• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nodame

Misty <3
Hey guys~

I'm new to IVs and a guide I read told me to get 2 dittos with 3 maxed IVs, opposites of each other. I'd then have to breed my desired pokémon with ditto 1 until I get one with the IVs of ditto 1, then breed that one with Ditto 2 until all IV's pass. Did I get it right or am I far far away?
Exactly, but don't forget to use Everstone to pass down its nature :)

Artnerd

Insane Artist
You sound like a person who watches Full Metal Alchemist! ha ha, well I do have some pokemon which I classify as runts if you want? I have a male Klefki with IV's 31/31/31/x/31/31, it has sassy nature which I didn't want so therefore a runt! but it should help you start off, and you can use it to breed with other mineral pokemon!

Sorry I poofed for a bit. I actually never seen that Anime. XD
I'd love to take your Klefki!

I've managed to get my dittos. One is HP ATT DEF and the second is SATT SDEF SPD. Still looking for more, but they keep on sticking with just 3 IVs. (and they keep on KOing my Aegislash, which is lv 100 and they're just lv 30..)

Exactly, but don't forget to use Everstone to pass down its nature :)
Right now, I'm at the first stage, so I only need the destiny knot I believe?

Last edited:

Artnerd

Insane Artist
if you have one of the parents hold the Destiny Knot item, then 5 IVs total from either parent will be guaranteed to be transferred I think lol

Yea, I'm currently trying out ditto 1 with HP, ATT and DEF to pass those 3 to the offspring, then breed the offspring with ditto 2, which has SATT SDEF and SPD and hope to get at least a 5IV offspring of that.
Then, I'd love to get a foreign 5IV father and try and get a perfect shiny.

The idea behind this is mostly cause a 'normal' shiny Dratini/Espurr/Mareep/basic would get slaughtered right away, but if they have perfect IV's they may last a little bit longer.. Sure they'd be epic fully evolved, but I adore their basic forms.. I always hated the fact I needed to evolve my pokemon to make them competative. :(

(as my siggy shows, I had a shiny Dratini, but all it's IV's added up still didn't make 30)

Kalos.Fan

Do you have any idea how to reach 252 in Super Training? I've looked at the Meter Bar and it could tell me what number does it saying. But I do know one thing is when I first EV train a pokemon in Super Training, then the first thing I must do is to complete a lv 1 Super Training Mini game on any 4ev first. I certainly wanted to know how to check the EVs as well. I got the Reset Bags just in case that I've messed up. So is it possible that it can't pass 252 anymore in the x and y game upon the Super Training?

Artnerd

Insane Artist
Do you have any idea how to reach 252 in Super Training? I've looked at the Meter Bar and it could tell me what number does it saying. But I do know one thing is when I first EV train a pokemon in Super Training, then the first thing I must do is to complete a lv 1 Super Training Mini game on any 4ev first. I certainly wanted to know how to check the EVs as well. I got the Reset Bags just in case that I've messed up. So is it possible that it can't pass 252 anymore in the x and y game upon the Super Training?
You could just save, use a reset bag and it will show exactly how many EVs are deleted of each stat.
And you can get EV removing berries by crossing the basic heal berries, which in turn can be found at that berry booth near Azure bay.
If you want to unlock higher levels of the super training, just use pokémon you're not training or are already maxed to not get unwanted EVs.

Gunwing

I am sorry if this has been said before but I have to say it : I am so pleased that they simplified IV Breeding !!! I can make a lot of perfect pokemons without RNG and this is so good. It takes some time if you are unlucky but otherwise it is much much easier than before. Everstone + Destiny Knot for the win. Sorry I really wanted to post that.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
You'll want to maximize his Attack and HP, so that he'll do the most damage when in Sword Forme, but still have some bulk in Shield Forme. Here is the set I used in the Battle Maison, with Rotom-H and (Mega) Gyarados;

Aegislash @ Brave
Leftovers @ Shield Change
31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 0
252 HP / 252 Attack / 6 Sp. Def
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance

Shadow Sneak and Sacred Sword get flawless coverage together, hitting every single Pokemon for at least neutral damage, and now that Steel was nerfed of its resistance to Dark and Ghost, it makes it all the more simple. King's Shield is great for scouting out moves, and also great catching a pokemon using a physical move to get the Attack drop. Finally, Swords Dance is obvious.

