• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreayshawn

Does anyone have an estimate of how long it takes to fully EV train a Pokemon using all 508 EVs? For someone who just started Super Training and is on the basic ones

Puma Italia

Does anyone have an estimate of how long it takes to fully EV train a Pokemon using all 508 EVs? For someone who just started Super Training and is on the basic ones

From start to finish it would take 30-40 minutes I'd say.

Horde training is much quicker though.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero

It really depends.

If you have access to Power Items and PKRS, then yes, Horde battling will be much faster.

If you don't, then you better start learning the ins and outs of Super Training.

do power items add +4 to super training totals??

NightShadow

No, after you've gotten all of the EVs it doesn't matter what Pokemon you battle since your Pokemon can no longer gain EVs.

Okay, thank you so much. I guess that means I will be leveling my Breloom much faster than I expected xD

Shiny Budew

I can't really answer how long it takes because my attention span is not that awesome, so I end up switching between Super Training and something else frequently.

However, once you have a Pokemon with maxed EVs, use it to complete all the Super Training regimens (at least the ones that haven't been cleared already) to unlock the higher level regimens. You won't mess up the EVs you've put on it, the game will just tell you that it couldn't earn any more EVs.

VainAttempts

Marsh Trainer
Today has been a good day for me. I told myself I wanted a Barbaracle on my team so I caught a lot in the Friend Safari and bred them until I got two good Binacle. But in the process of hatching for one good Binacle, I got a Jolly Binacle with 31/31/31/x/31/31 and Tough Claws. Just what I wanted.

So I EV trained it in Attack and Speed since I'm planning on making it a Shell Smash sweeper with Stone Edge and Cross Chop for almost perfect neutral coverage and Razor Shell as another STAB option (can't decide on Life Orb or White Herb). My only worries are bulky Grass types, Scarfed Electric types that are already fast to begin with, and revenge killers.

Cuthrout

Have you unlocked tier 3 of super training and able to get +12 EV's per balloon? It is much quicker if you unlock them. Also use vitamins to speed it up! :). But pokerus horde training is faster!

Blummers

When hatching eggs:

Same species & different OTs = High Chance of producing an egg.
Same species & same OTs or Different Species & different OTs = Medium chance of producing an egg.
Different species & same OTs = Low chance of producing an egg.

All you can hope for is that you hatch a good Careful Venipede to become a new parent, then you'll have the same species with the same OT.

tl;dr - evolve the Venipede

Thanks for that. I ended up finding the breeding percentages on the main site and evolving the Venipede. It gave off a Jolly Speed Boost Venipede, 31/31/31/29/20/31, which was good enough for me for now. Happy to max out 4 stats while I learn how to do it. Is there any trick to getting the 5th Stat, or is it just a case of destiny knotting, with the power item on the other and hoping for the best? For the record, trying to max out the Special Defence. I don't particularly care about the Special Attack.

One of the other Venipede's I bred also turned out with 4Vs, and traded it off, and scored a 4V Protean male Froakie in return, which I thought was really cool, so I'm going to try it again with him. I'm loving that the hidden ability can be passed down from a male through a Ditto. The change in breeding for this generation has been amazing!

stece69

Hi all,

I want to start IV breeding, but it owuld really help if someone that has Ditto Friend Safari would add me :)
PM with your friend code if you feel like helping me out! My FC: 0476-8568-6534
(Not sure what my friend safari is tough :/)

jegred2

How much do IV's make a difference in stats? I just hatched a Nieve Riolu with 27/31/31/31/31/31 which will be a mixed attacker. Was wondering if the 4 less HP IV's will make a large difference or not.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
How much do IV's make a difference in stats? I just hatched a Nieve Riolu with 27/31/31/31/31/31 which will be a mixed attacker. Was wondering if the 4 less HP IV's will make a large difference or not.
IVs don't have a huge impact of the final stat; they can only add up to 31 more points to a stat (1 IV = one point). Since you're four points shy of 31 IVs in HP, your Riolu will only have four less Hit Points than if it did have 31 IVs.

jegred2

IVs don't have a huge impact of the final stat; they can only add up to 31 more points to a stat (1 IV = one point). Since you're four points shy of 31 IVs in HP, your Riolu will only have four less Hit Points than if it did have 31 IVs.

