max an EV. EV training a single pokemon with super training takes dramatically longer than that, let alone EV training 5 of them.

5 minutes of time for horde battles vs multiple hours of time for super training makes me think that it just isn't worth the time and trouble.

Cuthrout

How much are your power shots hitting for? And with which poke? The rapid fire types don't seem to increase in damage all that much.

TBH, super training is of questionable usefulness in the postgame. Horde battles with power items on every pokemon and pokerus will max an EV in under 5 minutes. I use venusaur as my horde battler because of sweet scent, spread pokerus to every pokemon in the party, and give them each the power item for the desired EV stat. I then go and fight hordes of the correct EV. This grants ~50 EV for each pokemon for a one turn battle. It'll take 5 minutes if you get unlucky with which horde pops up, and about two minutes if you get the correct horde all 6 times needed to max an EV. EV training a single pokemon with super training takes dramatically longer than that, let alone EV training 5 of them.

5 minutes of time for horde battles vs multiple hours of time for super training makes me think that it just isn't worth the time and trouble.

I can understand, your point with horde battles and maxing EV in a stat very quickly, my only reason I like doing the super training, is because I can see literally how Many EV's I'm getting. If your build is a little more specific, as such requiring maybe 220 EV's in speed, and a specific amount in another, don't you agree that super training is good for that?

Shia

My power shot damage is 26. The poke I'm using is Vivillon, lv 16. I got the yellow balls, which I think is the rapid fire shot.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
Got a Charmander on Wonder Trade with 4 flawless ivs in hp, atk, def and sp.atk. I was lucky to get such a great pokemon for breeding on wonder trade :)

saldu

I can understand, your point with horde battles and maxing EV in a stat very quickly, my only reason I like doing the super training, is because I can see literally how Many EV's I'm getting. If your build is a little more specific, as such requiring maybe 220 EV's in speed, and a specific amount in another, don't you agree that super training is good for that?

You can easily attain specific spreads by horde battling, too.
Of course you need to keep track of how many EVs you have, but you'd have to do that in Super Training, too, if not going for 252/252/4 spreads.
For example, for 220 you'd just:
4x battle against 1 EV pokemon with power items and pokerus.
2x battle against 1 EV pokemon without power items with pokerus.
If you need to finetune, you can always get the last 4-8 points easily by a single super training.

Cuthrout

You can easily attain specific spreads by horde battling, too.
Of course you need to keep track of how many EVs you have, but you'd have to do that in Super Training, too, if not going for 252/252/4 spreads.
For example, for 220 you'd just:
4x battle against 1 EV pokemon with power items and pokerus.
2x battle against 1 EV pokemon without power items with pokerus.
If you need to finetune, you can always get the last 4-8 points easily by a single super training.

That is what I meant. Super training is good for fine tuning your pokemon, for me I only use 252/252/4 on alakazam or jolteon, and other sweepers, all my other pokemon have mixed stats. I usually keep open notepad and calculator and write down my EV spread, and don't stop EVing a pokemon till its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.