• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
and can someone explains how to get more than 4 ev points in each battle in a desired stat? Can you get 12 points each battle? Still havent ran across pokerus

Can someone explain to me why my EV training not working? I have Gothita at level 1 with power lens equiped to maximize special attack. So, I come across scatterbugs and the EV gain would be in defense. If you check what stat would increase after battling scatterbug, it would be defense as serebii shows. It's as if I am not equiping the power lens. Playing Y.

power lens ups sp.atk not defense. youre basically gaining 4 spatk EVs on top of the 1 def EV. try super training. I gain 12 Evs for each session and you get bags that boost EVs after each completion. or you can use the proper power item and battle hordes. pkrs helps a lot too, it doubles the amount of EVs gained. Power item= 4 EVs + 1 EV from battled pkmn + poke virus (pkrs) doubles total EVs which would come out to 10 EVs gained.

Last edited:
all numbers supposed to go toward special attack since I have the power lens equipped. I don't know why they go toward defense or partially. Even if some of the numbers are going toward defense, it shouldn't happen

all numbers supposed to go toward special attack since I have the power lens equipped. I don't know why they go toward defense or partially. Even if some of the numbers are going toward defense, it shouldn't happen

youre battling scatterbug... that gives off a defense EV not a spatk EV. power lens adds 4 spatk EVs to whatever you gain in battle. if you battle a scatterbug youll be gaining 1 def EV from scatterbug and 4 spatck EVs from power lens. you need to get a reset bag from the super training and re-do your EVs.

Last edited:

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
and can someone explains how to get more than 4 ev points in each battle in a desired stat? Can you get 12 points each battle? Still havent ran across pokerus

Try super training-sometimes you can get 12.

Also, don't count on pokerus-its extremely rare.

ricz

Evolution is the biggest boost in stats you will see, far more than IVs or EVs, Aromatisse has 121 statpoints extra base over Spritzee; now if you evolve your Spritzee and it still has better stats, then one of two things happened - either you are not correct about your Perfect IVs on your Spritzee, or it is an issue of EV Training. Nature would also play a role of course.

That was so obvious hahaha thanks for the help man!
Just another question: I have another 5 IV's Spritzee. Do you think I should train the new one or just evolve the old one? If I evolve it, will the stats grow?
Thanks again for the help :)

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Just to be sure, when EV training through hordes the EVs for a stat cap at 252 like when Super Training, right?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Just to be sure, when EV training through hordes the EVs for a stat cap at 252 like when Super Training, right?

I believe no matter how you do it, it caps at 252.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I gotta admit, IV Breeding is something I've never done before. I've always really dug Pokemon, but digging into the meta game has always seemed so foreign and too daunting to me. I broke through with some EV training last year, but X & Y's breeding changes has made IV's not only easier, but simpler for me to understand.

I've bred a Docile Speed Boost Venipede with 31/31/31/X/X/31 in only about an hour! I know the Docile nature isn't great, but I'm yet to have anything with an adamant/jolly nature. Still hopeful. I've hit a bump, trying to breed it with a Careful Whirlipede with 31/X/31/X/31/X to try and get the last EV in Sp. Def. They just won't pop out eggs, with the attendant saying "They don't seem to like each other much". Is there any way to increase the likelihood of getting eggs from them, or do I need to start playing "Careless Whispers"on a Sax to set the mood for them first? Would evolving the Venipede help?

When hatching eggs:

Same species & different OTs = High Chance of producing an egg.
Same species & same OTs or Different Species & different OTs = Medium chance of producing an egg.
Different species & same OTs = Low chance of producing an egg.

All you can hope for is that you hatch a good Careful Venipede to become a new parent, then you'll have the same species with the same OT.

tl;dr - evolve the Venipede

Soramex

Can I get any insight on what Nature and EVs I should get on my Delphox? I have it with Modest Nature, maxed Sp. Att., and maxed Speed. I am aware its movepool isn't that great but from my experience with it in battle it seems to have better than average speed.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Can I get any insight on what Nature and EVs I should get on my Delphox? I have it with Modest Nature, maxed Sp. Att., and maxed Speed. I am aware its movepool isn't that great but from my experience with it in battle it seems to have better than average speed.

I would probably recommend this;

Delphox @ Modest / Timid
~ Blaze
6 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball / Calm Mind / Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball / Calm Mind / Will-O-Wisp

Flamethrower and Psychic for STAB, Shadow Ball is its only other good Special move, Calm Mind for boosting could be combined with Will-O-Wisp to get some more bulk.

Just EV trained a Rotom with 31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 in 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def in about 10 minutes thanks to Hordes, Pokerus, and Power items.

EQWashu

Master Pokéwitch
Hey guys!

Last night I caught a Lv. 30 shiny female Kirlia (and no, I'm not trading it ;) ). It has a Naive nature with a Somewhat Vain charcteristic. I'm new to EV/IV, so I'm wondering what would be the stats I should work on the most for her to make a fairly decent Gardevoir. Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated!

-EQ

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I freakin hate the Dragalge balloon challenge in Super training!!! Every time I try to hit that thing, it always misses & I can never get it to aim it right!!!!!

NightShadow

Just a quick question. Once I max my evs in super training, does it matter what Pokemon I defeat to level it up? For example, I max my Breloom in attack and speed as well as a bit if defense. Once I can't use punching bags anymore do I still need to defeat Heracross to level it up to 100 or can I just battle my rival and other trainers who don't use pokemon that give attack evs. I don't want to give it evs it won't use but I also don't want to spend hours leveling up to 100 on level 30 pokemon.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Just a quick question. Once I max my evs in super training, does it matter what Pokemon I defeat to level it up? For example, I max my Breloom in attack and speed as well as a bit if defense. Once I can't use punching bags anymore do I still need to defeat Heracross to level it up to 100 or can I just battle my rival and other trainers who don't use pokemon that give attack evs. I don't want to give it evs it won't use but I also don't want to spend hours leveling up to 100 on level 30 pokemon.
No, after you've gotten all of the EVs it doesn't matter what Pokemon you battle since your Pokemon can no longer gain EVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.