• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budukai

The Ghost
I was working on getting a a female Fennekin (magician) with 31/0/31/31/31/31, and recently I got a 31/31/31/31/31/31. I wasn't expecting this, from what I hear perfect 6 are rare to get. Just wanted the 5 IV with the crap attack.

I want to know if having a 6 means anything next to what I was working toward?
---

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
So is it all just a random chance? What if you wanted to select for specific IVs to be passed down? Is there a way to choose between a mother's and father's IVs that you want to pass down? Like for example, if I wanted to pass down a 31 Spd IV from the mother down to the child and not the father's Spd IV, is there a way to get that to work or do you just have to keep breeing until the right match is found? And another thing, if i breed two parents, both with 2 different perfect IVs from the safari, is there a way to match up what IV from what parent the child gets?

Yes its just a random chance, but a reminder, now there is an item that can pass down 5 of the IVs, from Gen I to Gen V, the best you could hope for were 3. That's why if both parents have the desired IV, say the 31 Speed IV, then it won't matter which parents Speed IV is chosen by the Destiny Knot.

The Power Items that correspond for each stat, when given to a parent, can pass down a specific IV. So if you want the 31 Speed IV from the mother, you can give it the Power Anklet, and every egg should hatch with that IV.

I'm not sure the last question you're asking about the Friend Safari.

Last edited:

CircuitAngel

View attachment 11004

Ok so can someone please explain me this
This aromatisse has only one 31 iv (sp def i think) and it got way better stats than my 5 perfect ivs spritzee(pic on next post). And both are on the same level. Why is that???

View attachment 11005

Spritzee
Thanks for the help in advance. Really dont know why that happened

Evolution is the biggest boost in stats you will see, far more than IVs or EVs, Aromatisse has 121 statpoints extra base over Spritzee; now if you evolve your Spritzee and it still has better stats, then one of two things happened - either you are not correct about your Perfect IVs on your Spritzee, or it is an issue of EV Training. Nature would also play a role of course.

Last edited:

Cuthrout

I'm excited to announce I've hatched my second, nearly flawless Pokémon. I've hatched a Squirtle and a Prankster Sableye, both with 5 IVs. Though trying to get that 6th is...a pain in my *** :(

Ha ha, yeah getting that 6th IV is hard the first time but as soon as you have 1 getting multiple 6 IV pokemon after that is really quite easy.

Blummers

I gotta admit, IV Breeding is something I've never done before. I've always really dug Pokemon, but digging into the meta game has always seemed so foreign and too daunting to me. I broke through with some EV training last year, but X & Y's breeding changes has made IV's not only easier, but simpler for me to understand.

I've bred a Docile Speed Boost Venipede with 31/31/31/X/X/31 in only about an hour! I know the Docile nature isn't great, but I'm yet to have anything with an adamant/jolly nature. Still hopeful. I've hit a bump, trying to breed it with a Careful Whirlipede with 31/X/31/X/31/X to try and get the last EV in Sp. Def. They just won't pop out eggs, with the attendant saying "They don't seem to like each other much". Is there any way to increase the likelihood of getting eggs from them, or do I need to start playing "Careless Whispers"on a Sax to set the mood for them first? Would evolving the Venipede help?

welcometorapture

I've bred an Abra with 31/XX/31/31/31/31, Modest and Wonder Guard. Would I be best of making it mega-evolve, and does this change the EV spread I'd use?

Smogon's great and all, but it acts like there's but one metaspread everyone abides to. Plus, they haven't got a page up on whether it's worth using the Mega(Alakazam). Has anyone here got a clue?

J3DS

Chestoise
Just hatched a shiny Rotom With IVs 31/x/31/30/31/31 and Modest nature! So excited! :)

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I've bred an Abra with 31/XX/31/31/31/31, Modest and Wonder Guard. Would I be best of making it mega-evolve, and does this change the EV spread I'd use?

Smogon's great and all, but it acts like there's but one metaspread everyone abides to. Plus, they haven't got a page up on whether it's worth using the Mega(Alakazam). Has anyone here got a clue?
The game has only been around for a month, competitive players are still trying to figure out the metagame for X/Y. Figure out the changes, especially with the new Mega-evos, and new pokemon.
You'll probably have to wait another month before proper sets are made, because so far Smogon is having their forum discuss about possible sets.

Last edited:

Cuthrout

The game has only been around for a month, competitive players are still trying to figure out the metagame for X/Y. Figure out the changes, especially with the new Mega-evos, and new pokemon.
You'll probably have to wait another month before proper sets are made, because so far Smogon is having their forum discuss about possible sets.

I find that crazy, its only been a month! it feels like its been out maybe 2 weeks ha ha. but maybe I've been concentrating too much on breeding and not much competitive play.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I find that crazy, its only been a month! it feels like its been out maybe 2 weeks ha ha. but maybe I've been concentrating too much on breeding and not much competitive play.

Jeez, it has been a month.

Super training says mine is a fully trained pokemon, I'm assuming I can't put any more evs on it?

Cuthrout

Jeez, it has been a month.

Super training says mine is a fully trained pokemon, I'm assuming I can't put any more evs on it?

Pretty much! 252 is max and when the bar is full that is it!

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Pretty much! 252 is max and when the bar is full that is it!

Huzzah! I think atk and def are my highest for my tyrantrum. So is he good?

Cuthrout

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Depending on his IVs ha ha yeah probs :p

The judge guy said he was above average, best being hp. So I've got me a pretty bulky and powerful tyrantrum. I'm happy.

I'm glad they made it easier. I was never a huge ev trainer-just would bulk up a lower stat, but this is really useful. Even my brother who gave me crap about ev training for years loves it.

Cuthrout

The judge guy said he was above average, best being hp. So I've got me a pretty bulky and powerful tyrantrum. I'm happy.

I'm glad they made it easier. I was never a huge ev trainer-just would bulk up a lower stat, but this is really useful. Even my brother who gave me crap about ev training for years loves it.

I never really bothered IV breeding till 4th gen and didn't give much effort to EV training until the end of 3rd gen and I barely took it seriously back then. Now my whole team is IV bred and EV trained to perfection. My laptop is full of different potential teams saved as notepad. with some crazy gimmick strategies. The game has definitely progressed.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

I never really bothered IV breeding till 4th gen and didn't give much effort to EV training until the end of 3rd gen and I barely took it seriously back then. Now my whole team is IV bred and EV trained to perfection. My laptop is full of different potential teams saved as notepad. with some crazy gimmick strategies. The game has definitely progressed.

Only done one so far, but this'll make my solo runs easier.

Kreayshawn

Do you get EV's by Day Care or Xp share leveling?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Do you get EV's by Day Care or Xp share leveling?
Your Pokemon don't receive any EVs while in the Day Care. The only way to get EVs is by defeating other Pokemon, and the new Super Training.

Status
Not open for further replies.