• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuthrout

Do you get EV's by Day Care or Xp share leveling?

I go to the pokemon league multiple times get a crap load of cash buy performance enhancing drugs, force feed them to baby pokemon and then make them pop balloons till I think they are ready, then I put them in situations where they are forced to fight until they are knocked out. Once knocked out I use more drugs to help revive them and carry on forcing them to fight until they are ready! I then stick them into storage and don't use them! >.< I maybe the most evil person by real life standards but I am just a pokemon breeder!

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I go to the pokemon league multiple times get a crap load of cash buy performance enhancing drugs, force feed them to baby pokemon and then make them pop balloons till I think they are ready, then I put them in situations where they are forced to fight until they are knocked out. Once knocked out I use more drugs to help revive them and carry on forcing them to fight until they are ready! I then stick them into storage and don't use them! >.< I maybe the most evil person by real life standards but I am just a pokemon breeder!

Uh huh. Tell it to the judge, punk.

But yeah, that should work.

Cuthrout

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Cuthrout

Aha! A confession!

Ha ha, tbh my ditto's have only been used to breed natures and hidden abilities, after that they are all neatly kept in ditto box. I have "daddy dnite", "daddy arbok" and "daddy Fisk" who are the the abused ones! though i am looking for some help with what EV's I should use for an adamant gyarados.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Ha ha, tbh my ditto's have only been used to breed natures and hidden abilities, after that they are all neatly kept in ditto box. I have "daddy dnite", "daddy arbok" and "daddy Fisk" who are the the abused ones! though i am looking for some help with what EV's I should use for an adamant gyarados.

You are terrible at not confessing to fake cops.

Defense and speed, maybe?

Cuthrout

You are terrible at not confessing to fake cops.

Defense and speed, maybe?

Well I was wondering more like whether to run, 252 attack, 182 speed and 76 hp or maybe invest in more speed.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Well I was wondering more like whether to run, 252 attack, 182 speed and 76 hp or maybe invest in more speed.

I'd switch hp and speed. Gyarados has pretty good hp.

Cuthrout

I'd switch hp and speed. Gyarados has pretty good hp.

Gyarados has 383 attack with 252 EVs 350 hp with 76 EVs 243 speed with 182 EV's. Swapping around the EVs would mean 376 hp and 217 speed.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Gyarados has 383 attack with 252 EVs 350 hp with 76 EVs 243 speed with 182 EV's. Swapping around the EVs would mean 376 hp and 217 speed.

Probably shouldn't swap then. Dang that's a lot of hp.

Cuthrout

Probably shouldn't swap then. Dang that's a lot of hp.

Yeah it is a bulky pokemon but with a 4 times weakness to electricity, needs to be able to outspeed timid Jolteon at least for 1 turn, after a ddance to then mega evolve and unleash the beast!

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Yeah it is a bulky pokemon but with a 4 times weakness to electricity, needs to be able to outspeed timid Jolteon at least for 1 turn, after a ddance to then mega evolve and unleash the beast!

Then speed him up, my friend.

Artnerd

Insane Artist
Hey guys~

I'm new to IVs and a guide I read told me to get 2 dittos with 3 maxed IVs, opposites of each other. I'd then have to breed my desired pokémon with ditto 1 until I get one with the IVs of ditto 1, then breed that one with Ditto 2 until all IV's pass. Did I get it right or am I far far away?

Cuthrout

Hey guys~

I'm new to IVs and a guide I read told me to get 2 dittos with 3 maxed IVs, opposites of each other. I'd then have to breed my desired pokémon with ditto 1 until I get one with the IVs of ditto 1, then breed that one with Ditto 2 until all IV's pass. Did I get it right or am I far far away?

Well having 2 Dittos as such is great, but really having a 5 or 6 IV male is better. Building a male using destiny knots and the power items to force down the stats even if the male is wrong in nature and ability it doesn't matter as you can breed a female with the nature and ability you want to breed with the perfect male. Also the male can be used to breed with other pokemon of its egg group so is probably better. I find it only takes me about 3 generations of females to get a perfect egg pokemon.

Artnerd

Insane Artist
Well having 2 Dittos as such is great, but really having a 5 or 6 IV male is better. Building a male using destiny knots and the power items to force down the stats even if the male is wrong in nature and ability it doesn't matter as you can breed a female with the nature and ability you want to breed with the perfect male. Also the male can be used to breed with other pokemon of its egg group so is probably better. I find it only takes me about 3 generations of females to get a perfect egg pokemon.
Well, I could use the two dittos to make a 5 or 6 IV male? Not all the pokémon I want are available in FS (for easy high IV access) so the dittos could help with that?
Or if you know of a guide that helped you get good I'd love to know about it.

Cuthrout

Well, I could use the two dittos to make a 5 or 6 IV male? Not all the pokémon I want are available in FS (for easy high IV access) so the dittos could help with that?
Or if you know of a guide that helped you get good I'd love to know about it.

Yeah use the dittos to make the 5 IV/ 6 IV male. You should check out the trade forum to find the pokemon you want, that aren't in friend safari, always try and get a female. I find it helps and is more useful for breeding. I don't know any guides but the best way you learn is by doing, and with breeding there is a lot of luck that goes into it, so a guide can only take you so far! TBH this thread can help you with any issue that you might come up with. :)

Artnerd

Insane Artist
Yeah use the dittos to make the 5 IV/ 6 IV male. You should check out the trade forum to find the pokemon you want, that aren't in friend safari, always try and get a female. I find it helps and is more useful for breeding. I don't know any guides but the best way you learn is by doing, and with breeding there is a lot of luck that goes into it, so a guide can only take you so far! TBH this thread can help you with any issue that you might come up with. :)

Trading usually means giving something of equal value, which I don't have right now. So I'll try and get these dittos first.
I'll probably be back soon. XD
Thanks for the help~

Cuthrout

Trading usually means giving something of equal value, which I don't have right now. So I'll try and get these dittos first.
I'll probably be back soon. XD
Thanks for the help~

You sound like a person who watches Full Metal Alchemist! ha ha, well I do have some pokemon which I classify as runts if you want? I have a male Klefki with IV's 31/31/31/x/31/31, it has sassy nature which I didn't want so therefore a runt! but it should help you start off, and you can use it to breed with other mineral pokemon!

Can someone explain to me why my EV training not working? I have Gothita at level 1 with power lens equiped to maximize special attack. So, I come across scatterbugs and the EV gain would be in defense. If you check what stat would increase after battling scatterbug, it would be defense as serebii shows. It's as if I am not equiping the power lens. Playing Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.