• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuthrout

So only the base stat swaps after King's Shield and EVs are ignoredin swapping?

Ev's are constant, the base stat is what changes. As such with 252 attack EVs and 0 defense ev's in shield form you will still have 252 attack and 0 defense, it doesnt change.

Kreayshawn

Do the EVs you get from battles show up in Super Trainong? Like the bar fills upz

Artnerd

Insane Artist
I was lucky and the mareep from 'stage 1' was modest, so I gave it an everstone. Now breeding it with the stage 2 ditto.
First 5 eggs and I already got a 4IV modest Mareep. Att, Satt, Sdef and Speed. Gonna continue until I get the all but Att. Crossing my toes it won't take too long.

-edit- Ran into a 'meme' on how to make a 6IV easily;
http://cheezburger.com/7892947968
is this actually true?

Last edited:
Even when one parent holds a Destiny Knot and the other holds a Power item, only 5 IVs are passed down, not 6. The difference is that 1 of them is pre-determined (by the Power item) and the other 4 are chosen from the parents at random.

It's beneficial to use a Power item to guarantee a perfect IV that one parent has but the other parent doesn't. The only draw back is that without an Everstone, the Nature will be random.

Last edited:

Cuthrout

Even when one parent holds a Destiny Knot and the other holds a Power item, only 5 IVs are passed down, not 6. The difference is that 1 of them is pre-determined (by the Power item) and the other 4 are chosen from the parents at random.

It's beneficial to use a Power item to guarantee a perfect IV that one parent has but the other parent doesn't. The only draw back is that without an Everstone, the Nature will be random.

Yeah but you can use this to try and get a perfect male to breed, so its not too bad.

Artnerd

Insane Artist
Yeah but you can use this to try and get a perfect male to breed, so its not too bad.

Hm.. I'll never get enough BP to get all those items though. I think I should have a near perfect Mareep by the end of this day, then I'll try for a Honedge!
Then comes the issues of trying to find foreign IV bred pokémon to trade with..

Would you want a shiny Honedge even if the stats were horrible, Cuthrout?

ricz

Can someone help me? I'm new at this ev training
I'm about to start training a Snorunt (Female, 5 Top IV's, Bold), and I want to evolve it to Froslass
The question is, should I evolve it now (level 1) or after some time training?
Also, wich stats should I train more?
Thanks

Cuthrout

Hm.. I'll never get enough BP to get all those items though. I think I should have a near perfect Mareep by the end of this day, then I'll try for a Honedge!
Then comes the issues of trying to find foreign IV bred pokémon to trade with..

Would you want a shiny Honedge even if the stats were horrible, Cuthrout?

I am a collector ;) I like shiny things ^_^ yeah, my shinies generally arent touched unless I think they have potential, eg my shiny larvitar in soul silver had 4 IV's with 31 stats so I use it. A shiny Honedge wouldnt be used, it would sit next to my shiny snorunt and skrelp :p

Chibified

<--Wants Plushie of
I'm envious of people here. While I understand EV training, I positively suck at breeding. I have awful luck with breeding, and I've actually owned a few pokemon with <10in total IVs. What are the odds of that?

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Where is everyone leveling their Pokemon after they've EV trained them? That's become such a pain now.
I'm sure most are using horde battles to EV train much faster. I'll be using them as soon as I'm done breeding(just need to breed Gastly).

You can still do horde battles even without Pokerus but it does make things much faster with Pokerus.
If you do a horde battle where the Pokemon only gives 1 EV each you'll receive just 5 EVs.
Have your Pokemon with Macho Brace or Pokerus they'll receive 10 EVs
Pokerus with Macho Brace that's 20 EVs
Pokerus with Power Item that's 50 Evs

Make sure if your going to use Horde battles that you have a Pokemon that knows Sweet Scent. Using Sweet Scent will always make a Horde Battle appear if there's a horde battle where your at. You can get an Oddish on Route 6.