The Brave nature and 0 Speed IV means that Aegislash will in most cases move after the opponent, so it can tank the hit in Shield Forme, and then Stance Change into Sword Forme when it attacks.
If I maximise it's ATK, won't that just convert to DEF when it changes to Sword form?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
If I maximise it's ATK, won't that just convert to DEF when it changes to Sword form?

Correct.

Attack will convert entirely to Defence in Sword Forme and vice-versa.

In order to actually have Defense in Sword Forme, you'd have to invest in it's Attack.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Correct.

Attack will convert entirely to Defence in Sword Forme and vice-versa.

In order to actually have Defense in Sword Forme, you'd have to invest in it's Attack.

If you're suggesting that Attack EVs suddenly convert to Defense EVs in Shield Forme, I can tell you that is not true.

Cuthrout

If you're suggesting that Attack EVs suddenly convert to Defense EVs in Shield Forme, I can tell you that is not true.

Imagine how overpowered Aegislash would be if the EV's swapped as well! but foxyman is correct, the EV's wont swap.

iTarTar

Is something wrong with my daycare? I put in a Male 31/31/31/31/31/31 Charmander and a Female 31/x/31/31/31/31 Mareep and after 20 eggs I got my another 31/x/31/31/31/31 Mareep. I've been using destiny knot and everstone and I've gotten about a third of my Mareep with only 4 IVs and two with 3 IVs! Shouldn't I only be getting 5 IVs from each breed?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Is something wrong with my daycare? I put in a Male 31/31/31/31/31/31 Charmander and a Female 31/x/31/31/31/31 Mareep and after 20 eggs I got my another 31/x/31/31/31/31 Mareep. I've been using destiny knot and everstone and I've gotten about a third of my Mareep with only 4 IVs and two with 3 IVs! Shouldn't I only be getting 5 IVs from each breed?

I think the Destiny Knot can overlap choices, there's a possibility that it can pass down the Charmander and Mareeps HP.

kempy21

hey just a quick question on IV breeding. If i had a ditto with 3 Perfect IV's and a Charmander with 2 different perfect IV's and bread them would that be the fastest way to get one with 5 perfect IV's?
what would happen if i gave them both destiny knots as well?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
hey just a quick question on IV breeding. If i had a ditto with 3 Perfect IV's and a Charmander with 2 different perfect IV's and bread them would that be the fastest way to get one with 5 perfect IV's?
what would happen if i gave them both destiny knots as well?

If the Ditto and the Charmander have the 5IVs combined that you want, give one the Destiny Knot and hope for the best.

As you breed, replace the parents with better IV spreads to make your life easier.

DarkKami

Pokemon Collector

Because your Mareep has XX in attack, don't forget that Destiny Knot picks "5" IVs and one "randomly generated" iv.

There is a chance your offspring will have mareeps att and "xx" on a random. Hence why you can get 4 iv mareeps.

You are only guaranteed 5ivs when BOTH parents have 6IVs.

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Is there anyway you can check the exact iv spreads of your pokemon?

There is a Psychic in Kiloude City that can tell you the highest IVs your Pokémon has, and will tell you multiple if they have more than 1 stat that's the same number.

After that, you can use an IV calculator to find the exact ones, but at lower levels you're not going to get the exact numbers.

Shiny Budew

Is there anyway you can check the exact iv spreads of your pokemon?
To add to what foxyman1167 said, stock up on Rare Candies (higher level = more accurate results when checking IVs). If you save before feeding the Pokemon the rare candies, you can soft reset after you've checked the IVs. That way, you can use them over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.