• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jegred2

Does the EV trainer not let you go past the 252 max benefit? I just counted all of my EV's while doing attack and it stopped at 252, just want to confirm this. because in previous games I believe it went up to 255.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
i intend to raise a ferratorn to replace chesnaught as my grass type/be my fairy killer, what nature best fits ferratorn and what stats should i ev train him in?

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
That Magnezone in Super Training. Why would someone create such a monster?

Trainer Albie

PokéMaNiAc
If the Pokemon I'm EV training is in my party, has PokéRus, and is carrying a Power Item while I have the Exp Share on, it will gain all those EVs even if it is not the one battling? Right?

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
Hi I was just wondering about the IVs of my Goomy. I tried the guy but I'm not entirely sure how what he says is directly translated to number wise. I'm not obsessive with flawless IVs but I would like them to be pretty decent especially in the defensive area.

This is what he says:
Relatively surperior potential
Greatest potential is HP
Stats simply can't be beat

Here are it's stats:
Bold at Level 31 and takes plenty of siestas
HP: 78
Atk: 39
Def: 31
Sp.A: 44
Sp.D: 55
Spd: 37

Thanks for any and all help.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Does the EV trainer not let you go past the 252 max benefit? I just counted all of my EV's while doing attack and it stopped at 252, just want to confirm this. because in previous games I believe it went up to 255.

Super Training does not let you pass 252 EVs.

i intend to raise a ferratorn to replace chesnaught as my grass type/be my fairy killer, what nature best fits ferratorn and what stats should i ev train him in?

Depends on what kind of set its running.

If the Pokemon I'm EV training is in my party, has PokéRus, and is carrying a Power Item while I have the Exp Share on, it will gain all those EVs even if it is not the one battling? Right?

Yes, it should.

Hi I was just wondering about the IVs of my Goomy. I tried the guy but I'm not entirely sure how what he says is directly translated to number wise. I'm not obsessive with flawless IVs but I would like them to be pretty decent especially in the defensive area.

http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
Thank you very much for the link.

tenieheaney

Can I train outside of super training and not mess up my ev's or will I get random ev's while training/ battling random pokemon/ trainers?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Can I train outside of super training and not mess up my ev's or will I get random ev's while training/ battling random pokemon/ trainers?

You'll get random EVs while battling and catching Pokemon until your EVs are maxed.

Try growing EV reduction Berries if this is a problem.

My Sneasel Trolls

Sneasel Is Life
My question is:

Okay, so you know how the EXP Share passes down the EVs of the Pokemon as well?
Well, I've already tested that if you give a Pokemon in your party a Power Item, it works as if it normally does. 4+ of the Power Item, and any of the EVs that are gained from the Pokemon that was defeated. Pokerus also functions as normal.
So, to simplify it, if I kill a Gyarados with my Pangoro while my EXP share is on, and all of my Pokemon have the Pokerus, they each get at least 4 EVs of attack, and if one of them happens to be holding a Power Item, they'll get 8+ whatever that particular Power Item specifies.

What I want to know, however, is if the Pokemon who KILLS the Gyarados is holding a power item, does the rest of the party also get 12 EVs for that one kill? Or do they ALL have to be holding Power Items?

darkzeru

So I just that about it...
I don't have a water type haha
So that maybe my next project.
Now mind you im not "too" deep into the competitive scene but i would like to learn...
I thought about froakie (unless there's a better option)

So i have a few questions
  1. Best Nature(s)?
  2. Is Protean recommended to get?
  3. Which two IV should i focus on breeding purposes?

RNG_Reporter

Protean is a must, get 2 parents that have 2 IVs of 31 in stats that are different from eachother. Now keep breeding and hopefully you get 2 more parents that have 3-4 IVS in each.. then go for the 5-6 IVS in each, to get perfect pokemon.

madfwaz

currently breeding a speed boost torchic with 31/31/31/xx/31/31 with an adamant nature. im just wondering should i go full 252 attack evs and speed aswell with 6 in hp/def or should i split the speed evs seening as it has speed boost?

can it still learn thunder punch this gen as well?

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
I've found that if you tap on the regular punch bag, punch bags come down, in about 2 minutes of doing that I got about 5 punch bags :p.