The locations for EV training are:
HP- Gulpin on Route 5 [1 EV], Whismur in Connecting Cave [1 EV]
Atk- Bellsprout on Route 14 [1 EV], Cubchoo in Frost Cavern [1 EV], Weepinbell on Route 19 [1 EV]
Def- Nosepass on Route 10 [1 EV], Geodude on Route 18 [1 EV], Durant in Terminus Cave [2 EV]
Sp.Atk- Vanillite in Frost Cavern [1 EV]
Sp.Def- Hoppip on Route 7 [1 EV]
Spd- Wingull on Route 8 [1 EV], Zubat in Connecting Cave [1 EV]

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I'm envious of people here. While I understand EV training, I positively suck at breeding. I have awful luck with breeding, and I've actually owned a few pokemon with <10in total IVs. What are the odds of that?

this is also me in a nutshell. EV training has become a bit of a second nature but IV breeding... I'm not good at it at all

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Where is everyone leveling their Pokemon after they've EV trained them? That's become such a pain now.

I usually grind them against the trainers in the Battle Chateau, or go to the E4. Thing is I only grind them to L50 though for the Battle Maison.

Puma Italia

I'm sure most are using horde battles to EV train much faster. I'll be using them as soon as I'm done breeding(just need to breed Gastly).

You can still do horde battles even without Pokerus but it does make things much faster with Pokerus.
If you do a horde battle where the Pokemon only gives 1 EV each you'll receive just 5 EVs.
Have your Pokemon with Macho Brace or Pokerus they'll receive 10 EVs
Pokerus with Macho Brace that's 20 EVs
Pokerus with Power Item that's 50 Evs

Make sure if your going to use Horde battles that you have a Pokemon that knows Sweet Scent. Using Sweet Scent will always make a Horde Battle appear if there's a horde battle where your at. You can get an Oddish on Route 6.

The locations for EV training are:
HP- Gulpin on Route 5 [1 EV], Whismur in Connecting Cave [1 EV]
Atk- Bellsprout on Route 14 [1 EV], Cubchoo in Frost Cavern [1 EV], Weepinbell on Route 19 [1 EV]
Def- Nosepass on Route 10 [1 EV], Geodude on Route 18 [1 EV], Durant in Terminus Cave [2 EV]
Sp.Atk- Vanillite in Frost Cavern [1 EV]
Sp.Def- Hoppip on Route 7 [1 EV]
Spd- Wingull on Route 8 [1 EV], Zubat in Connecting Cave [1 EV]

I think you misread my question. I know all of that already.

I was asking where people go to level up their Pokemon after they are EV trained.

I do the triple battles in the 3 star Lumoise restaurant, whack a Lucky Egg on them and the EXP is crazy, use the Pokémon in battle and get two stronger ones to take down the opponents. There is an Audino in there too so lots of extra EXP. You can also get a tonne of money doing this.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I think you misread my question. I know all of that already.

I was asking where people go to level up their Pokemon after they are EV trained.
Yea..... sorry about that XD
But hey maybe someone else can get some use out of that info if they didn't know already ;)

Probably just face the Elite Four over and over, or you could do Battle Chateau with Gold Writ Invitation and which ever is the highest Writ of Challenge(Black being the best Lv+20). You could also try the Lumiose City resturants, those are pretty quick and you can simply leave when your done and start over again. Using Exp O-power, even Lucky Egg and whatever else that boost's exp will speed things up.
Now if only there was an Audino horde battle that would really make things easier.

Last edited:

Puma Italia

But hey maybe someone else can get some use out of that info if they didn't know already ;)

Probably just face the Elite Four over and over, or you could do Battle Chateau with Gold Writ Invitation and which ever is the highest Writ of Challenge(Black being the best Lv+20). You could also try the Lumiose City resturants, those are pretty quick and you can simply leave when your done and start over again. Using Exp O-power, even Lucky Egg and whatever else that boost's exp will speed things up.
Now if only there was an Audino horde battle that would really make things easier.

It's cool. That info could be very useful for other users, so it's a good thing you posted it.

I've been doing triple battles at the 3 star restaurant in Lumiose City, and it has been much quicker than the Elite 4.

It's cool. That info could be very useful for other users, so it's a good thing you posted it.

I've been doing triple battles at the 3 star restaurant in Lumiose City, and it has been much quicker than the Elite 4.

Rotation battles are better for getting the lower levels in without having to worry about them dying.

Cuthrout

I honestly didn't know where but tbh I still spend a fortune on vitamins when I should use my bp. So your post is useful! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.