Thank you, looks like I'll train up this riolu then. Took me forever to get all of the different ones I've wanted.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
So I just got a really good Aegislash and I don't want to mess up it's super training. Stance Change is kinda confusing me though so I don't know what to max out, ATK & SP ATK or DEF & SP DEF? The plan I have is basic, have it come out as a Shield and do Swords Dance once or twice, switching to Blade form after to attempt a sweep. What's the best spread for that? (Probably gonna pair it with a speed boosting Baton passer if that information would change how I should spread it.)

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
So I just got a really good Aegislash and I don't want to mess up it's super training. Stance Change is kinda confusing me though so I don't know what to max out, ATK & SP ATK or DEF & SP DEF? The plan I have is basic, have it come out as a Shield and do Swords Dance once or twice, switching to Blade form after to attempt a sweep. What's the best spread for that? (Probably gonna pair it with a speed boosting Baton passer if that information would change how I should spread it.)

You'll want to maximize his Attack and HP, so that he'll do the most damage when in Sword Forme, but still have some bulk in Shield Forme. Here is the set I used in the Battle Maison, with Rotom-H and (Mega) Gyarados;

Aegislash @ Brave
Leftovers @ Shield Change
31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 0
252 HP / 252 Attack / 6 Sp. Def
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance

Shadow Sneak and Sacred Sword get flawless coverage together, hitting every single Pokemon for at least neutral damage, and now that Steel was nerfed of its resistance to Dark and Ghost, it makes it all the more simple. King's Shield is great for scouting out moves, and also great catching a pokemon using a physical move to get the Attack drop. Finally, Swords Dance is obvious.

The Brave nature and 0 Speed IV means that Aegislash will in most cases move after the opponent, so it can tank the hit in Shield Forme, and then Stance Change into Sword Forme when it attacks.

ReddShope

Arc Lord
It's really frustrating when you're breeding for IVs and you keep getting Pokemon with 5 maxed IVs, but always in the wrong spots.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Well we can't have everything easy...otherwise they might as well just make every Pokémon a perfect 6er...

sarysa

Series slave
I freakin hate the Dragalge balloon challenge in Super training!!! Every time I try to hit that thing, it always misses & I can never get it to aim it right!!!!!

If you get up as high as possible, you only have three places to aim...and they don't move very much from that perspective. But all the center spots are merged into one, and the two side spots aren't -too- hard to hit if you just spam them. Once you get enough hits in you'll get about 10 seconds or so to unleash on the center, which is easy enough from that POV.

Doing it this way makes Dragalge one of the fastest level 3 ST's to complete.

Cuthrout

You'll want to maximize his Attack and HP, so that he'll do the most damage when in Sword Forme, but still have some bulk in Shield Forme. Here is the set I used in the Battle Maison, with Rotom-H and (Mega) Gyarados;

Aegislash @ Brave
Leftovers @ Shield Change
31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 0
252 HP / 252 Attack / 6 Sp. Def
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance

Shadow Sneak and Sacred Sword get flawless coverage together, hitting every single Pokemon for at least neutral damage, and now that Steel was nerfed of its resistance to Dark and Ghost, it makes it all the more simple. King's Shield is great for scouting out moves, and also great catching a pokemon using a physical move to get the Attack drop. Finally, Swords Dance is obvious.

The Brave nature and 0 Speed IV means that Aegislash will in most cases move after the opponent, so it can tank the hit in Shield Forme, and then Stance Change into Sword Forme when it attacks.

Looking like that META build for Aegislash. Myself I run it a lot more defensively, but tha's because I like it as a wall.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Impish Nature IV's 31/31/31/x/31/31
EV's 252 HP 129 def 129 sp def
Sacred Sword
Swords Dance
King's Shield
Shadow Sneak

I bulk'd it out to the max because it needs to take a few hits. From what I've seen people use Super effective moves to try and kill Aegislash, thats where weakness policy and swords dance in 1 turn can give you a +4 attack boost. When you change to attack form you have 150 base attack and whilst it may not have any EV's in it when you are at +6 you will do damage!

Status
Not open for further replies.