TehSpiral

Terminally Chill
I guess I'm just old-fashioned, I can't get into the Super Training. However, the 5-way exp. share is a godsend, and even with just Pokerus or Power items, it takes ~20 battles to max out a stat. The ST seems counter-intuitive to me, and to top it off, the minigames aren't even that well-designed or fun.

and to whoever said that Pokerus is hard to encounter...the only time I've even run across it in-game was way back in Ruby, but if you're posting on this website, getting online with your 3DS and finding someone to trade you an infected mon shouldn't be an issue. I know I've had no problems finding it each gen since IV.

Last edited:

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
I agree TehSpiral, the exp share is really helpful, I've got 3 level 100 Pokémon with it and I use 2 of them to go through the Elite Four.

Though, to stay on topic, ST is quite helpful when you've maxed out the stats with the secret levels, what with the items you can get from it and the fact that it's easier to obtain, say, a Shiny Stone than from finding one in Kalos :).

Kitsuneko

I think one of the best places to EV train speed is in the Zubat roost/connecting cave.
You can use either sweet scent or honey to trigger a Zubat horde battle and train away.

I actually don't mind the super training. I can spend half the time popping balloons and the other half punching bags. It gives it a little variety. It becomes a bit faster and simpler when you're able to make the money to buy vitamins, it then cuts the time training there and makes it easier to score points.

Shinjick

semi pro trainer
I'm an Iv breeder and honestly if they introduced Iv stat adjustments I'd be thrown off the game I work hard at what I do and spend hours getting the right stats to just take the effort away from legit players who have worked hard for years to get good Pokemon would simply kill the point that being said stomping on hackers should be the main focus which I hope the Pokemon bank will give us I didn't spend all my time training and breeding to fight shiny perfect stat mewtwos so on my view is either work hard for your Pokemon or play for fun that being said the new super training is great to help new and old trainers alike putting an end to a lot of the annoying tracking of your Evs which brings more players to ev training

Last edited:

CircuitAngel

Ok can someone check this & see if I got this right:
So I got a Honedge with the nature I want with perfect Atk ivs. So my next step is to give it the Everstone & breed it with a Ditto holding Destiny Knot with 2 different perfect I've until I get a baby with 3 perfect Ivs?

Then u get a male & female by that method with 3 perfect ivs each (with some different perfect ivs) breed them with everstone & destiny knot until u get a baby with 4-6 perfect Ivs?

Also what are the odds of getting 3,4,5, & 6 perfect ivs?

I wouldn't move on to Babies after one round of breeding with 3 perfect.

Here is what I would do, given your example (I am just making up the IVs for these Dittos, but I think you will get the point).

1st Breeding Pair - Honedge (31 Atk) with your preferred nature holding Everstone + DittoA (31 HP + 31 Def) holding Destiny Knot.

Breed until you have a Honedge with 31 HP, 31 Atk, 31 Def.

2nd Breeding Pair - Honedge (31 HP, 31 Atk, 31 Def) with your preferred nature holding the Everstone + DittoB (31 SpDef + 31 Speed) holding Destiny Knot.

Breed until you have at least a perfect four IV Male and four IV Female that overlap 3 IVs; so as an example, a Male Honedge with 31 HP, Atk, Def, and Speed and a Female Honedge with 31 Atk, Def, SpDef, and Speed. Give one the Destiny Knot and one the Everstone (as they are both the same Nature now), and hatch eggs until you get one with 31 HP, Atk, Def, SpDef, and Speed.

Hope that helps!

Puma Italia

I'm an Iv breeder and honestly if they introduced Iv stat adjustments I'd be thrown off the game I work hard at what I do and spend hours getting the right stats to just take the effort away from legit players who have worked hard for years to get good Pokemon would simply kill the point that being said stomping on hackers should be the main focus which I hope the Pokemon bank will give us I didn't spend all my time training and breeding to fight shiny perfect stat mewtwos so on my view is either work hard for your Pokemon or play for fun that being said the new super training is great to help new and old trainers alike putting an end to a lot of the annoying tracking of your Evs which brings more players to ev training

I'm sure Pokemon that are hacked well enough will get through on Pokemon Bank. If not, it's a little silly to think that hackers won't be able to hack these games eventually. but I guess we won't know until December. I am happy that super training is bringing more people to competitive play because it is more accessible and easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.